Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Admiralty Lodge / Moy House

• 30-07-2009 10:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭

Have often driven pass The Admiralty Lodge, Spanish Point, and thought it looked like a nice place to go for dinner.

Was hoping to bring a party of 8 there for Hubbie's birthday next month but have not had any success phoning or emailing them. Under the current climate i'm starting to worry if they're still in business.

Has anyone had good/bad experiances with this restaurant?

Also, I believe Moy House (Lahinch) is very nice but only cater for residents. Again, any info on this place much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 67 ✭✭croker95

Moy House is absolutely amazing ! I think they take bookings for dinner but only if they have capacity as they have a relatively small room.

No fear of it going out of business either ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭woggie

Thanks Croker, have to say Moy House does look fab, hopefully won't break the bank :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 149 ✭✭Niall_G

I have eaten in both and both are excellent. I would have put Admiralty Lodge slightly ahead. We stayed there last year and it was lovely (although it had just opened for the season that day and the bedroom was freezing - everything else about it was good).

I seem to remember hearing about it being for sale recently though, so the non-communication may not be a good sign.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭asmobhosca

you cant go wrong with Moy House, its amazing...

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Jim Martin

The Admiralty Lodge is closed, there is a "For Sale" board up advertising appartments

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭woggie

Jim Martin wrote: »
    The Admiralty Lodge is closed, there is a "For Sale" board up advertising appartments

that would explain why they never answer the phone or reply to emails then :cool: Thanks Jim!

Have booked Moy House and am very excited about it as it looks fab on the web!

Advertisement