Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extending wireless for ip camera

Options
  • 30-07-2009 2:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

I'm hoping to install an ip camera in an outdoor shed about 200metres away from my house.

The camera has to be within the wireless range. I was wondering could anyone tell me the easiest/cheapest way to extended my existing wireless range to reach the shed?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 fdaved

Would a repeater bridge halfway extend the wireless range to this kind of distance.

Any help appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭Some_Person

Buffalo WHR-HP-G54 w/DD-WRT , you can use that as a repeater with DD-WRT firmware or you could get a directional antenna for it and face it at the direction of the camera and set it as an AP for the camera to connect to, which should provide a strong enough signal.You'll need to ask broadbandbuyer about possible couplers needed to connect the directional antenna to the router.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭zod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭Some_Person

I don't think powerlines would work, it's an outdoor shed so even if it does have power it's probably on different wiring than the house. Homeplugs need to be on the same ring hub to work(or something like that).

Advertisement