Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best way to apply foundation/conealer?

• 29-07-2009 8:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭

Do you use a brush, sponge or your fingers to apply foundation, which do you think gives the best results? If you have a large area to cover with concealer, would you use the brush or sponge for that too?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Double Wear with a brush ftw! You shouldn't need much concealer with that foundation either as it's full coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Evil-p

IMO its totally worth investing in a good foundation brush and concealer brush. I like the MAC brushes myself. Obviously a good moisturiser will make the foundation more even on your skin. What i do is dab the concealer on over blemishes and let it dry slightly then i use the concealor brush and dab over the area. Then i apply my foundation with a foundation brush starting at the nose and spreading outwards and downwards. The prevents build up of makeup at the hairline. The best way to get good coverage is to dab rather than stroke so if you have a lot of spots or whatever on your chin, after the concealer, db he foundation instead of stroke in that area!
    Also make sure your foundation is the correct tone for your skin cos if its the wrong colour no amount of brushes will make it perfect!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Def, mousse with a brush, anything oil based with a brush.

I have a few long wearing foundations that are dry the minute they hit your skin so can't blend them with a brush, any ideas?

Last time I tried a sponge all the foundation went into it and none on my face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

Yeah, brush for me too. I never liked sponges for the exact reason wmpdd3 mentioned.
    They drink up all the foundation!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Using a brush tends to stop foundation caking. I like the stipple foundation brush (the two toned bristles). Apply foundation in circular motions to give 'air brush' effect. If you need more coverage you can stipple/dabbing the brush.

Start first with area that needs coverage, usually nose, chin and cheeks. Blend outwards towards the side of your face but try not to add more foundation to your brush/sponge/hand. (on a little side note: I got some training with Laura Mercier for an event and the MUA told us that Laura uses a sponge (specially designed) and starts from the outside and working your way into the middle of the face with the foundation. Thought it was weird!!)

Apply concealer with a brush after foundation as foundation will cover some amount of redness/blotchiness etc.

Set with loose translucent powder. Then apply (if wanted/needed) bronzer and blusher.

And keep your brushes clean so avoid spots!!

I'm sure someone can recommend a youtube tutorial. ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement