Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

unfair ban / worst excuse ever

Options
  • 29-07-2009 10:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭

hi,

I was recently banned from the ladies lounge, while contributing to a thread entitled "women like bad boys" or something similar. This ban was given to me by moderator Xiney, following a cowardly call of troll by another member, in what can only be described as a case of blatant nepotism - clearly taking sides in a debate and eliminating those with competing opinions through the flagrant misuse of moderator privileges. please see the message and the poor excuse below:

Hi genericguy,

You have been banned from The Ladies Lounge for the following duration:

14 Day(s)

for the following reason:

that's enough, really

Providing your ban is not permanent, it will be lifted automatically after 14 Day(s). You will get an automatic message informing you that the ban is lifted. If you do not receive this message after the alloted time, please PM a moderator to clarify.
    Also, please be aware that an abusive response to this automated message may result in an extension of your ban, or in extreme cases, being banned from the entire site.

Thanks,

Forum Moderator.

Anyway - I would like to have my ban lifted. I have no intention of venturing into the ladies lounge again, however the fact that I have this ban on my history having done nothing to deserve it is appalling.

Best wishes,

Genericguy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

You seemed to keep the thread off topic after being warned to watch what you post prior to that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

thanks for reading my complaint. however, i fail to see where i went off topic, and my gripe is that there was in fact no reason to be told to watch what i post. anything i had said was purely a case in point with regard to the subject of the thread. as i said, I have no intention of gracing that forum with my presence again, but I'm actually disgusted with the fianna fail-esque 'look after our mates' behaviour of the mod in question.

Advertisement