Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thread Linking

Options
  • 30-07-2009 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭

I would be surprised if this wasn't asked before but I couldn't find it anywhere.

So basically the idea would be this.

sometimes I want to to start a thread and I have a number of forums that it would suit and I'd like to get the feedback from the readers of all the relevant forums but some users may not read the other forums.

so say i wanted to start a thread on pubs selling drink for 3e or less in dublin city.

I could put it in Dublin city

Bargain requests

Beer and wine

etc.

If i started 3 threads in 3 different fora people would be getting pee'd off

i'd also probably have 3 sets of answer in 3 different places from 3 different groups

So what I would like to do is start the thread in one fora and link it to the other relevant fora

that way i get the response from the groups of people who read the 3 different fora's it's all in the one thread nice and tidy and i don't get a telling off for cross posting

too much hassle?

confused yet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

The main problems here are:

Who moderates it?
    What rules apply?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

seamus wrote: »
    The main problems here are:

Who moderates it?
    What rules apply?

I hadn't got that far ;)

I guess there would be a main fora so the main fora the one the thread resides in would be moderated by the moderators of that fora.

if the thread breaks any rules or a user breaks any rules of any of the linked fora's any of the mod's of the main or the linked can close/ban etc

I see what your getting at tho.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement