Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What netbook can do the following??

Options
  • 29-07-2009 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭

Hey all, I am in South America and I want to get a small laptop, no bigger than a 10 inch screen. This are the things I want it to do if possible:

Wireless internet for browsing
    Run Skype
    Run Rosetta Stone, this is a language learning program.
    Run itunes so that I can have music with me and charge my ipod.
    Run some sort of wordprocessor so I can do some planning for my classes.

And two quick side notes, I have a 15 inch laptop where I am living but I am travelling more and more at the weekends so that's what the netbook is for. My own laptop is running my itunes. If I get a netbook and download itunes and plug in my ipod will I end up with a copy of my music on it or will I have a blank library. Can I use one ipod with two differnet computers??? Also, can netbooks run a word processor? Would I download open office or would it come with some sort of wordprocessor on it already.

Thanks for any replies, I'm abit lost about it all as you techies may realise!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

pretty much any new netbook with an atom processor will do the above with windows xp. Buy one with a large hard drive if music is something you need to store.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

pretty much any new netbook with an atom processor will do the above with windows xp. Buy one with a large hard drive if music is something you need to store.

As Alan said, get a 160Gb drive in it with a new netbook and you are sorted.

Advertisement