Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lots of sirens in Harold's Cross last night

Options
  • 30-07-2009 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭

Did anyone else hear a load of sirens of police/ambulance/fire brigades(?) last night going through Harold's Cross. It was at around 11 and lasted for about 10-15 minutes. I know sirens can always be heard going down main roads but this went on for ages. I live close enough to the main road to hear it but not close enough to see the road from my house so I have no idea what was going on. Just curious as to what it was!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭bnev

Well I was driving down the Belgard road around that time and there was what looked like the end of a chase with a car blocked in and the driver being tackled. But there was, no exageration, about 15-20 police cars. So there must have been something serious done.

This might have been related to the sirens you were hearing if the chase started around Harold's Cross.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Woah, that's mental!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭snowy2008

theres always cops just waiting up greenmount avenue, used to be john gilligans center of operations in the 80's, might be something big about to start but who knows

Advertisement