Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triton Shower Problem

Options
  • 30-07-2009 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hey everyone,

Wonder if anyone has any clue as to what's wrong with my shower...
    When its on it takes a second for the water to heat up as does any other shower, but once its hot it goes cold again, then hot again, then cold for the whole duration of your time in there...

Anyone any ideas what the problem might be? We recently got cental heating put in, could this be our problem?

Thanks
    C

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Without seeing it it sounds like a pressure problem. I know it works on the tank in the attic but sometimes it causes problem

How old is the shower, have you left it running for a minute to see if it steadies out. You can usually tell whats going on you hear the heater click on and the pump working harder.

If the shower is old the head might be blocked. soak the head in a solution of clear vinager and water. It works great.Leave it about half an hour to clean the scale.

Use the solution afterwords to clean your taps it works great on these as well.

If all this fails phone earthridge and ask for techanical.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 carriec87

Cool, thanks. Will try soaking it like you said.
    Shower is about 5 years old i think... We've had showers in it, water just keeps changing between hot and cold... So if you jump in for a quick shower you're actually in for about half an hour cause you've to keep dodging the cold water!! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

carriec87 wrote: »
    Cool, thanks. Will try soaking it like you said.
    Shower is about 5 years old i think... We've had showers in it, water just keeps changing between hot and cold... So if you jump in for a quick shower you're actually in for about half an hour cause you've to keep dodging the cold water!! lol

Best of luck. the adverage life of a triton T90 is 3-8 years. I know your mother has one 15 years but thats the way it goes!

A new shower can be refit for 150 and the cost of the shower.

Advertisement