Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

silencer problems

Options
  • 29-07-2009 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

i just recieved a silencer today for my m4 and attached it, as soon as i test fired it the bbs were being deflected.

It's foam filled and the foam is still in shape and i tried to adjust the hop-up but it still happens.

Can anyone help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

This might sound stupid, but are you sure its screwed on straight?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭kevinw07

yeah i double checked that aswell , made sure it was screwed on straight , i think i may need to upgrade the barrel to a precision barrel and a new hop-up rubber , any suggestions ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

I've heard of this sort of thing happening to people, but I don't know how they fixed it. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

Before you upgrade to a precision barrel or new hopup to fix this, try the following fix a customer told me about awhile back...

See if you can get your hands on an AEG spring, cut it to the correct length, and insert it into the silencer. With most silencers, the spring is a slightly larger diameter than the aperture in the foam, so it increases the diameter of the silencer's bore, possibly by enough to solve your problem.

You might have to take apart the silencer, take out the foam and thread them individually onto the spring, but its worth a shot. If it doesn't work, you'll still see the benefit - occasionally if the hop is turned on or off fully, the BB can be deflected enough to tear the foam interior to pieces. That wont happen if the spring is reinforcing the foam interior.

Advertisement