Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some info on new charter - clean slate on infractions!

• 30-07-2009 11:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭

Following on from this thread:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055609913

I'll be posting the amended charter tomorrow evening when I get back from work, plus starting the new superthreads and a few other housekeeping tasks.

It will probably take about 1-2 hours in total, so please bear with me. Until the charter is up and running the current rules still apply. Please continue to use the existing superthreads until the new versions are posted.

In addition to some of the changes mentioned on the feedback thread, there will be a new period of probation for new entrants to the forum, that will be explained in full on the access request forum once the charter is in place.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Right guys:

1. The new charter is just about ready to go, it may strike you as tl:dr, but the rules you need to follow are in the 1st post. The rest expands on what is in the 1st post as and provides further clarity on some common themes we encounter. None of that is exhaustive, and we will exercise our discretion if we believe a post or posts is at odds with the spirit of the forum charter.

2. Since the rules for superthreads have not changed I have restarted the most active of the superthreads. That does not mean that those with less traffic are in any way inferior to the busiest threads, and if anyone feels the superthreads they post is in unweildy you need only ask us to consider a new start for that as well.

3. The league superthreads are for general discussion of a specific league, they are not the only place you can post about an issue related to a league. We picked the four leagues most likely to see interaction in such a thread (the LOI already has a couple of similar threads that work quite well), if you feel that another competition could do with a specific superthread then you are free to start one, just please include the general superthread rules in your first post.

4. From this point on, all infractions earned in the soccer forum will no longer count for the purposes of the accumulated infraction system. All posters start with a clean slate!

5. Any feedback you have may be PMed to any of the mods and we promise we will take it on board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

There will be a gambling superthread added over the weekend.

I'll also bring your attention to the new probation system we're trialling for new users which is outlined here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=61405755&postcount=2

Thanks to Des for providing the initial suggestion that prompted us to work on that, here's hoping it works well.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement