Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada 2010-2011?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭gdmaestro

haha thanks a mil...this application has me as stressed out!

Roll on toronto!!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭cybrandian

gdmaestro wrote: »
    Hey guys, I sent my fee in on monday and got a receipt of proof of payment...im still waitin on hearin whether its been sent to the U.K or not...
    I saw that most people heard the following day after paying

should i be worried?

I just got the mail today to say mine has been sent to London, and I sent off the proof of payment on the 3rd, so will take around 6 days. No need to worry!

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭den1982

lillieme wrote: »
    Passed phase one of IEC application and my application was sent to London, just recoeved mail today from Canadian Embassey to say now it has been rejected. Im HOPING this is a mistake???????

what?????? how long between gettin the e-mail saying passed and gettin the refused one?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭lillieme

bout a week im gutted I dont understand it.. has this happened anyone else?? Could it be a mistake??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭red menace

It's probable down to the shear volume of applications
    I read somewhere that there are 14,00 visas allocated for France so assuming there is high interest there that's an awful lot of processing and checking
    It's bound to take so long
    Does the FAQ not quote for the process taking 8 weeks in total?
    It's still early days people

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭gdmaestro

cool thanks, i started panicking when i saw people heard 24hrs later! crisis averted!

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭niva*sis

bout a week im gutted I dont understand it.. has this happened anyone else?? Could it be a mistake??

ohmygod, nooooooooo
    oh lads what are we gonna do..
    so like did u get rejected in an email and then they send a letter as to say why????

did u get need to get a medical or anything????

yeah iv to get a medical.. but are they not ment to send info re: medical after your accepted??im gutted got an email to say ill get letter why i got rejected
    NOT FAIR....

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Demo2011

yeah iv to get a medical.. but are they not ment to send info re: medical after your accepted??im gutted got an email to say ill get letter why i got rejected
    NOT FAIR....

Did you require a medical because of a health condition or was it related to jobs you wanted to do ?

For jobs, hopin to teach, prob shouldn of bothered puttin it down, tho dont think we had to send on medical certs, cos think they were gooing to give a list of where you can get it done if you are successfull..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭niva*sis

im not too sure bout the medical but ya that sounds right that u prob dont need to do it till after u get visa..

this is an awful process lads.. the stress of it like..
    sorry to hear that now..

For jobs, hopin to teach, prob shouldn of bothered puttin it down, tho dont think we had to send on medical certs, cos think they were gooing to give a list of where you can get it done if you are successfull..

So you have no health condition, you passed Phase 1 & they knocked you back in the visa section London for no obvious reason ? I am presuming if you are a teacher, all your police certs were clear so this is very very scary. If you do not mind me asking what did the refusal email say & when did you get it ?

The thing is I got the email from the Canadian Embassey in Paris not from London even tho my forms were sent to London last week for Final check. They said after checkin my details I was missing some items but thats not true cos I couldn of passed first phase if I was missing items. Make no sense at all?? They sent a form to reclaim my payment
    What do you think of my situation?

only got email this evening..

The thing is I got the email from the Canadian Embassey in Paris not from London even tho my forms were sent to London last week for Final check. They said after checkin my details I was missing some items but thats not true cos I couldn of passed first phase if I was missing items. Make no sense at all?? They sent a form to reclaim my payment
    What do you think of my situation?

Ok - so it seems that your file was NOT actually sent to London then ?

You got the mail that started

'We hereby confirm that your proof of payment of the International Experience Canada (IEC) participation fee was received at the Youth Mobility Unit of the Embassy of Canada in France on 02-02-2011.
    We will now undertake a final verification of your file. If everything is in order, we will forward it to the Visa Section at the High Commission of Canada in the UK for the second evaluation phase. '

but not

We are pleased to inform you that your application has been accepted by the Youth Mobility Unit.
    Your file was forwarded to the Visa Section at the High Commission of Canada in the UK today for the second evaluation phase.

Would that be right ?

Before they send the file to London they do that last check & maybe that was when they decided to reject ?

Also, they will send you the file back & you still have time to re-apply so all is not lost. Once you get the file back you can correct whatever the error is & try again. It would be worse, much much worse if you were rejected by the visa folks in London.

This is what I got last week:
    Your file was forwarded to the Visa Section at the High Commission of Canada in the UK today for the second evaluation phase. If your application is accepted at this stage, a Letter of Introduction will be sent to the email address that you provided on your IEC application form. (No paper copy will be sent.) If you use an anti-spam filter, please configure it to accept messages from the following address: london-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca. Please also check your spam or junk folders to ensure that messages haven’t been filtered out.
    If your application is rejected by this Section, you will receive a letter by post explaining the reason(s) for the refusal and the Youth Mobility Unit will automatically begin the reimbursement process.

This is what I got last week:
    Your file was forwarded to the Visa Section at the High Commission of Canada in the UK today for the second evaluation phase. If your application is accepted at this stage, a Letter of Introduction will be sent to the email address that you provided on your IEC application form. (No paper copy will be sent.) If you use an anti-spam filter, please configure it to accept messages from the following address: london-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca. Please also check your spam or junk folders to ensure that messages haven’t been filtered out.
    If your application is rejected by this Section, you will receive a letter by post explaining the reason(s) for the refusal and the Youth Mobility Unit will automatically begin the reimbursement process.

Wow !!! So your file was sent to London & now they are saying there was stuff missing ? I don't know what to say / write. Does anyone else have experience of this ?

But do not worry too much, you will get the file back & you can re-apply

Yeah making no sense to me at all.. thats why im hoping its a mistake?? If this has happened anyone else please let me know? Or those who HAVE the visa let me know too. Gutted now

Yeah making no sense to me at all.. thats why im hoping its a mistake?? If this has happened anyone else please let me know? Or those who HAVE the visa let me know too. Gutted now

I totally understand how you feel - I would be fuming. This whole application process is a level beyond stressful.

Did the refusal email give any detail at all ?

We have examined your application to participate in the 2011 Canada-Ireland Working Holiday program of the International Experience Canada (IEC) initiative. Unfortunately, at this point, we cannot accept your application as certain requisite information and/or documents are missing or are not in compliance with our requirements. Your application is being returned to you by post, accompanied by a checklist indicating the missing and/or non-compliant elements. Please wait until you receive our explanation before submitting a new application. If places are still available, you may re-apply by downloading a new application kit. You must not reuse the same IEC application form because it was assigned a number associated with your denied application. Please be sure that your new application contains all the required documents and information. As indicated in the IEC reimbursement policy, this type of refusal entitles you to a reimbursement of the participation fee. In order to proceed with this reimbursement, we ask that you please provide us with your bank details via the secure online

• Advertisement

We have examined your application to participate in the 2011 Canada-Ireland Working Holiday program of the International Experience Canada (IEC) initiative. Unfortunately, at this point, we cannot accept your application as certain requisite information and/or documents are missing or are not in compliance with our requirements. Your application is being returned to you by post, accompanied by a checklist indicating the missing and/or non-compliant elements. Please wait until you receive our explanation before submitting a new application. If places are still available, you may re-apply by downloading a new application kit. You must not reuse the same IEC application form because it was assigned a number associated with your denied application. Please be sure that your new application contains all the required documents and information. As indicated in the IEC reimbursement policy, this type of refusal entitles you to a reimbursement of the participation fee. In order to proceed with this reimbursement, we ask that you please provide us with your bank details via the secure online

My heart goes out to you - this does not make any sense to me. Perhaps someone else could shed some light ? Why were the missing items not highlighted earlier ? This is frighteningly awful.

Thanks for your understanding.. My boyf is out there at the min I just wanna get out to him....

Thanks for your understanding.. My boyf is out there at the min I just wanna get out to him....

No worries. Try not to get too upset & relax. The file will be back with you in a few days & you can re-apply once you know what the issue is. Moreover, I would say you are not the only one who will get a mail like that unfortunately.

This process is mental - I have never been through anything like it. Have no fear though & do not give up, you will be having fun in the snow before you know it :D

Thanks hopefully I will

Thanks hopefully I will

sorry to hear that...really hope its a mistake.ill have a week down now friday since i got the e-mail sayin i passed phase one.....im goin to be stressed to the gills now check in my e-mails everytime from now in ...:eek::eek::eek:

A medical examination is not generally required of persons residing in Ireland. However, persons residing in Ireland who are destined for occupations for which the protection of public health is essential must pass a medical examination. This includes working in hospitals or healthcare facilities, and working with children such as teachers and care providers or camp counsellors. Food handlers are not included in this group and a medical examination would therefore not usually be required. If you have answered in the positive to questions 7 on your IEC application form, you may also be instructed to complete a medical examination.
    If a medical examination is required, then the Visa Section at the High Commission of Canada in the UK will send you the appropriate form, instructions, and a link to the CIC website where you can review a list of approved practitioners

thats exactly what I was thinkin so cant be anything to do with that. Im honestly at a loss just prayin to god they have made a mistake and that my application is still ok.. wishful thinkin I know

thats exactly what I was thinkin so cant be anything to do with that. Im honestly at a loss just prayin to god they have made a mistake and that my application is still ok.. wishful thinkin I know

fingers crossed for u..did you e-mail the embassy about it ??? let us know when u get the letter? i generally thought that the only reason that one would be declined is mainly the police cert.what else could it be like after it passin france???

Yeah Ill let ye know as soon as I know.. I cant think of any reason why I would be rejected.. I had all forms, im well qualified, experience everythin I dunno.. I emailed london there but who knows they prob wont reply to me.. wish could ring someone, tried ringingin earlier but no luck all pre- recorded messages to press buttons.. AHHHH so annoying

• Advertisement

Yeah Ill let ye know as soon as I know.. I cant think of any reason why I would be rejected.. I had all forms, im well qualified, experience everythin I dunno.. I emailed london there but who knows they prob wont reply to me.. wish could ring someone, tried ringingin earlier but no luck all pre- recorded messages to press buttons.. AHHHH so annoying

oh stop,they are a disaster for ringing. best e-mail them.they did reply to me alright about the problem we had tryin to pay them but it was the only e-mail i got back....i suppose ull just have to hold tough and get the letter.ull probably get it 3-5 days.just re-apply straight away.....like u say hopefully its a mistake

Advertisement