Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where will Schumacher finish?

Options
  • 30-07-2009 1:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭

Just want to see the overall expectation of schumachers performance in Valencia. Place your bets!! :)

Where will Schumacher finish? 46 votes

1st
    0% 0 votes
    2nd
    23% 11 votes
    3rd
    8% 4 votes
    4th
    10% 5 votes
    5th
    13% 6 votes
    6th
    17% 8 votes
    7th ->12th
    10% 5 votes
    13th ->20th
    15% 7 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

A solid 5th, assuming he doesn't stop halfway to beat up the crap car :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,236 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

I'll say 3rd just to be optimistic...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

Valencia - 7th-12th IRL, as he's never raced here before.
    Monza - 3rd (home from home for the Great Smarmy One!)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

mrmac wrote: »
    Valencia - 7th-12th IRL, as he's never raced here before.

In '99 he broke his leg and when he came back he DESTROYED the competition at the first Malaysian grand prix, he didnt know that track either! I remember he was something like a second faster then the next driver in qualifying! The mans a legend, these teams spending millions of euro's for tenths of a second a lap, and here comes a driver that can pull out a second by himself! I wouldn't be predicting him to be 7-12th ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭CardinalJ

Not a schumacher fan at all after he tried to run Jacques Villeneuve off the track all those years ago. :mad:

Having said this, the guy is one of the greats and I'm delighted to see him back. Theres so many average drivers on the grid these days and hopefully he'll wipe the floor with them. The other drivers will hopefully be terrified at the prospect of coming up against him and it should make for some great racing. Barring car problems he should certainly be in the points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Where is the DNF option ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

ando wrote: »
    In '99 he broke his leg and when he came back he DESTROYED the competition at the first Malaysian grand prix, he didnt know that track either! ....

You talking about a time when he was at the top of his game, and had a car to match.
    .... The mans a legend ....

He sure is, can't deny it. But 7th - 12th would be a good finish for him, in this race. However, I would, and do, expect a better result from Monza.
    jhegarty wrote: »

PMSL! That's a reality check for some folks! Probably get better odds on that result than a top 5 finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,550 ✭✭✭✭vectra

I went for 4th
    The Brawns and Red Bulls may be faster cars but this guy was always a few tenths faster than anyone else.
    supposing at worst he loses those few tenths through no practice.. That makes him as fast or still faster than anyone out there.
    Except Kimi of course :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 gazmc

Its not like when he retired he stopped driving... He has been testing for Ferrari so will be well used to the car. Still its a tough task

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

A definite 1st or 2nd.

I'm just looking forward to seeing him back and making that little twerp Hamilton look the ordinary hack he is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭BoardsRanger

ando wrote: »
    In '99 he broke his leg and when he came back he DESTROYED the competition at the first Malaysian grand prix, he didnt know that track either!

Yeah but the difference is, no one else knew the track either.
    As much as i would love to see him get on the podium for the first race, i doubt it will happen! Remember, this is a donkey of a car which ferrari stated they were going to stop development and concentrate on next years car. That aside, hopefully he can get on the podium in monza!

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Joneser

jhegarty wrote: »

I didnt think i needed to include that option as i assumed people would know it was part of the 13th -> 20th option

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭De Hipster

To finish 1st, first he'll have to finish...

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭BoardsRanger

Interesting quote about a go-kart race a few weeks ago on http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/andrewbenson/2009/07/when_lewis_hamilton_made_his.html
    BMW driver Robert Kubica was talking about a karting event that he and Toyota's Timo Glock had organised the previous weekend.
    "We knew that maybe Michael (Schumacher) was coming," said Kubica, one of the most highly rated drivers in F1, "so we asked some drivers and they joined us. We had good fun, a good day's driving. Also a bit of competition because once you have drivers - even if it is not an F1 track, but karting - there is always competition. There is always someone who wants to be the fastest but overall I think it was good fun."
    So who was fastest, Robert, someone asked.
    "Michael was the fastest," he said.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Joneser wrote: »
    I didnt think i needed to include that option as i assumed people would know it was part of the 13th -> 20th option

Finishing 20th isn't a DNF though.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭thegoth

gazmc wrote: »
    Its not like when he retired he stopped driving... He has been testing for Ferrari so will be well used to the car. Still its a tough task

He hasn't driven an F1 car of any type in 15 months and has 100% never ever driven the current Ferrari. I doubt he has even sat in it

I dont know where he will finish, but all driver can do is aim for beating his teammate !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

7th-12th is realistic. Kimi had his best race in a long time on Sunday, he was driving the wheels off the car, and after they changed to the harder compound tyre the car was crap. Basically Kimi pushed that Ferrari as hard as it could go and he was lucky to get 2nd. Things had to go in his favour to get that far, it really is a dog of a car.
    Schumacher is in his 40's, hasn't sat in an F1 car since April last year, and the cars have changed drastically since then. The rest of the drivers have had the winter testing the new setup, plus the races so far. Testing is banned, so the first time he'll drive this current Ferrari is in Friday practice in Valencia. Therefore if he's half a second within Kimi's time for this qualifying he'll be doing exceptionally well. The next race should be better. The best thing is though that his return should kick Kimi's ass into actually performing close to his talent level rather than going for a Sunday drive.
    The Brawns need to get back on pace, and have a few weeks to do it. The 2 Ferraris should be driven to within an ounce of their capabilities. The McLaren is now the quickest car. The Red Bulls are good cars with excellent drivers, both competing to take the title from Button. The Williams is actually looking quite good! Roll on the second half of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,236 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

wonder do ferrari have any simulator type setup for him to get familar with the controls, car or track or will he get a steering wheel to take home and study :D

would the testing ban prevent them fitting testing an f1 steering wheel fitted to a standard ferrari? not really a serious question but the way f1 teams go over the top with things it wouldn't surprise me if things like that happen

I'm sure after the first practice session he'll be up to speed with the car and the track but do wonder do they have any way to substitute for the banned testing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

A car he's never driven, total aerodynamic change since he last drove, crap breaking thanks to kers, adjustable front wing, under performing car, a new circuit, possibly injury from bike crash, I think he will finish in the points. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭dragonsgates

I will be rooting for him at SPA.

I think he will have a genuine chance. It is the circuit where a driver can make a real difference.

What happens if he wins a race or 2. Will he want to continue?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Irishshin

I think for Valencia in the points. Maybe in Spa Monza higher. But the car isn't great.

Advertisement