Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mount Brown (James St.) to Griffith College bus route??

Options
  • 30-07-2009 12:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I've looked on the dublinbus.ie site but its not very useful in trying to find the quickest/easiest routes..

I know the 19 and 122 pass the front gate of Griffith. I'm just looking for the nearest stop to where I am living or else the stop for another bus that will drop me off close enough to griffith..

here is where my house is..

I've had enough now.. Dublin bus site is crap for route planning IMHO! and google maps doesn't list all stops, only the odd few which isn't really much useful..!!

Anybody familiar with this route/area??

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

I'll be honest walk it, I've walked many a time from Heuston Station you to Donore Ave (around the corner from Griffith College) and it's no more than 20 mins or so. Want directions ask and I'lll tell you my route.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭techguy

I'll be honest walk it, I've walked many a time from Heuston Station you to Donore Ave (around the corner from Griffith College) and it's no more than 20 mins or so. Want directions ask and I'lll tell you my route.

I plan on cycling most days.. I'm just trying to plan out my bus route for days that it's pi**ing rain. What do yo udo then?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

For days when it's pis*ing buy one of these http://www.sillyteeth.com/images/hats/umbrella-hat-big.jpg :D

I have two routes I use, one for the day when I don't mind walked past the halting site and one for the night when it's a dodgy area. Quickest route would be up Echlin St, onto Grand Canal Place straight down and left down onto Marrowbone Lane, walk across Cork St onto Donore Ave and then it's 2 mins from there.

For Bus Route the only way I can think of is down to Thomas St on the 123, get off there and go down onto Francis St and get the 121 and get off at Donore Ave or you could get the 123 into Dame St and get one of the buses there to Griffth College. The first is probably the best and quickest option.

Cool, thanks.. I'lll have a look on Google maps so..

I must get a hat like that.. it would be ideal! £5.86 ain't bad!!

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭havana

The 19 goes from bulfin road not far from mount brown. Just round the corner from where st. Pats is there in inchicore. Not sure of the exact route but I'd say it stops even closer to you, maybe around the corner up past the Post office?

Found this - hope it helps

http://mkmap.com/dublin

• Advertisement

havana wrote: »
    Found this - hope it helps
    http://mkmap.com/dublin

OMG That is exactly what I needed.. Yep, the 19 is just around the corner..about 2 mins walk I'd say..

How did you find that? What did you "Google"??

Thanks again..

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭havana

No problem. Just googled 'dublin bus route 19 map' if i remember right. One of the first couple of results was a site with a link to that one.

Advertisement