Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Travel Agents To Book F1 Package With

• 30-07-2009 10:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 964 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Want to go see a GP before the end of the year now that MS is back.

Any suggestions on good travel agents to use ?

Regards
    Michael

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 706 ✭✭✭BoardsRanger

I was first thinking about valencia but flights seem very expensive and tickets are not on sale on f1.com. However, i do think Monza might be better to go to. I can get tickets on f1.com and will organise flights through ryanair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Ficus wrote: »
    the travel department are the only place i know of who do them in ireland.
    www.thetraveldepartment.ie
    It usually works out cheaper to just book everything individually though.

€1039 if you go on your own.:eek:
    €939 pp if two go.:eek:
    I know it's 3 nights accomodation & Sat tickets as well but any wonder the stands are nearly empty.

Any links for ticket purchase on it's own?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭lord lucan

I just booked tickets for Monza,doing it all myself. Works out about €720 each,thats Ryanair flights in and out of Bergamo,3 nights in Bergamo and a 3 day ticket for one of the grandstands on the pit straight.

lord lucan wrote: »
    I just booked tickets for Monza,doing it all myself. Works out about €720 each,thats Ryanair flights in and out of Bergamo,3 nights in Bergamo and a 3 day ticket for one of the grandstands on the pit straight.
    Gonna do the same myself - did you get your tickets on f1.com? Edit: Also, is there any reason for choosing Bergamo instead of Milan to stay?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 964 ✭✭✭thegoth

Just booked Monza through an agent. Only reason I am going is Schmuacher's return. Hope his training goes well !!

Three night package over Friday morning back Monday lunchtime, with three nights in andreola hotel and seated reserved tickets in Parabolica stand ( last corner before the main straight.)
    Cost inclusive of all taxes etc 769 per person

• Advertisement

Gonna do the same myself - did you get your tickets on f1.com? Edit: Also, is there any reason for choosing Bergamo instead of Milan to stay?

I got them from http://www.monzanet.it/eng/Default.aspx. €390 for the 3 day ticket,grandstand on the main straight.

I picked Bergamo after googling around last night,looks like a lovely little town at the foot of the alps and after checking the italian trains website i seen there's a train every hour from bergamo to monza. Looks like you have to hop a bus in monza then to get you to the circuit.

lord lucan wrote: »
    I got them from http://www.monzanet.it/eng/Default.aspx. €390 for the 3 day ticket,grandstand on the main straight.

I picked Bergamo after googling around last night,looks like a lovely little town at the foot of the alps and after checking the italian trains website i seen there's a train every hour from bergamo to monza. Looks like you have to hop a bus in monza then to get you to the circuit.
    Thats great- cheers for the info! Also did some research and it seems Bergamo does look like a great place to stay. Cant wait for september now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭enzo7

Ive stayed in bergamo a few times in the past and its a lovely town, i also think its a better base than milan for monza simply because the hotels dont push their prices up and 2nd the train isnt jam packed only takes about 45min if i rem correctly plus you get a seat and it only cost 2/3 euro.

You should stay in the lower part close to the train station as its quite spread out and takis are expensive enough, we always stay in the hotel just across from the train station.

When you arrive at the station there is free shuttle buses that take u over to the circuit for free, but be warned they are jam packed but on the plus side it only takes 10/15 mins , there is then a good 20/30 min walk into the circuit but the atmosphere is fantastic esp if ur their to see ferrari. god i cant wait roll on september:D

If u want to be super organised u can buy ur train tickets on-line on the treinitalia website closer to the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭dragonsgates

Anyone wanna do a group trip to SPA.

I will be bringing my Dad, 2 friends and an uncle.

Anyone recommend the best locations (Da is 66)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

Just booked tickets for Monza on F1.com, feel like a kid again Im so excited:D

Booked the Parabolica but on the print-off vouchers there's no seat number. Is it first come first served or what way does it work?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭tommiejoie

Already went to Silverstone this year, but very tempted to go to another now that MS is back.

I did ruin the rear of my car yesterday though so really should save my money. F1 trips ain't cheap by any means!

Just booked tickets for Monza on F1.com, feel like a kid again Im so excited:D

Booked the Parabolica but on the print-off vouchers there's no seat number. Is it first come first served or what way does it work?

As far as i know they are no. seats there the ones i was looking at too, so they better be haha!! you get the real ticket 2-3 wks be the race so they should hav the no. on them.

tommiejoie wrote: »
    Already went to Silverstone this year, but very tempted to go to another now that MS is back.

I did ruin the rear of my car yesterday though so really should save my money. F1 trips ain't cheap by any means!

I know what you mean were going on hols nxt mth and then oz for a mth in oct and i was already away in june. Had no plans to go to a race this year and certinaly cant afford it now but schuey is back what can i do ive thought of nothing else since weds. ive decided cant not go so my plan is fly into bergamo sun morn arrive just after 10, there is a train leaving at 10.50 arrive at monza 11.35 hopefully be at my seat by 12.30. get the train back to milan by 6pm and get the bus out to malpensa aiport for a 9pm flight back to dub. Its going to be a none-stop day but worth it to see schuey one more time. Ive been to monza a few times b4 so i know my way around. Would luv to go out there for the whole wkend but cant really afford it.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭tommiejoie

enzo7 wrote: »
    I know what you mean were going on hols nxt mth and then oz for a mth in oct and i was already away in june. Had no plans to go to a race this year and certinaly cant afford it now but schuey is back what can i do ive thought of nothing else since weds. ive decided cant not go so my plan is fly into bergamo sun morn arrive just after 10, there is a train leaving at 10.50 arrive at monza 11.35 hopefully be at my seat by 12.30. get the train back to milan by 6pm and get the bus out to malpensa aiport for a 9pm flight back to dub. Its going to be a none-stop day but worth it to see schuey one more time. Ive been to monza a few times b4 so i know my way around. Would luv to go out there for the whole wkend but cant really afford it.

I'm actually thinking of the same thing. Have you looked up flights to Milan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

Guys, looking at Portugal GP on the travel dept. website. coming to about 670 pp for the whole package but it deosnt mention the seating or where it would be on the track.
    has anyone booked with this crowd before?

ya, there is a ryanair flight leaving dub at 7am arrives at 10.30am (i reckon 10.15am ryanair always add 15min to their flight duration so they look gud when they land early:)) Thats 45euro. there is a bus between bergamo airport and train station takes about 15min 2 euroish. The train leaves at 10.50 arrives in monza at 11.35 (3euro)get free shuttle to circuit and the walk in should be there by 12.30 an hour and a half b4 the race. then after race going to get free shuttle back to train station then get free train into milan central takes about 15mins . Then get one of the airport buses out to milan/malpensa airport takes about 50min and cost about 5euro apparently. I was reading there is a few companys who run the buses to there is always 1 leaving, i reckon if im on an airport bus by 6.30 ill hav plenty of time. there is an aer lingus flight leaving at 9pm arrives in dub at 10.35pm. Just priced it there again and its 108euro (it had bn 58euro thur!!) . race ticket 140euro so that come in around 300ish + maybe 50ish for food/drinks (non-alco). Its going to be pretty none-stop day but it my only option really. I reckon id spend about a grand if i went for the whole wkend just going on what the other lads hav posted.
    thats my plan of action anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭adamstown1

Just booked tickets for my (our) first F1 race..Monza..cant wait..
    Booked on-line with F1GPT.COM..Hope there will be no problems.Has any one booked tickets with them before. Grandstand 5 Piscina..Tell me its good..

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭paddy cork

going to monza for the fourth time,second time with the brother.booked flights about a month ago 90euro return each flying out sat morning from dublin to linate,return sun night from malpensa.hotel 10 mins from central station 65 euro including breakfast.not sure if going to monza on sat(depends if we can go to football match on saturday,times not decided yet) general admission on sun is 65 euro, i think. free train to and from track on the sunday(lesmo) buying ticket here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭jayo99

Does this change anyones plans for Monza :-/ ?

yep im not going, handnt booked anything as i was holding on to make sure he was 100% going to be there.Doe my worry was massa was going to make a miracle recovery not schueys neck causing problems. Gutted i luv monza when there is a chance a ferrari will win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 964 ✭✭✭thegoth

Tried to cancel but it would have cost me €200 deposit I had already paid. Since the trip was about €750, I decided to pay the balance and enjoy it.

Who knows Massa may be back so I'm sure that would lead to a great atmosphere, and I hear that there is a small chance that Schmuacher may still drive there, but its small

Your right to go, you will hav a great wkend regardless monza is brilliant. Id still luv to go but as im going to oz for a mth 3wks after monza i personnel couldnt justify spending the money without schumacher been der. Enjoy its anyway you will hav great craic the tifosi are crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Solberg2005

Myself and my girlfriend went to the Monago GP this year. The 3 nights cost €650 each which included, insurance, tickets for qualifying and race, 3 nights in a hotel in Nice (breakfact included), and bus transfer to and from the Airport. I was lucky enough to win a voucher worth €1200 so it cost me very little for the weekend. The travel department is who we went with and i found them no problem at all to deal with.

I'm still going,gutted schuey won't be there but still going to enjoy the weekend all the same.:)

Advertisement