Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMS alert for hotmail?

• 30-07-2009 11:17am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭

Is there a way for Hotmail to send an SMS to your phone when a new mail is received? I know Nokia Messenger polls for mail when in my home network etc but I was just wondering if there was a way to receive SMS notification like a normal text.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

You can but it doesn't work for Ireland :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Larkin501 wrote: »
    You can but it doesn't work for Ireland :mad:

That's what I thought. I googled it but couldn't find the relevant links to SMS setup here. Ah well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

That's what I thought. I googled it but couldn't find the relevant links to SMS setup here. Ah well

What about using networks email alerts, you could forward from your main account to your networks email address

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Davy wrote: »
    What about using networks email alerts, you could forward from your main account to your networks email address

+1

Yes, that's what I do.

I forward my Gmail to O2 and then get Text Alerts off them.

O2 let you choose which emails to be altered by. You can even choose to be only alerted if the Subject contains a certain word which is handy for avoiding spam.

Nic

Advertisement