Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend cheap beach break?

Options
  • 30-07-2009 2:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend a destination in Europe that has a good beach, cheap beer and good hostels? Just looking for somewhere hot with decent nightlife to hang out for a week or 10 days. Preferably not a package destination such as Magaluf or Benalmadena or the like. I've never been to Barcelona..it has a beach and being Spain beer should be pretty cheap. Is it a good place to hang out for a week? I've heard mixed reports, that it can be dangerous and seedy. That's the kind of place I'm thinking of, somewhere hot with reasonable flights and cheap beer...not a lot to ask :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭finbarrk

You will get heat and cheap beer in Bulgaria anyway. Don't know about cheap flights though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,493 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

lake Balaton in Hungry ...i know it sounds a bit strange but the lake is huge and has beaches and good hotels...its very cheap ..not exactly a night life hot spot though...it'd be different and you would meet interesting people...fly to Budapest and get a train there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭aka_Ciaran

mariaalice wrote: »
    lake Balaton in Hungry ...i know it sounds a bit strange but the lake is huge and has beaches and good hotels...its very cheap ..not exactly a night life hot spot though...it'd be different and you would meet interesting people...fly to Budapest and get a train there...

Interesting...would never have thought of Hungary as a sun / beach destination.

finbarrk wrote: »
    You will get heat and cheap beer in Bulgaria anyway. Don't know about cheap flights though.

Thanks for the suggestion. Bulgaria gets a lot of negative press though..mafia run, corruption, concrete towers etc. Know a person that went there a couple of years back, didn't have much good to say about the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭The Davestator

The perfect place for you - santa susanna (not sure of spelling) Its about an hour on thr train from barcelona. Ryanair fly there too. Nice beaches, pubs clubs etc and you can do day trips to barcelona.
    Not sure about hostels but hotels were nice

• Advertisement

The perfect place for you - santa susanna (not sure of spelling) Its about an hour on thr train from barcelona. Ryanair fly there too. Nice beaches, pubs clubs etc and you can do day trips to barcelona.
    Not sure about hostels but hotels were nice

Is it Reus or Girona? Ryanair fly into both these "Barcelona" airports

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭FunkyDa

http://www.hostelworld.com/findabed.php/ChosenCity.Sitges/ChosenCountry.Spain

I've heard good reports about Sitges, down the coast from Barcelona.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭finbarrk

aka_Ciaran wrote: »
    Thanks for the suggestion. Bulgaria gets a lot of negative press though..mafia run, corruption, concrete towers etc. Know a person that went there a couple of years back, didn't have much good to say about the place.

I have been there a few times and I wouldn't be negative about it. Maybe I was just lucky!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭The Davestator

aka_Ciaran wrote: »
    Is it Reus or Girona? Ryanair fly into both these "Barcelona" airports

Pretty sure it was Girona and it took about 45 mins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

The main beach in Barcelona is not the nicest due to the "dirty" people who go there. That is what we were told by the agents whom we booked our apartment off. Catalan cuisine is exquisite though and there is a beach worth going to which is a short enough bus journey up the coast

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭biblio

Not sure about hostels but hotels were nice The Davestator

Can you recomend a hotel there?

Advertisement