Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Thursday

Options
  • 29-07-2009 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭

Just want to get a few tips early so I can just nip into the bookies 'cause I've loads on tomorrow.
    Any tips now lads?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

Fingers in the 5 o clock looks good won his last 3. PP offering 20/1 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭ArraMusha

'fisher bridge' a good ew in the hurdle.

Tiz early yet.
    Sun is shining here in Ballybrit, and forecast to stay that way....did ya see yer wan on the front of the indo...jaysas...

http://www.independent.ie/

...now back to bettin and tips....!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 iEire

ArraMusha wrote: »
    'fisher bridge' a good ew in the hurdle.

Tiz early yet.
    Sun is shining here in Ballybrit, and forecast to stay that way....did ya see yer wan on the front of the indo...jaysas...

http://www.independent.ie/

...now back to bettin and tips....!

Nice boyfriend she has :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭alibabba

iEire wrote: »
    Nice boyfriend she has :D

Id say he'd love to give her a bit of the 'Going Forward' !

:p

Haha lovely let's just hope the weather stays as it is now. Any more tips lads?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Trankton

Good word on Deutschland in the hurdle so I'm thinking a win bet on it at 4-1 and a saver e/w on truckers at 14-1. Good luck.

Just going through the card today and Dual Gales in the 4.20 for Mullins and Ruby looks a good bet, might be a nice double with Deutschland. Thoughts??

After surfing thru the papers this morning, it appears the NAP of the day is

4.20 Glenstal Abbey with Tony McCoy on board

Ruby has picked Deutchland over Vital Plot for this ride, if he rang in the plate he wud have been top weight, so down around the 10 stone mark for the hurdle cannot be ignored

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭jmauel

Trankton wrote: »
    Good word on Deutschland in the hurdle so I'm thinking a win bet on it at 4-1 and a saver e/w on truckers at 14-1. Good luck.

Just going through the card today and Dual Gales in the 4.20 for Mullins and Ruby looks a good bet, might be a nice double with Deutschland. Thoughts??

Regarding Dual gales...

Dual Gales (Ruby) runs in the 2m 4f novice hurdle. He was a little unlucky when third at Killarney recently and will appreciate this trip and the ground. We are a bit concerned that this track may not suit him as he has only won on flat tracks.

Yeah I was thinking Deautschland and Glenstal Abbey for the double but trankton your's sounds good also

Dammit, can't decide on glenstal abbey or dual gales now....hmmm. Still going through the card, might come up with something else. Goodwood looks very nice today, Trainer of ENROLLER in the 3rd race sounds very confident on it's chances.

• Advertisement

Trankton wrote: »
    Dammit, can't decide on glenstal abbey or dual gales now....hmmm. Still going through the card, might come up with something else. Goodwood looks very nice today, Trainer of ENROLLER in the 3rd race sounds very confident on it's chances.

Tell me more ...

Haven't had a look at Goodwood yet but I'll check it out now

alibabba wrote: »
    Tell me more ...

"He ran absolutely fantastic in the Hardwicke and again last time at Newmarket, but on fast ground he now needs further. I have no doubts about him staying two miles and I’ve never had him better.”

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭ingo1984

vital plot is going to be withdrawn from the galway hurdle.

Judgethemoment was on good form there won 3 races and came fourth and PP is backing it at 33/1

From the indo ...

WITH Aidan O'Brien's Yeats not in attendance, today's Goodwood Cup gives the admirable Caracciola a real chance of securing a first Group-race success, writes Thomas Kelly.

Despite his age, the 12-year-old has appeared as good as ever in two starts this season, battling back to win a Listed prize at York before oozing class in the Queen Alexandra at Royal Ascot.

He has temporarily made the move from the suspended Nicky Henderson to the care of Barry Hills but this can hardly be construed as a negative.

There will be few more popular winners on the Sussex Downs if he does indeed come home in front, but he will have to be at his best to overcome multiple Group One winner Schiaparelli, one of two contenders with Godolphin which is quoted at 9/4 favourite.

The sprinters get their chance to shine in the Audi Stakes, and it would be very dangerous to dismiss Robin Bastiman's stable star Borderlescott.
    Last year's Nunthorpe winner has shown his ability to handle the track more than once. He landed the 2006 Stewards' Cup and has also been placed in two subsequent renewals of the competitive handicap.

Luca Cumani's Ialysos would appear to be his chief danger this time around, but the sprinter dubbed the 'Greek freak' is forced to give 5lb to Borderlescott -- and that could prove crucial.

Meanwhile, Frankie Dettori has been handed a prime spare ride aboard Spacious in Saturday's Blue Square Nassau Stakes at Goodwood after Johnny Murtagh opted for Galway.

ingo1984 wrote: »
    vital plot is going to be withdrawn from the galway hurdle.

If that IS the case, Im backing Ruby now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

On what basis do you reckon Vital Plot will be withdrawn?

Vital Plot has been withdrawn I just refreshed the race card on PP.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭ingo1984

my mate has a share in vital plot and he text me saying it was lame this morning. he is ripping because he was backing it all last week ante-post at 20's.

Vital Plot is definetly withdrawn on PP website

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭fumyname

deutschland to win the hurdle...

featherweight,talented and goes in conditions with ruby on board he'l slaughter the bookies today only on at 11/4 :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Gone for the following

Separate Ways
    Anywaysmile
    Glenstal Abbey
    Deutschland

boring shorties as a yankee and an accumulator.

And here are my 'certs' :

Seperate Ways
    Quintana
    Anywaysmile
    Glenstal Abbey 5/4
    Deutschland 5/2
    NoOneTellsMe
    Buoy Gerorge 7/4

And the cherry on top is left to Borderlescott 7/2 over in Goodwood

I'll have a go as well so :

Maucaillou
    Seperate Ways
    Quintana
    Anyway Smile
    Dual Gales
    Deutschland
    Bannow Rose
    Buoy George

The only races I have a keen interest in today are the 4.25 and the 5, but might do the above in a small acca, sure why not.

Good Luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭dysfunct

I like mirandas girl in the 3.45, true she came ninth in the race on tuesday, but it looked to me like the jockey pulled her up...

dysfunct wrote: »
    I like mirandas girl in the 3.45, true she came ninth in the race on tuesday, but it looked to me like the jockey pulled her up...

Hardly ever !
    Thats unheard of in Galway !

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭dysfunct

alibabba wrote: »
    Hardly ever !
    Thats unheard of in Galway !

;)

Shocker i know :) I'm hoping he was saving her for today or somethin...

dysfunct wrote: »
    Shocker i know :) I'm hoping he was saving her for today or somethin...

The only thing putting me off this is the weight, over a stone heavier than anyway smile. Drombeag Dawn off 8-2 could be interesting at 7-2!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Willie Mullins
    30th July 2009 - Galway Thursday
    Dual Gales (Ruby) runs in the 2m 4f novice hurdle. He was a little unlucky when third at Killarney recently and will appreciate this trip and the ground. We are a bit concerned that this track may not suit him as he has only won on flat tracks. Deutschland (Ruby) goes for the Galway Hurdle. His last run over hurdles was in the Pierse at Leopardstown and he did not jump fluently that day. He has a nice weight here and the ground should be fine. Hopefully he will go very close. Buoy George (Patrick) runs in the bumper. He has been a bit frustrating and was a shade unlucky last time. The extra 2 furlongs here will be a help and hopefully the rain will stay away as he would prefer better ground.

• Advertisement

Fair play to ya Paddy Power, i always knew you were a decent sort.
    He just sent me a SMS with a BET 50, GET 50 FREE offer.

Advertisement