Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How much should I get?

• 30-07-2009 12:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,432 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I went to the UK and imported a 2003 Seat Leon Cupra R in May 2006 with 45000 miles on the clock. Its got 91000 miles on the clock now, motorway driving mostly and I was wondering what people think I should ask for when selling it?

I paid in total about €21500 after VRT back in 2006 which was cheaper then buying here, if you ever managed to find one here!

I was thinking about €17k? Am I being realistic?

Thanks guys

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Not a hope of €17k to be honest. Depending on condition and to sell I couldn't see anything more than €10k on a good unfortunately. There's a lot of VAG 1.8T's going for lower money that may just as well tempt the sort of people that would be interedted in the Curpa R.

Lower BHP and mileage:

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Skoda/Octavia/1.8T-VRS/200914192356896/advert?channel=CARS

Similar market:

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Volkswagen/Golf/r32/200926194398042/advert?channel=CARS

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Volkswagen/Golf/1.8T-GTI/200832189620635/advert?channel=CARS

I know not the same but you kinda get my point.

Nice car by the way:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭td2008

17K is a lot for a 2003 car even if it is a cupra r. Was thinking of importing one myself, was going to cost maybe 15k max for 04 or 05. The new vrt regulations make it a bit unreasonable to import but i would love one!
    What are you thinking of changing to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Seperate

You could clear this 2005 one, with 63k...

Car - http://pistonheads.co.uk/sales/1160084.htm - 8200

VRT - 4886

Flights, Ferry, Petrol - 300

Less then €13500 - and that's without any kid of bargaining on the UK price.

In this day and ages, you'd be lucky to get out with anything more then 10500-11000 i'd say.

This one could be cleared for less then 10500.

I'd keep it if I were you, they're a super car and worth alot more then you'll get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

ando wrote: »
    Am I being realistic?

No, you are deluded. Your car is worth about half what you think. I've driven several Cupras and liked them, but its not an AMG SL600...

'cptr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,881 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

What EPM said. I don't think even 10k is realistic when you can't get that for a good condition Golf GTI - a more desirable car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Hey,

I went to the UK and imported a 2003 Seat Leon Cupra R in May 2006 with 45000 miles on the clock. Its got 91000 miles on the clock now, motorway driving mostly and I was wondering what people think I should ask for when selling it?

I paid in total about €21500 after VRT back in 2006 which was cheaper then buying here, if you ever managed to find one here!

Thanks guys

Sorry mate and no offence but there is no way your car has only lost €4500 in depreciation since you bought it in 2006. It has probably lost more than that in 1 year alone, also the used car market is alot different now than it was 2 or 3 years ago, prices have tumbled. Given the above average mileage and the fact that it is a hot hatch which will only appeal to a smaller audience I think you will be doing well to get €9k for it imho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,432 ✭✭✭ando

Woah, 9k :eek: Where was I going with my 17k !!??!! Im not in a position really at the moment to put money towards something so a straight sell and buy with the money i get is what I'm looking for, I cant get anything really for 9k so might have to hold off selling for now until I get a bit of cash to put towards something

What are you thinking of changing to?

I moved house recently and traveling to work each day costs a bomb, I’m talkin 85 a week minimum on petrol and that’s me driving like a granddad on a Sunday drive, so I’m looking out for something a bit easier on the wallet for now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭td2008

Woah, 9k :eek: Where was I going with my 17k !!??!! Im not in a position really at the moment to put money towards something so a straight sell and buy with the money i get is what I'm looking for, I cant get anything really for 9k so might have to hold off selling for now until I get a bit of cash to put towards something

I moved house recently and traveling to work each day costs a bomb, I’m talkin 85 a week minimum on petrol and that’s me driving like a granddad on a Sunday drive, so I’m looking out for something a bit easier on the wallet for now

You'd get a nice tdi for 9k i reckon but you might not enjoy driving at all after selling the cupra!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Maybe an FR tdi with a remap? To be honest the cost to change it would pay for a lot of juice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

EPM wrote: »
    Maybe an FR tdi with a remap? To be honest the cost to change it would pay for a lot of juice

best piece of advice...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Cost to change has to be taken into consideration really. A diesel will probably be doing the same run for €50, so that's €35 a week saved at best, maybe even only €25 saved. Takes a long time to recoup the costs of a few grand outlay on €25 a week.
    Your car realistically will sell for less than 10k, you can get a 05 mark 5 GTI Golf from a really expensive main dealer with around 45k miles for €17k here in Limerick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

will cost you a bit more than €9k to land it here but the extra bit would be well worth it in my opinion.

1119143-8.jpg

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1119143.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭fletch

Here's an '04 for €10,000

• Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭omega man

Hey,

Thanks guys

No way 17K man, sorry. As an example there is a 2008 Mazda 3 MPS (2.3 260bhp) from a dealer going for under 15K! Keep it unless you want a quick sale for 7/8K tops.

Advertisement