Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neon Genesis Evangelion

Options
  • 29-07-2009 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭

So I'm thinking of committing my time to watching the series...let me ask, is it really as deep as I've heard? Or is it only deep to people who can't swim?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Well, I don't think it sets the bar for all anime, as some people seem to think, but its deffinatly an enjoyable series to watch, well worth the time.

The first two movies of the "Rebuild of Evangelion" series are out allready, if you want to watch it with better animation and a streamlines story, or if you're going for the origional series try get the platinum edition, remastered video and sound. Also, watch the entire 25-26(?) episodes, then "Death and Rebirrth" and "End of Evangelion", just so you get the whole picture.

Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cy_Revenant

It bored and annoyed me, I still feel it's the most overrated show ever.

For what it's worth, it does have some great fight scenes, music and design.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 BlackJewel

watch it! it's interesting... well for me it was.

i am trying to find the movies too, one just got aired :P

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

i watched it with my ex a long time ago, just bought the whole platinum collection today. About time!

And yes, its not the greatest, but its still very enjoyable :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 BlackJewel

i wont bother buying anime and mangas, u can watch everything on the net, if u know how to google :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

BlackJewel wrote: »
    i wont bother buying anime and mangas, u can watch everything on the net, if u know how to google :P

I do watch a lot online, but i like having physical possession of series' i really enjoy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

Okay, watched it. My verdict is...one thumb down. I probably would have enjoyed it ten years ago, but it really is second-rate regarding the nature of the universe and mankind, although I certainly did enjoy some of the characters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

How far did you get? All 26 episodes since your first post is quite a feat!

I'd recommend end of evangelion if you haven't seen it

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Butterscotch

Craguls wrote: »
    How far did you get? All 26 episodes since your first post is quite a feat!

Yeah I was thinking that was quick.

looks like we're dealing with someone who has no life :P

possible to watch the 26 in a few sittings ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭gearoidof

no life, or just spending it very efficiently? :P

finally, someone agrees with me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

In one sitting. I have a life (I swear), I'm just not using it right now. I regularly do 30+ hour waking cycles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

I wasn't going to make any sort of accusations. It probably explains why the characters rubbed you the wrong way though. Any and all flaws would be obvious if they're shoved in your face for 13 hours...

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cy_Revenant

I did watch all 27 episodes of Gurren Lagann in one overnight sitting. I don't think it coloured my judgement at all.

Now I hold it up as the example of all that is good and holy in animation.

There's a shrine to Kamina in my home where some people might hang the Sacred Heart.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

It bored and annoyed me, I still feel it's the most overrated show ever.

For what it's worth, it does have some great fight scenes, music and design.

Would have to agree,it bored me to tears,I did'nt see what all the hype was about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Elle Victorine

It's not the most amazing thing I've ever seen but it's a great watch. As for being extremely deep?? Not that deep.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 oMega_2093

eVeNtInE wrote: »

Would you really recommend Raxephon? I tried it but I was unable to finish... Evangelion is a bit brainfuc*er, and OP you say you enjoyed some characters, I disliked every one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

Advertisement