Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada 2010-2011?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

den1982 wrote: »
    phase one means ur paperwork has been passed in france. on to london then for the real checks.security and funds i suppose....but once u have money and no convictions i cant see why they would stop anyone. fingers crossed anyway:D. if u go an e-mail sayin they have recieved the money,just hold tough,ull get the e-mail sayin passed phase one,dont worry.trust me !!!! its just a slow process

don't see how they can check the funds tbf

It's really just convictions they'll be checking for I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭fat__tony

cybrandian wrote: »
    How long have you been in Canada Tony? And in what line of work?

Sorry for the late reply.

I've been here just shy of 3 months now. I had the job lined up before I came. (which wasn't easy)

I work in a building services engineering consulting office downtown.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭GGirl2010

Jobs for which you need a medical examination

Depending on your intended occupation while in Canada, certain temporary foreign workers are required to undergo a medical examination. The following list provides examples of such occupations. This list is not all-inclusive.
    1. Occupations that bring you into close contact (more than three hours a day or risk of exchange of body fluids) with people, namely:
      • workers in the health sciences field
      • clinical laboratory workers
      • patient attendants in nursing and geriatric homes
      • medical students admitted to Canada to attend university
      • medical electives and physicians on short-term locums
      • teachers of primary or secondary schools or other teachers of small children
      • domestics
      • workers who give in-home care to children, the elderly and the disabled
      • day nursery employees
    2. Agricultural workers from designated countries or territories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭red menace

fat__tony wrote: »
    Have any of you currently working in Toronto managed to get sponsored?

My employer today told me they'll be applying for my permanent residency which is great.

I'm curious as to how anyone else has got on.

Good news on that, well done mate
    I am hoping to be getting similar news in the near future

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭bugle

Ive only just sent out my application today. Has anyone any clue what my chances are of getting a WH Visa at this late stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Swingingdoor

bugle wrote: »
    Ive only just sent out my application today. Has anyone any clue what my chances are of getting a WH Visa at this late stage?

Ah ya'll get one alright I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Demo2011

DazzlerIE wrote: »

Well, I have no convictions or anything like that and I got the email to say my stuff was sent to London so does that mean I can relax & breathe a bit? Ok, I am not going to book flights until I actually have a visa (fingers crossed) but it would be good to know what the craic is.

yea, I wouldn't be describing this as a "late stage"

I reckon visas will be there for a month or two yet

There were 5,000 of them

Like Usit are happy enough to let you book your flights before they submit to the High commission, so I'd imagine it's looking good (I know I booked my flights and insurance before actually having the visa)

I've been through the process before, only got back from Van in October, now I'm heading back (hopefully)

Not going to book anything myself until I've heard for sure tho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭den1982

ya true. and i suppose its them that issue it so they want to double check everything is in order

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭bugle

well thanks to you both. I cant help but be a little paranoid.

bugle wrote: »
    well thanks to you both. I cant help but be a little paranoid.

you aren't the only one! :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

Like Usit are happy enough to let you book your flights before they submit to the High commission, so I'd imagine it's looking good (I know I booked my flights and insurance before actually having the visa)

The Usit one is slightly different though. They have x spaces so once they take your application they reserve your spot and nobody else can have it. The only way you don't get it is by failing the security check (and you should know if you're going to do that) or by not paying their fee (and you'll know that too). If either of those happens the space gets freed up and given to the next person on the waiting list.

Maybe there are more ways to not get accepted but they verify your docs so they should be ruled out before they accept you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭louisejscott

another day of starring at my email for the next 10 min hoping I get the email to say my application is gone to London...I turn into a nervous freak from 5 til 5.10 everyday:eek:

Got my email :):)

5.11- looks like no email for me AGAIN

red menace wrote: »
    Good news on that, well done mate
    I am hoping to be getting similar news in the near future

red meanace i am just wondering about the second phase. the medical examination phase.. as regards getting rejected at this phase do you know y this would be. thanks

ggirl2010

5.11- looks like no email for me AGAIN

did you do your wire transfer in your own branch?

I did mine last Tuesday from a branch that wasn't my own one

they had to send it to my branch where it was sent the next day

so if it wasn't your branch I'd expect the mail tomorrow

it would fit in with the timescale I had

I did the same as you- last tues from diff back-last wed from my branch so was hopin to get my email today:( I even rang my branch to make sure they sent it.

• Advertisement

I did the same as you- last tues from diff back-last wed from my branch so was hopin to get my email today:( I even rang my branch to make sure they sent it.

maybe your branch sent it too late that day or something, meaning an extra days wait

I know it's easy for me to say, but don't completely panic yet, give them one more day

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Paula C

i didnt get email either!sent it last wed and sent my proof of purchase on thur

GGirl2010 wrote: »
    red menace i am just wondering about the second phase. the medical examination phase.. as regards getting rejected at this phase do you know y this would be. thanks

ggirl2010

I have no idea tbh
    It wasn't a consideration for us last year because we werentn't going to have contact with any of the people or jobs listed above

I could be wrong about this but usually diseases like TB will disqualify you
    I am no expert by any means and didnt look into it much because it wasn't going to affect us

red menace wrote: »
    I have no idea tbh
    It wasn't a consideration for us last year because we werentn't going to have contact with any of the people or jobs listed above

I could be wrong about this but usually diseases like TB will disqualify you
    I am no expert by any means and didnt look into it much because it wasn't going to affect us

ah ok. yeah i know what you mean.. yeah.. my major is complete healthcare... Laboratory work.. pure biology.. i dont see why i should get refused,but i should get reviewd under their medical examination. (medical form sent out to me) not sure.. hmm.. yeah i dont know.. have to wait..

thank anyways...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

yea, I wouldn't be describing this as a "late stage"

I reckon visas will be there for a month or two yet

There were 5,000 of them

I'm fairly sure i read there will 1000 extra visas if the demand is there, i don't have a link and if other countrys don't take there allocation then we may get more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭gdmaestro

Hey guys, I sent my fee in on monday and got a receipt of proof of payment...im still waitin on hearin whether its been sent to the U.K or not...
    I saw that most people heard the following day after paying

should i be worried?

gdmaestro wrote: »
    Hey guys, I sent my fee in on monday and got a receipt of proof of payment...im still waitin on hearin whether its been sent to the U.K or not...

should i be worried?

Did you email the proof of payment to them on monday also?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭lillieme

Passed phase one of IEC application and my application was sent to London, just recoeved mail today from Canadian Embassey to say now it has been rejected. Im HOPING this is a mistake???????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭gdmaestro

I did indeed....
    :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭den1982

gdmaestro wrote: »

should i be worried?
    no need to be worried.alot more in the same boat as you !!! myself and my friend submitted the proof of payment together and i got my e-mail sayin i passed phase one the followin day and she didnt get hers for nearly 4 or 5 days.....be cool.you'll get it:D

Advertisement