Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin guaranteed action

Options
  • 29-07-2009 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hi,

I am in a long term (straight) relationship but have fooled around with some guys in the past. To develop this further I am considering going to the Boilerhouse and then onto a gay bar.

Does anyone know what is the best gay bar to pick guys, i.e. the "coopers" equivalent, for example.

I just want to pick a guy up and nothing else really...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,703 ✭✭✭✭L1011

You'd be basically guaranteed action in the Boilerhouse, most people go to a bar and then there afterwards (or as a last resort, depending on what they'd planned).

There are only four gay bars (two styled as clubs, all have the same 2:30 licence though). The George would generally be the busiest. Day of the week and the age range you're in / are looking for would have an impact too though.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 whiteblueman

Thanks for that.

I expect it to be a saturday and being 31 would like someone around my own age but am not fussy (as long as they can perform!)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,703 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Saturday's grand in that case, was just if you were 18-20, Glitz on a Tuesday would probably have worked out better!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Sorry to mention the elephant in the room, but does your girlfriend know you're having gay sex behind her back?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭sitstill

I'm sure he's not the only one having gay sex (or any other type of sex) behind his girlfriend's back. Its his bad if he wants to do that. Op, on a Saturday, the George and failing that, The Boilerhouse are your best bet for what you're after!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

sitstill wrote: »
    I'm sure he's not the only one having gay sex (or any other type of sex) behind his girlfriend's back. Its his bad if he wants to do that. Op, on a Saturday, the George and failing that, The Boilerhouse are your best bet for what you're after!

But to be fair, if a girl were to come onto, say, the Ladies Lounge and say
    Hi,

I am in a long term relationship but have fooled around with some other guys in the past. To develop this further I am considering going out on the pull.

Does anyone know what is the best bar to pick up guys?

I just want to pick a guy up and nothing else really...

, the posters there (both male and female) wouldn't be long telling her where to go - and not in terms of bars!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭MicraBoy

whiteblueman please stop posting your sleazy ****e in this forum. It is not the appropriate place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

sitstill wrote: »
    Its his bad if he wants to do that.

Unfortunately the problem is a lot more bad for his girlfriend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

AARRRGH wrote: »
    Sorry to mention the elephant in the room, but does your girlfriend know you're having gay sex behind her back?
    But to be fair, if a girl were to come onto, say, the Ladies Lounge and say

, the posters there (both male and female) wouldn't be long telling her where to go - and not in terms of bars!!!
    AARRRGH wrote: »
    Unfortunately the problem is a lot more bad for his girlfriend.

This forum is not for Soapboxing, grandstanding or moralising. The op didn't ask for your opinion with regards his relationship.

That said, this isn't a place for soliciting sex either. Post reported.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I've already shut down one of the OP's threads for soliciting. I've been watching this one with my mouse pointer hovering over the Lock Thread option. I've a feeling this thread has run its course - I'll mull over it for a little longer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭oneweb

ixoy wrote: »
    I've already shut down one of the OP's threads for soliciting. I've been watching this one with my mouse pointer hovering over the Lock Thread option. I've a feeling this thread has run its course - I'll mull over it for a little longer.
    So let's say I said "My place this Friday, xx xxxxx xx, Raheny, 08x xxx xxxx" that'd be a lock, right?

:p

It is what it's.

Advertisement