Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aion - boards guild.

Options
  • 29-07-2009 11:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Just a thought, with release of Aion on it’s way. Will there be anyone from boards setting up a guild for mainly board players? I’m sure that I amn't the only one thinking this. From what I have read up on Aion it is of great benefit for players to be in a guild early on to avoid being ganked in pvp & loosing your abyss points. Basically there’s safety in number’s… Another benefit is that most of ye know each other fairly well & ye seem like a decent group guys n girls…:P

Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Yeh I'd probably be up for joining too. I have Aion pre-ordered and have been taking part since closed beta 3. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

murfz wrote: »
    Another benefit is that most of ye know each other fairly well & ye seem like a decent group guys n girls…:P
    We're actually all a bunch of miserable ***** :p

I'll probably pick this up as well. From past boards guilds, we'd definitly need to recruit from outside our numbers though, as we wouldnt have even nearly enough to form a solid guild on our own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Chada

./signed =] I'll even bring some RL friends (probably by deleting their wow accounts - but still :P)!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Nothing gives a guild a kiss of death like calling it a boards guild :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 murfz

Well I amn't just looking for a boards guild, just posting this to see if there will be a few solid people from boards gonna start one & build on it from there ofc a guild would also need plenty of members from outside boards.
    kyub Yeh I'd probably be up for joining too. I have Aion pre-ordered and have been taking part since closed beta 3. smile.gif Yesterday 23:01

Let me know how the beta goes :P

• Advertisement

Damn you all, damn you to Hades or Leitrim, its the same difference.

I swore I wouldn't look at another mmorpg, but there I am again all bought up and it seems downloading the beta. It does look shiny though...

Damn you all, damn you to Hades or Leitrim, its the same difference.

I swore I wouldn't look at another mmorpg, but there I am again all bought up and it seems downloading the beta. It does look shiny though...

Ha i'm near that scary place i dare not say it's name but it's worse than Hades:eek:

Haha what made you say you wouldn't look at another mmorpg
    It sure does look shiny :D can't wait. It's a pity I couldn't play the beta...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

any idea when this is coming out

22 of sep if i'm not mistaken

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

rev you know you cant resist the urge to ruin someones day in an mmo

• Advertisement

jaggeh wrote: »
    rev you know you cant resist the urge to ruin someones day in an mmo
    I'm sure I don't know what you mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Lister1

Nothing gives a guild a kiss of death like calling it a boards guild :D

haha, very true!

Lister1 wrote: »
    haha, very true!
    As i have said before it won't be a boards guild I just seeing if we could get some core members & build on them from there. From what i gather about the game & I have being doing some research on it. There will ganking in the game, so it's better to have some numbers. As there is death penalties
    where you loose abyss points...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Id be up for it if the game is actually any good longterm.
    So many times ive been let down by MMOs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

What's the point in setting up a guild - unless ye were first to register - the best name will already be taken.

"Aion Flux" ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Asmodion

Fnz wrote: »
    What's the point in setting up a guild - unless ye were first to register - the best name will already be taken.

"Aion Flux" ;)

Oh god I want that guildname so bad.

Also, its out the 25th in Europe i believe (22nd in US). I wouldn't mind playing with a few other Irish people for once. For some reason i always end up playing with Swedes. I've a good feeling about this game, i really do. Hope it's more Lineage 2 than WoW though...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I'm in! Its out 20th if you got it prepurchased ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

I'll be in for this, just hope my dodgy internet connection is sorted for release. I assume the plan is to roll on Perento, as that's where most people from the roll-call thread seem to be rolling.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Count me in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 redfield004

This may be off topic, but if I preorder Aion from Gamestop or Game(not via online), will I be able to get the game in time for the headstart on 20th September?

• Advertisement

This may be off topic, but if I preorder Aion from Gamestop or Game(not via online), will I be able to get the game in time for the headstart on 20th September?

Im not sure about that.
    When i want to get into headstart of an mmo i always purchase digitally.

Heres a link to latest word on preorder,pre-selection,headstart etc
    http://eu.aiononline.com/uk/news/more-details-on-preselection-1.html

Dcully wrote: »
    Im not sure about that.
    When i want to get into headstart of an mmo i always purchase digitally.

Heres a link to latest word on preorder,pre-selection,headstart etc
    http://eu.aiononline.com/uk/news/more-details-on-preselection-1.html

I'm thinking cully and jaggeh would be excellent names to acquire...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

This game looks promising might go and pre-order it.

I'm thinking cully and jaggeh would be excellent names to acquire...

For what ? he asks inquisitively :)

Advertisement