Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taxi to Hueston Station Dublin

Options
  • 30-07-2009 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭

Hey guys just wondering if anyone could tell me roughly what a Taxi from Drogheda to Hueston station dublin would be? Trying to work out if the time it would save vs using the dart would be worth it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

If i was you i'd get matthews bus, walk down o'connell street jump on the luas cost you a grand total of 9euro. Taxi your looking at at least 50.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

ANXIOUS wrote: »
    If i was you i'd get matthews bus, walk down o'connell street jump on the luas cost you a grand total of 9euro. Taxi your looking at at least 50.

I'm not from Louth where can I get Matthews bus from? I'd be looking at leaving here around the half 4 mark the dart goes a 4:55 and gets in at 5:56 which would leave me needing to get to hueston for a 6:25 train which is a bit tight hence looking at other options.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

You are looking at nearer €90 for a taxi if it's on the meter. Could you not catch an earlier train to Dublin? Luas is probably the quickest way form Connolly to Heuston. A taxi between Connolly and Heuston is about €10 -12 depending on traffic. Bus Eireann?

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Stillnotworking

I'm not from Louth where can I get Matthews bus from? I'd be looking at leaving here around the half 4 mark the dart goes a 4:55 and gets in at 5:56 which would leave me needing to get to hueston for a 6:25 train which is a bit tight hence looking at other options.

You can get the Matthews bus from the Fuel station / Mc Donalds across from the bus station or at the Thatch pub, usually at half past the hour. Or there is one from Grange Rath / Bettystown area. Both go to Parnell St and then a 5 minute walk to Abbey St Luas

Link http://www.matthewscoach.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

leaving here around the half 4 mark the dart goes a 4:55 and gets in at 5:56 which would leave me needing to get to hueston for a 6:25 train which is a bit tight hence looking at other options.
    AM or PM? I ask, as going near the city centre at rush hour will be costly.

If it's PM, and you leave before half past, there's a train at 16:32... which would get you in at 17:17, giving you a lot more time.

You're looking at at least €90 as Drogheda is a good bit away... and then only if there is little or no traffic. Once you hit Dublin... at around 5pm, you're f**ked, meter wiese :(

You may get a cheaper rate with a local hackney? They would give you a set amount, so if you get stuck in heavy traffic for 5 minutes, the meter wouldn't be ticking up.

• Advertisement

trad wrote: »
    You are looking at nearer €90 for a taxi if it's on the meter. Could you not catch an earlier train to Dublin? Luas is probably the quickest way form Connolly to Heuston. A taxi between Connolly and Heuston is about €10 -12 depending on traffic. Bus Eireann?

hadn't realised would be that dear mind made up I'll leave a bit earlier thanks! can close thread now.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭fh041205

the_syco, that train (16.32) runs on Friday only AFAIK.

OP, Train to Dublin is 10 quid. 30 mins should be plenty of time to get from connolly to Heuston.

And btw, its not a DART. The Dart is electric and is in Dublin, hence the name.

fh041205 wrote: »
    the_syco, that train (16.32) runs on Friday only AFAIK.

OP, Train to Dublin is 10 quid. 30 mins should be plenty of time to get from connolly to Heuston.

And btw, its not a DART. The Dart is electric and is in Dublin, hence the name.

grand got earlier train thanks guys.

Advertisement