Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from PI thread : "I'm too pickey"

Options
  • 29-07-2009 10:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

I started a thread, which I was getting advice from a few different people, i was talking about problems meeting the right woman.

It was brought up as a joke that I might be gay, I confirmed that I was not. It was brought up again, I confirmed again that I wasn't and said that I didnt want to hear this joke again in this thread.

then a user Oh The Humanity posted
    "You say you haven't seen any girls in 2 years that live up to your 'standards' :rolleyes: then perhaps you are gay? "

to which I replyed

"I have said multiple time in this thread that I am not gay. maybe your a moron, because you can't read previous post :rolleyes:"

obviously in a satiristic mannor, hence the use of the :rolleyes:

then someone made a joke going to some club outside of town because some woman had a snake, to which I replied "I love snakes"
    and bang banned

reason: trolling

how can someone be trolling in their own thread, I was replying to comments left for me, that not trolling that the whole point of the thread.

This ban is for one month, but I was really getting some useful advice from this thread, and I wanted it to conclude naturally.

the mod in question was Thaedydal who also banned one of my friends a while ago for something completely innocent too.

anyway, thats my story, I really didnt feel like I did anything wrong, but there you go.

also I feel that if im being banned for a reponse to an insult that the person who made the insult aka Oh The Humanity should be banned too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

The roll eyes smiley isn't a get out of jail free card for calling people morons.

And misplaced humour seems like a bad idea in PI.

Perhaps when the ban expires, you'll reconsider what you post there and ensure it's more in line with the general forum standards.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Read the PI Charter when your ban is up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 jy

exactly who did I call a moron?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

maybe your a moron

Qualifying it with a maybe doesn't make it alright.

"then perhaps you are gay?"

but qualifying it with a perhaps is ok?

Seems like double standards to me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Suggesting that someone is gay isn't personal abuse.

well it was insulting to me as I had already stated that I was not.

but regardless, I was banned for trolling which is rubbish as it not trolling if its your thread.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_%28Internet%29

Advertisement