Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Red Bull Salzburg v Dinamo Zagreb Madness

• 30-07-2009 2:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭

Anyone else hear about the scenes at the end of the salzburg v zagreb match, zagreb player fakes injury, fans get annoyed and start throwing objects at him, ref sends him off and doesnt notice that he is bleeding from being struck by one of the missiles ricocheting off the zagreb player.

Here it is on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nER8Vq-Pko8

If you dont wana watch the highlights the scenes im talking about start at 3:17

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Video not working?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

Sorry, fixed now ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,148 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

That's pretty weird that the offcial didn't feel it also, I'm surprised how much a plastic cup can do :eek:

Disgraceful nevertheless.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,828 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Here's hoping Salzburg get kicked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

They deserve to, one or two missiles is bad enough but what they did was out of hand

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Awful lot of stuff thrown onto the pitch, scumbags.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

I'd pay one of them Red Bull franchisees to go to Zagreb for the return leg, the Bad Blue Boys would make toys outta them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

Salzburg are an unpleasant, unsporting bunch. Their manager walked off, or attempted to walk off, at Dalymount without shaking Pat Fenlon's hand; something which I haven't seen before, and they were full of contempt and arrogance throughout. (But, hey, they have a good business model ;)).

I hope Zagreb tear them apart (on the field) at home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

creggy wrote: »
    That's pretty weird that the offcial didn't feel it also, I'm surprised how much a plastic cup can do :eek:

Disgraceful nevertheless.

My sig >>>>>>> your sig ;)

Totally agree with your comment though.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭eoin99

I'm sure Uefa will come down hard on Salzburg especially with the assistant referee getting injured from objects thrown from the crowd. Chances are they will be thrown out and a few future games played behind closed doors. Whatever happens it was shocking behaviour from the fans.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

In fairness, the Zagreb player deserved a second yellow and God knows I'd have been tempted to bottle the **** if it happened at I match I was at.

As for a shels fan talking about the behavour of other teams fans.

When you lot going to replace the seats you ripped out in lissywollen on saturday or pay for the stitches my mate had to get after getting a bottle in the forehead on good friday two years ago?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭ccosgrave

Wasn't it the assistant rather than the ref who was bleeding from the ricocheting missile? Terrible stuff to see at a football match though, you'd think this sort of thing would have been stamped out of the game by now.

Pretty harsh sending off, by the way: sure, he faked injury, but he was basically wrestled to the ground by the other player before that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

ccosgrave wrote: »
    Wasn't it the assistant rather than the ref who was bleeding from the ricocheting missile? Terrible stuff to see at a football match though, you'd think this sort of thing would have been stamped out of the game by now.

Pretty harsh sending off, by the way: sure, he faked injury, but he was basically wrestled to the ground by the other player before that.

Faking injury to get someone else sent off is a bookable offence, he was already on a yellow, nothing harsh about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

SectionF wrote: »
    they were full of contempt and arrogance throughout. (But, hey, they have a good business model ;)).

But enough about Bohs :)

I can see Salzberg being thrown out over this. Imagine the furor that would kick up if that happened at somewhere like Liverpool or United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Salzburg could defenitely be thrown out over this incident. I wouldnt be too upset if they were
    BolBill wrote: »
    My sig >>>>>>> your sig ;)
    lol, can even get that in on a thread about Red Bull vs Zagreb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

Remember a few things were thrown on the pitch at Dalymount, a Red Bull player picked it up and ran over to the ref complaining, even though it went nowhere near him. The ref ignored him, rightly so

Seaneh wrote: »

When you lot going to replace the seats you ripped out in lissywollen on saturday or pay for the stitches my mate had to get after getting a bottle in the forehead on good friday two years ago?
    Ah, so shels fans can never say anything about any other fans? Gimme a break:rolleyes:
    I'm sure a couple of fans from every team in the world caused a but of hassle at some point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

can someone give me a marker on the vid where there is actually blood, i cant see any!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,732 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

mink_man wrote: »
    can someone give me a marker on the vid where there is actually blood, i cant see any!

Twas the linesman, watch from about 5:45 on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Salzburg fans are a bitter bitter bunch about the Red Bull takeover, and it wouldn't surprise me if they're all delighted with this. Anything that fcuks over Red Bull works for them. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

Salzburg fans are a bitter bitter bunch about the Red Bull takeover, and it wouldn't surprise me if they're all delighted with this. Anything that fcuks over Red Bull works for them. :P
    Wou could blame them? Their club is now an advertisment for a drink that tastes like piss

• Advertisement

Quint wrote: »
    Wou could blame them? Their club is now an advertisment for a drink that tastes like piss

*cough* Carlsberg*cough* 'pool *cough* etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Seaneh wrote: »

You referring to me? If so I was encouraging the Bad Blue Boys (Zagreb) to kick the balls outta the Red Bull"ies".:D

Ripped seats out as far as I'm concerned and many others who were at the match, it's crap, I was down in the singing section and didn't see one seat ripped out, as many people on our forum are saying, you's are trying to pull a Killkenny on us (blamed that we broke seats when we were down there a few years back). Will Athlone be paying the fine they should get for the pitch invasion of a few lads after your 2nd goal!?

Sorry to hear about your mate, and not sure how he ended up getting bottled but sure a Shels fan got a belt of a hurl down in Limerick a few weeks back not one word mentioned over it after about 50 of the locals decided to wait at the bus station for the 20 or so Shels fans heading to the coach. Needless to say them Limerick lads are Irelands next top 50 Olympic sprinters.:p

But sh*t happens I suppose, and there's always a few muppets that are out to cause trouble and others end up being hurt and when you've a few hundred people there's bout to be one.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,828 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Probably SV fans that did it. Heroes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

I see Salzburg won in Zagreb to go through 3-2 on aggregate. Bohs actually had a half a chance this year of getting into one of the group stages.

Advertisement