Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returns to Ikea

Options
  • 30-07-2009 12:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭

I bought something in ikeaglea belfast in feb and still have the receipt. Do you think i could return it in Dublin! Its unopened also.

Gar

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

probably no.

if there is nothing wrong with it you have passed any period of goodwill return. Does it say on the receipt anything about no returns after a certain period?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,826 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

if its unopened then on what grounds are you returning it?

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭mags16

Ikea's returns policy is very good. You can return an unopened product within 3 months of purchase. No questions asked. I have even heard of them taking back stuff with no receipt. I think you get a percentage of the total price back if the product has been opened.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭mamablue

I've returned things without a receipt in another ikea, was no problem but they only let you exchange, they don't give the money back. I wouldnt tell them that you got the item in Befast though.
    I love ikea, was about time they opened in Ireland!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

After 6 months, I'd doubt it, but there's only one way to be sure. Ring Ikea, and ask.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭mamablue

They will not know how long ago you bought the item, as long as it's unopened. Even if you bought it 3 years ago as it's still sold in the shop, you should be able to return it. Just don't tell them where and when you bought it.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,826 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

mamablue wrote: »
    They will not know how long ago you bought the item, as long as it's unopened. Even if you bought it 3 years ago as it's still sold in the shop, you should be able to return it. Just don't tell them where and when you bought it.
    Unless they haven't stocked that item in almost 3 years!

Advertisement