Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

does anyone know if there are online bookstores that accept irish laser cards

Options
  • 29-07-2009 7:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭

does anyone know if there are online bookstores that accept irish laser cards. thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 583 ✭✭✭xp90

Easons does! just checked it for ya, not sure if theyre the cheapest though!

Cdwow do a selection of books and accept laser also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭ceoexec2

thanks, what is the best irish online store by the way both for choice and for postage and cost etc.

im aware of awesome books and booksdepository from abroad that dont charge postage but they dont take irish laser.

Personally Id choose cdwow due to the low cost, plus Ive found the customer service to be top notch if anything does go wrong

grand, i wasnt aware of them at all. thanks again

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

You could get an Entropay temporary credit card account (www.entropay.com). You can put money into this credit card account via bank transfer. Its takes a few days to go through asfaik and theres a 4% service charge. However you would save money in the long run - Easons is so damn expensive!

Entropay is a great service. I put money into it via my Halifax Visa Card. Entropay is a Visa Electron which means shops like Aer Lingus dont charge the €5 credit card charge. If you want to use it on Ryanair you will need a pounds Entropay account btw. So Ive actually two accounts there.

Book Depository all the way :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭TedB

I only have a laser card, its quite infuriating that online bookshops don't accomadate people with these cards.

Anyone know of any other bookshops that have this policy?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭dioltas

I bought a few books from the bookdepository at the weekend with my 3v card. Was in the same boat, no credit card, just a laser. Find 3v very handy, you just go into a shop buy a voucher and it's like a tempory credit card.

www.3v.ie

So if you buy a 20 euro voucher then you have a credit card wth 20 euro on it, your credit card number is on the receipt and they text you your ccv number and expiry date. It costs nothing if you get 20 euro, 30 euro and up had a surcharge of 2.50 I think... The card itself is free.

dioltas im aware of the 3v card, its good alright apart from having to actually go and find a store that sells the vouchers. there not sold everywhere which is a shame.

turgon aer lingus allow laser and theres no charge i think but thanks for the entropay link. ill check it out

turgon i cant open my pm messages. whats up?

• Advertisement

:confused: Couldnt tell you ... maybe Helpdesk would be you best bet.

i meant what did you say in the pm:)

Sorry ceoexec2, but its not something I want to share publicly. If you read it you would understand :)

no prob, ill try and sort it out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭TedB

turgon wrote: »
    Sorry ceoexec2, but its not something I want to share publicly. If you read it you would understand :)

:eek:

Con... Con... Conspiracy!!

Jealous your not involved????? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭sxt

turgon wrote: »
    Halifax Visa Card.

FTW !! ,Get one of these and bury your laser card.

* unless you need it for non book purchasing reasons :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭dioltas

ceoexec2 wrote: »
    dioltas im aware of the 3v card, its good alright apart from having to actually go and find a store that sells the vouchers. there not sold everywhere which is a shame.

Ya it's a pain all right. They don't sell them in my town, but there's a good few towns not too far from me that do sell them. I was passing through a town last week and decided to pick one up.

Shops that have them usually have a sign utside. Here's a list anyway,
    https://www.3v.ie/where_to_buy_3V_vouchers.html

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭rosboy

Hughes & Hughes take laser card.

http://www.hughesbooks.com

Their store locations are fairly limited though, so it mightn't suit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭DJsail

poolbeg.com

• Advertisement
Advertisement