Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is your Brain a Lefty or Righty?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭Aseth

Clockwise. might be easier to count with a poll

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Clockwise and I'd agree most of the right brain stuff applies to me.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 micro_dot

truly freaky. Can't remember who said that truth is just a strongly held belief, but this is amazing, witnessing my own eyes deceive me. She was clockwise, but then she switched. Now she's switching back and forth.
    Really useful to see my own limits.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I see it as clockwise (from the top looking down), and no matter how much I concentrate I can't see how anyone could perceive it as turning anti-clockwise. Odd!

Another odd thing... I'd associate the attributes they give to the left brain with myself. 90% of the left brain functions (that it lists) would suit me, and very few of the right brain functions that it lists suit me.

This is me to a tee ^

I'm trying really hard but I just can't see anti-c!!

oh!
    about 10 mins later, there she goes! ;o
    you have to concentrate on her leg I suppose
    If I look at the left leg being firm on the ground she goes clockwise, if I look at the right leg going around in the air she'll go anti-c
    strobe's little R image at the top helps as well though!

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭smog

going clockwise full stop ... however none of the "right" applies to me. Waste of time me thinks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Danelectro

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

Clockwise - and the attributes would be me. Thing is I work in accounts and would class myself as having a lot of the anti clockwise ones too.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Nutgrover

Clockwise, and can't imagine how can anyone see her spinning anticlockwise :confused:.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Nutgrover

Ok, now I can see anti-clockwise. And switch back. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭18AD

If you have the time you can make her spin in impossible ways.

She can spin in 180 degree arcs always to the back or always to the front.
    She can spin 90 degrees clockwise then 90 degrees anti-clockwise.

Dominate your brain!
    AD

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Msking

deadhead13 wrote: »
    No matter what way I look at it - always clockwise.

It says that most people see anti-clockwise, it would be interesting to know what percentage.

Clockwise here too and a lot on here say the same! I don't know how anyone can see it going the other way! :P

OMG I just did - Its all in the shadow, cover the her with your hand and it will happen - scary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

I'm a Leftist.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭WopTittyPop

At one stage I focused on her foot. She stopped doing full circles, and started doing half circles from left-right/right-left. It was at this point I proceeded to lose my sh!t.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Doge

MEH

We all use both sides of our brain......just not simultaneously.

Which side you use at one precise moment shall not dictate wether you use that side the most.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

they keep bloody switchin the damn thing. it's a con!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Looks like I'm a leftie - that picture is turning anti-clockwise. I don't see how people could think its turning the other way tbh.

Kojak wrote: »
    Looks like I'm a leftie - that picture is turning anti-clockwise. I don't see how people could think its turning the other way tbh.

by virtue of the 'imagination' (righty brain)

havent you seen willy wonka? (the original, of course)

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭lace

No matter how hard I try (I've been at it for fifteen minutes at this stage) I CANNOT see how it could possibly be going anti-clockwise! Guess my brain doesn't like to switch.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Thing is, this test is actually a load of crap. It's a visual effect, not a brain test. The brain doesn't split neatly down the middle either - the different lobes are spread all over the place. You'd be severely impaired if you only used one half of your brain.

Really, the proof that it's a visual thing is that you can trick your eyes to see it dance both ways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Doge

It's also a common misconception that we only use 10% of our brains.

Well we do......

but only at one given moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭onedmc

It keeps switching directions, but then again I cant tell left from right.

For those of you with a left/right bias, concentrate on her big toe on the outstretched foot and you'll see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaliforniaDream

ArtSmart wrote: »
    they keep bloody switchin the damn thing. it's a con!!!
    Yep lil sister agrees, we both saw it switch a few times! Cheek.

For the life of me I can't figure out how more people didn't see this. Within a minute I had realised that the image changes direction itself. Get two or three people looking at it together and you'll all see her move the same direction at the same time.
    Bet you all 'switch' at the same time too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

At first I seem to be a lefty but I seen it in both ways so what does that mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭KTBFFH

Clockwise, so a righty....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

I looked at it and saw clockwise, Then glanced down and glanced back and it was anti clockwise. And I can see it either way at will.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭spiderman1885

You'd be severely impaired if you only used one half of your brain.

Really enjoyed this line!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Really enjoyed this line!

I do my best

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭zef

Clockwise- so a righty. My son, also a righty. Can't imagine how it could go the other way at all!
    This got me thinking, so I had a look and found some online tests to check if I was right or left brained. My fav one is for teen students - but try it, it's freakily accurate - for me anyhow. Still very much righty.
    http://homeworktips.about.com/library/brainquiz/bl_leftrightbrain_quiz.htm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I'm a righty, and I have no idea why its necessary to be able to see her nipple, but I'm not against it

Advertisement