Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Data plans to be updated in September

• 30-07-2009 11:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭

Was just on the their customer care. I asked if Meteor had any plans to update their data plans to bring them in line with the other providers..she put me on hold to check with a supervisor, and the confirmed that they will be updated in the first couple of weeks is September!

I assume they will at least double the 250mb allowance to 500mb and keep the price at 9.99

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

I'd much prefer if they dropped the 250MB add-on to ~€5, maybe introduce a €7.50 for 500MB add-on, and then up the €10 add-on to 1GB of data. I've posted this over on their forums.

EDIT: Just noticed they've replied. They're not giving away any info, other than it will be passed on, but hopefully something good will come out of it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

funny that. That question was asked on the forum and got a generic reply of they are looking into it. But could give no more info. Hopefully they match 3's data pricing. I'd be happy with 1GB for €10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭cojomo2

Kensington wrote: »
    I'd much prefer if they dropped the 250MB add-on to ~€5, maybe introduce a €7.50 for 500MB add-on, and then up the €10 add-on to 1GB of data. I've posted this over on their forums.

EDIT: Just noticed they've replied. They're not giving away any info, other than it will be passed on, but hopefully something good will come out of it!

im not a meteor customer so cant post there..but some1 should mention their out of bundle charge, once you go over the 250mb..its 2c/kb..which is over 20 euro/mb, compared to the o2 out of bundle charge , which is 2c/mb, meteor are over 1,000 times more expensive....

This is a disaster , as even if you have the 250mb, you will always feel like you have to be checking your balance non stop, as even if you go a few mb over, you are talking over a 100 euro extra in your bill...

cojomo2 wrote: »
    im not a meteor customer so cant post there..but some1 should mention their out of bundle charge, once you go over the 250mb..its 2c/kb..which is over 20 euro/mb, compared to the o2 out of bundle charge , which is 2c/mb, meteor are over 1,000 times more expensive....

This is a disaster , as even if you have the 250mb, you will always feel like you have to be checking your balance non stop, as even if you go a few mb over, you are talking over a 100 euro extra in your bill...
    Just posted that query over in the forum now :)

Just posted that query over in the forum now :)

Good stuff. They really do need to get up to speed on data plans..I didn't know Voda charged a 5er/mb outside bundle:eek:, I'm with 3, and they charge 18c/mb outside bundle, and I thought that was expensive, although, I would never go outside the 1gb data bundle they have..most I have ever used is about 450mb..

And talking to other meteor customers, if you do happen to go a few meg over the 250 bundle....they are not lenient , and do insist you pay up...Bad for business if you ask me. Its a real pity, as their bill pay lite 25 plan is excellent value I think..

• Advertisement

Their bill pay lite plans are great value, without a doubt. But they do hit you for data. I'm wondering is the price of €5/MB quoted by Vodafone wrong. Vodafone do an "ISP" access point, where all data going through that gets charged at 19c/MB so €5/MB could be wrong - 5c/MB maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Their bill pay lite plans are great value, without a doubt. But they do hit you for data. I'm wondering is the price of €5/MB quoted by Vodafone wrong. Vodafone do an "ISP" access point, where all data going through that gets charged at 19c/MB so €5/MB could be wrong - 5c/MB maybe?

The data will be improving. Their old system was holding them back in terms of offering newer up to date packages, and this won't be an issue going forward after this weekend.

chrislad wrote: »
    The data will be improving. Their old system was holding them back in terms of offering newer up to date packages, and this won't be an issue going forward after this weekend.

Great to hear. Do you work for meteor?

I went in to change to meteor today, but they informed me my data add on would not kick in till the 10th of august, and in the meantime id be paying 2c/kb(over 20 euro/mb) so i just couldn't do it!

when their system is updated, will this change also, i.e will the plan I pay for kick in the day/or day after I join Meteor?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

cojomo2 wrote: »
    Great to hear. Do you work for meteor?

I went in to change to meteor today, but they informed me my data add on would not kick in till the 10th of august, and in the meantime id be paying 2c/kb(over 20 euro/mb) so i just couldn't do it!

when their system is updated, will this change also, i.e will the plan I pay for kick in the day/or day after I join Meteor?

Yes, when the system changes, any add ons will start from day of activation, and not from next billing data.

Advertisement