Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Directions Castlepollard to Portlaoise

Options
  • 30-07-2009 11:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭

Hi,

Im trying to put together brief directions from Castlepollard to Portlaoise. I havent been on the road in years and haven't time to be before I send these out. Can someone have a look at the directions below and see if they make sense? I've taken from AA routeplanner but have paraphrased alot!

Castlepollard. Take a left at the crossroads (onto R395) and follow all signs for Mullingar. Travel approx 12 miles before arriving in Mullingar. Follow all signs for the R394. Cross the Royal Canal and go straight through the next set of traffic lights before taking the 2nd exit at the following roundabout. At the next number of roundabouts, take all exits for the N52 (signed Tullamore). You will join the M6 motorway and continue for another 7 miles before arriving in Tullamore. At the first two junctions take the signs for the Town Centre and then continue straight as far as the N80 roundabout where you will take the Portlaoise exit. Continue straight for another 14 miles before entering Mountmellick. From Mountmellick take the N80 for approx 5 miles to Portlaoise.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Those directions are inaccurate!!

The R395 goes to Delvin. Its the R394 to Mullingar (off the roundabout).
    Just outside Mullingar, join the N4 bypass heading towards Dublin and take 2nd ramp off, signposted for Tullamore.
    Much of the road is new so I'm uncertain of numbers but I know its signposted all the way to Tullamore.

Advertisement