Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Under two's and thingd to do in cork city and county

Options
  • 30-07-2009 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Hopefully this is the right fourm

Staying in Fota next week with two children under two, there will be my 2 ½ month old and my friends two year old.

We are looking for some place in cork city and with in the surrounding county that might be suitable to go with them, especially if it’s raining. Some recommendations for beaches within the area would also be appreciated.

Also where’s the best places in the city a breastfeeding mother can be accommodated?

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

oblivious wrote: »
    Hi all

Hopefully this is the right fourm

Staying in Fota next week with two children under two, there will be my 2 ½ month old and my friends two year old.

We are looking for some place in cork city and with in the surrounding county that might be suitable to go with them, especially if it’s raining. Some recommendations for beaches within the area would also be appreciated.

Also where’s the best places in the city a breastfeeding mother can be accommodated?

Thank you

Not sure how well it caters for 2 year olds, but Trabolgan is relatively near by.. kids swimming pools, Barney and Friends, crazy golf, arts and crafts, etc.

There is a nice (small) beach 5 minutes from Trabolgan too, called White Bay.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

Aren't they a bit young to be entertained? Bring their toys and they'll be happy out wherever, no? Fota itself is good for kids.

Garryvoe is a nice beach. It's outside Castlemartyr and Shanagarry.

I'm sure any restaurant is fine with feeding mothers,

Hope the weather is nice it's been poor enough for ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

If it is raining, than there is always Jungle World in Midleton. It is just your standard play zone but the area for under-3s is quite decent. also close enough to Fota.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

There is breastfeeding facilities in mothercare!what I had to do is use the public toilets :( there is a tourist information office on the grand parade opposite the library in the city,they are really good! It's quite difficult to find places for the smallies

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

The suggestion so far look good:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

There is breastfeeding facilities in mothercare!what I had to do is use the public toilets :( there is a tourist information office on the grand parade opposite the library in the city,they are really good! It's quite difficult to find places for the smallies

Oh, avoid the public toilets, they mostly smell bad! There are loads of coffee shops around town for breastfeeding. There's a kids' room in the library on the Grand Parade with little tables and books and toys that might be handy if it's raining.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Sirtoyou

As the proud owner of three smallies i'd recommend Leahy's Farmhttp://www.leahysopenfarm.ie/,Fota Wildlife,The Lough,Perks in Youghal(Great carousel)http://www.perksfunfair.com/.
    I'd also recommend The Marlogue Inn http://www.munsterpubs.com/2005/07/marlogue-inn/ it is family friendly with bouncy castles at the weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Ddad

The swiimming pool in youghal has a nice toddlers pool, far more than the usual wee thing, you can go to perks as well and there's a decent selection of places to dine. Well worth a wet day. It's 30-40 minutes in the car from Cork CC.

Trabolgan is also a lifesaver. Best of luck. PM me if you want any directions to anywhere. I've three 6,3 and 2.5 so I've been that soldier.;)

Thanks all some great suggestions

urgh I wouldn't suggest taking any small kids to trabolgan IMO. When I took my small one, mostly all the rides were for 6+ yrs!! the only thing we could do is go into the play area for small kids and that's it! unless you want to go swimming of course. sorry to burst anyones bubble! :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭Munster Gal

Monkey Maze in Glanmire is another indoor play centre which is quite good. I agree with Miss Shadow that Trabolgan wouldn't be suitable for 2 year olds.
    As regards accommodating a breastfeeding mother, are you looking for a private mother & baby room? I have 4 children and I just fed them wherever I could find comfotable seating!I never had any problems feeding in coffee shops or restaurants. If I was close enough to where I'd parked the car I'd pop into the car to do the feeds. With a 2 ½ month old as you know it's probably the easiest time as regards feeding, when mine got a bit older they got too nosy!!:)

It would be a good idea to get a breastfeed design tshirt or top,i wish they had them when i was breastfeeding.it was almost traumatic finding somewhere!

Thank you very much miss_shadow and Munster Gal for the recommendation

Advertisement