Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dual-monitor: Cable for S-Video to VGA

Options
  • 29-07-2009 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭

I've done a few searches on boards and Google for this but I don't know what I need!

I have an s-video (I think, next to my first monitor's cable) socket on my graphics card.

DSC06219.jpg

I'd like to connect my second monitor to that but my second monitor has a VGA cable.

DSC06216.jpg

What is the cheapest way for me to connect the second monitor? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

Any ideas yet? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I'd hazard a guess that it doesnt support dual display. What graphics card have you got?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Don't suppose your motherboard has onboard video? That could give you the second VGA port... just don't try to run 3D on that monitor :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭ricman

You could get a y vga to 2 vga out cable and use a female to female vga convertor on 1 end to connect to the 2nd monitor.Do you want to use the 2 monitors at the same time.OR install a 2nd vga card in the pc cost 20 euro.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

A Y-cable would just duplicate the images. And a second video card would have to be PCI or maybe PCIex1 to fit in the bottom slot of the mobo as the other slots are already filled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

svideo quality is absolute junk, just replace the gfx card with a 20euro second hand one and be done with it.

Advertisement