Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building a new Monster PC

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

HEY! Where's the water?! Hell, where's the phase-change?! And why isn't there a monitor built into the case front powered by its own mITX PC inside the case!? :P

Been a while since I've seen a TurboCool brandished in anger! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

Allright people, after going through all your suggestions and after talking to some people. I have decided to go for a lower budget. From what i've heard investing in a high end system is a waste of money as prices go down every 6 months. Hence it would be stupid to invest in a 3000 euro system to find out that in 6 months the price goes down by a grant !!
    So i have decided to set up a new budget of about 1500-1750 euros instead of 3000 euros.

I am still thinking of having a i7 920 processer. I am not sure about the graphics card and the other components..

Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

cork45 wrote: »
    Here's my two cents
    2d2byh1.jpg

I like the specs on this one. What do yall think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Solitaire wrote: »
    HEY! Where's the water?! Hell, where's the phase-change?! And why isn't there a monitor built into the case front powered by its own mITX PC inside the case!? :P

Been a while since I've seen a TurboCool brandished in anger! :D

Oh.... Its sooooooo on now !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

Anti wrote: »
    Some ****ing horrible builds here. The amd build made me rofl hard. The buiild above with the WD green 2tb hdd made me rofl like **** too. And whats overkill about the "YO DAWG" build? Ill give you a overkill build here, and a proper build.

Yo dawg, we heard you like extreme, so we put an extreme in yo extreme so you can extreme while you extreme.

2xbsdci2wvbadizxdzxs.jpg
    34rpbeinnfa3f3ji3f2w.jpg

Ah bollocks i forgot the second kit of ram, the second powersupply too. So add another 600 ish on it. Ill do the proper build later on when i have some time.

WOW, €3,000 == £16,000!!!! That's some exchange rate! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

jmx009 wrote: »

Nice build..I'd up the SSD to a 250Gb and maybe drop the blu-ray dvd..but overall it's a good system.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

jmx009 wrote: »

I'd go with an ocz vertex or an intel ssd.

@Anti - You forgot the nuclear reactor needed to power the thing. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Don't bother with the i7 if you don't have a specific reason or need for one, no games out there avail significantly of the hyperthreading, even those advertised as optimised for multicore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

raid0 intel ssd tbh.

a few tb of storage in the background.

blu-ray if thats yer thing but maybe hold off for CBHD to boom in the next while :)

Advertisement