Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

adjust pvc window

Options
  • 29-07-2009 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭

can anyone explain how to adjust a top opening pvc window.it seems to be out of alignment.thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭beldin

I would suggest oiling the hinges. I did it with mine and it helped.Once they were running freely the gaps disappeared.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

yeah clean out the runners. if the bottom grip more than the top or visa versa it will put it out of line. clean and grease and proviiding none of the arms are bent should be ok

• Registered Users Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭horse7

there seems to be 2 lugs or spacers missing off the sides of the inside of the window,any idea if i could get some in b&q or hardware store?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

i think i know what you are talking about now. is the window catchin on the frame?

they are slides/guiders to lift the wndow into correct position.

b&q have a building section that might have them. they have a sunroom place in airside iirc.

maybe someone there could give you one

• Registered Users Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭horse7

ta,will try them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement