Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Technical issue with Deauville - Fuel line?

• 30-07-2009 12:09pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭

So i took the bike to work today, hadnt been on her for weeks. (I did turn her over once in between with taking her out just to keep battery charged)

She was serviced a few months ago, new battery and new electrical thingie that ensures battery charges.

anyway it was a fairly flat out spin along the M50 this morning. No issues all good.

I came off the motorway and speed etc reduces. Came to a stop about 5 mins down the road at a set of lights and the engine throttle reduced before cutting out.

Tried starting again, she started but when i gave it some juice it was like the fuel wasnt getting to the engine (as if there was little no fuel in the tank)

After a while anyway after much effort she started with no issue and i continued on my merry way.

It was suggested to me that it could be to do with the fuel lines. Any ideas on what i can do to check it out myself? It being a recession and all that! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Armadillo

The fuel pump has been known to give trouble in a few older type deauvilles but the engine will run if the pump is bypassed and the tank is kept topped up. More info can be got from http://www.deauvilleuk.org/forum/ - register for free to get access to the technical sub forum.
    What year is the bike?
    Check filter too.

Advertisement