Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada 2010-2011?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭bizzo

Hi im new to this here.

was anyone on this on the waiting list. Im waaaay behind i know. Im number 755. Can anyone shed any light on how long they were waiting etc?

Thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Does anyone know how much usit charge for flights and insurance?
    The package that they wrongly put me on has $300 off flights and insurance but will it still be more expensive than doing it myself after the discount?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

bizzo wrote: »
    Hi im new to this here.

was anyone on this on the waiting list. Im waaaay behind i know. Im number 755. Can anyone shed any light on how long they were waiting etc?

Thanks

You should apply to go direct also.

755 on the waiting list... unless usit are allocated extra places you have no chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Beibheann84

ok so im so confussed. I didnt think there was a deadline for the IEC Visas, is it to late to apply? also im currently in Toronto on my first visa which finishes in October 2011 can i apply now?
    if anyone can explain it to me id really appreciate it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭red menace

Yes you can apply now!
    I would crack on and apply ASAP, there is only 5,000 places allocated for Ireland anxd they seem to be getting snapped up sharpish.

The program has been open since the middle of January and wont close til all the visas are gone.
    It's worth sticking on an application now all it will cost you is the postage

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/index.aspx?lang=eng

• Advertisement

thanks for the quick reply, one more thing thats confusing me is this question that i saw on the website:

I am currently in Canada on Working Holiday status and would like to apply participate again next year. When can I submit a new application to the IEC?
    You may submit an application to the IEC at any time while we are accepting applications for an upcoming year. It is important to note that you cannot be issued a new temporary work permit until your current permit expires and that the Letter of Introduction you would be issued by the Visa Section at the High Commission of Canada in the UK is valid for 12 months from the date of issue.

thanks for the quick reply, one more thing thats confusing me is this question that i saw on the website:

I am currently in Canada on Working Holiday status and would like to apply participate again next year. When can I submit a new application to the IEC?
    You may submit an application to the IEC at any time while we are accepting applications for an upcoming year. It is important to note that you cannot be issued a new temporary work permit until your current permit expires and that the Letter of Introduction you would be issued by the Visa Section at the High Commission of Canada in the UK is valid for 12 months from the date of issue.

So all that means is that you can apply at any time for the next visa but it only becomes valid once your current visa runs out

cool, thanks so much! im here working in a fecking call centre, its so repetative my brain has gone to mush!

ps for anyone coming out here trying to get work in construction, its very very slow! if anyone has any contacts in construction my boyfriend is looking for work especially anything like tilling.
    in my case i dont know is it because i dont have much experience bar my degree but the only thing iv gotten out here is a call centre!and trust me anyone who applies for a call centre gets the job! ive applied for so many jobs and havnt gotten much luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

anyone go over without any 3rd level education and qualifications? how did ye get on over there...

iv worked in construction since age 18 just laboring was grand when the work was there. im thinking of going to college but im thinking of traveling too, would i get far with no real qualifications?

cheers

cool, thanks so much! im here working in a fecking call centre, its so repetative my brain has gone to mush!

ps for anyone coming out here trying to get work in construction, its very very slow! if anyone has any contacts in construction my boyfriend is looking for work especially anything like tilling.
    in my case i dont know is it because i dont have much experience bar my degree but the only thing iv gotten out here is a call centre!and trust me anyone who applies for a call centre gets the job! ive applied for so many jobs and havnt gotten much luck!

Theres a lot more construction going on in Alberta, where we are living in Edmonton is busy enough theres a lot of house building going on at present, I know thats not much help to you but maybe worth bearing in mind

Also bear in mind construction slows right down in winter here, it should ramp up a bit in spring...

• Advertisement

ya thats what were hearing, that the work is west and that things will pick up, its just a case of hanging in there. no money to move now. whats Edmonton like? How long have you been there?

Edmonton is pretty nice,
    not massive, about the same size as Dublin
    It's the capital of Alberta so has a fair buzz about it
    Cost of living is a good bit cheaper than Dublin or anywhere I have lived
    wages are smaller but money goes further if you know what I mean
    Liking it a lot so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

anyone go over without any 3rd level education and qualifications? how did ye get on over there...

iv worked in construction since age 18 just laboring was grand when the work was there. im thinking of going to college but im thinking of traveling too, would i get far with no real qualifications?

cheers

depends what you want to do . Lots of labouring, construction related work in alberta.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭louisejscott

my bf is finishing his masters and applied for jobs in smaller firms- he got a conditional offer if he gets his IEC and they still have the money in Aug when he finishes. Goin over Paddys week to meet the firm- if your just outta college might be worth applying to smaller firms before you go. Similar to Ireland in the boom they recruit college grads long before they granduate.

On another note he submitted his proof of payment 2 days after me and got his email last night that application going to London...I'm still waiting...but calmer now as we filled out the forms identically.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭GGirl2010

Paula C wrote: »
    It doesnt say bout scanning forms from bank!?assumed u jus wrote ur details on microsoft word and attach it.but i dont know for sure!o so confused!!ahhh!o dont want to mess up at this stage of game.anyone know for sure!

Scan the receipt the bank give you . Paste in onto you word document and save in PDF format. LESS THAN 500 KB. On A blank page type in your first n last name, DOB, id number etc, date , . Should take up two pages max then save as PDF. upload throught the link they give you.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭GGirl2010

I hope that upload system is safe!! it does say. NOT PASSWORD SAFE!!!.. hmmm ....

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

No mail for me today. Officially starting to worry

I submitted mine a week ago (it wasn't sent until Wednesday tho)

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Paula C

didnt hear either dazzler.feck sake!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭louisejscott

No mail for me either- I'm now in a total panic. Don't understand this proof of payment was sent before my bf and both our forms our identical so why has he got his acceptance and I have nothing...seriously worried

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Paula C

i feel ill with worry i hate this bloody waiting around. its so unfair that some people get their reply days before us!canadian embassy is cruel!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

and don't forget, we still have the biggest phase of it all to go through!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭PrinceMax

Wow. That was quicker than I thought. Sent Thursday at noon. They received this morning - got conditional acceptance this afternoon. Shame you can't pay with CC online though.

Is it possible to pay with Internet banking? I use ulster bank. I just get the impression that it wouldn't be possible to fit all the required information online (i.e. name, DOB, ID number) - also what would be the required proof in this case? A screenshot?

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭niva*sis

PrinceMax wrote: »
    Wow. That was quicker than I thought. Sent Thursday at noon. They received this morning - got conditional acceptance this afternoon. Shame you can't pay with CC online though.

Is it possible to pay with Internet banking? I use ulster bank. I just get the impression that it wouldn't be possible to fit all the required information online (i.e. name, DOB, ID number) - also what would be the required proof in this case? A screenshot?

i paid with aib internet banking.. on the form that u are sending back has ur name dob id number so i didnt end up putting that on the statement to say that my funds had been sent.. and it seemed to have worked.. ive passed phase one.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭niva*sis

ok peeps just to put some peoples minds at rest...

both myself and my friend submitted our payment last wednesday, she got an email on thurs to say hers was sent to the uk and i only got mine today so im not sure how they are sorting it out, but i reckon if u made the payment you should be safe enough with passing phase one!!

it just a waiting game...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭PrinceMax

I can't see any option on UlsterBank online to include that level of information. Does anyone know if you can transfer in the post office?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

PrinceMax wrote: »
    I can't see any option on UlsterBank online to include that level of information. Does anyone know if you can transfer in the post office?
    my sis works in a post office she says they dont do it! maybe try the credit union.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Demo2011

DazzlerIE wrote: »
    and don't forget, we still have the biggest phase of it all to go through!

??? What phase is that ? So stressed out by the whole thing at this stage it's unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭fat__tony

Have any of you currently working in Toronto managed to get sponsored?

My employer today told me they'll be applying for my permanent residency which is great.

I'm curious as to how anyone else has got on.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭den1982

Demo2011 wrote: »
    ??? What phase is that ? So stressed out by the whole thing at this stage it's unreal.
    phase one means ur paperwork has been passed in france. on to london then for the real checks.security and funds i suppose....but once u have money and no convictions i cant see why they would stop anyone. fingers crossed anyway:D. if u go an e-mail sayin they have recieved the money,just hold tough,ull get the e-mail sayin passed phase one,dont worry.trust me !!!! its just a slow process

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭cybrandian

fat__tony wrote: »
    Have any of you currently working in Toronto managed to get sponsored?

My employer today told me they'll be applying for my permanent residency which is great.

I'm curious as to how anyone else has got on.

How long have you been in Canada Tony? And in what line of work?

Advertisement