Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Case International 895 2wd with Quicke front loader

• 29-07-2009 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

Whats your thoughts on a '93 one of these with 4,200hours up on it? It appears in good nick but I'm been asked €13,000 for it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

small hours for year

looks a bit dear for 2 wd,

having said that you will not get much for 13k

a couple of dealers told me that the only tractors selling just now are for €10-20k.

very hard to sell anything dearer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 576 ✭✭✭MrFoxman360

does it have an XL cab or the lower stockman cab, that can make a difference in price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭adne

A 2wd for that money is a rip off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭colrow

I bought a 885 1988 4wd with frontloader, for £4.5, in uk and there is a ferry from Bristol to cork once a week, it costs about £200,

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭gerardk55

hey colrow where did you come by that tractor in the UK. Been looking around for something like that in that prcie range.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭colrow

i pm'd you the website

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Gearbox is gone in our case 1394, and I've been looking around for something like yours to replace it. You wont get that sort of money if your selling private, unless you're very lucky and the tractor is mint.

Any case I looked at in the 6k-14k mark seem to be a heap of scrap to be honest, I travelled as far as cork and tyrone, and no real joy, so we are just going to rebuild the 1394 now, it has lost all its deprication so better fixing her up then spending 10k on another tractor that might need a gearbox etc in a yr or so. I'd say I'm not the only person thinking like this in these hard times which is why its so hard to sell the likes of your tractor!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 760 ✭✭✭bk1991

Timmaay wrote: »
    Gearbox is gone in our case 1394, and I've been looking around for something like yours to replace it. You wont get that sort of money if your selling private, unless you're very lucky and the tractor is mint.

Any case I looked at in the 6k-14k mark seem to be a heap of scrap to be honest, I travelled as far as cork and tyrone, and no real joy, so we are just going to rebuild the 1394 now, it has lost all its deprication so better fixing her up then spending 10k on another tractor that might need a gearbox etc in a yr or so. I'd say I'm not the only person thinking like this in these hard times which is why its so hard to sell the likes of your tractor!

i know a lad who bought a 4wd case ih 895 duo xl with brand new loader brackets ready for loader good tires low hours up nort last year for 13k

so that price seams dear to me

Advertisement