Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada 2010-2011?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

lillieme wrote: »
    Yeah Ill let ye know as soon as I know.. I cant think of any reason why I would be rejected.. I had all forms, im well qualified, experience everythin I dunno.. I emailed london there but who knows they prob wont reply to me.. wish could ring someone, tried ringingin earlier but no luck all pre- recorded messages to press buttons.. AHHHH so annoying

Wow, I can't believe you were rejected at stage 2.. I thought stage 2 was just a formality.
    That's going to make me worry until I get an email from London.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭louisejscott

email the London office and copy in the section from their website that states you MAY be required to get a medical and they will forward you the app forms. Point out that seeing as you have done everything right can they not keep your place while you get the medical- as per there website. No harm in putting up a bit of a fight worst they can do is say no and sure you have to wait for your forms in the post anyhow. London are very good at gettin back within 24hrs.

re-ldn.iec@international.gc.ca

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭FreeAnd..

tenchi-fan wrote: »
    Wow, I can't believe you were rejected at stage 2.. I thought stage 2 was just a formality.
    That's going to make me worry until I get an email from London.

Isn't stage 2 not the actual stage that does the real checks on eligibility? The Paris embassy only check that all of the forms are there and filled out but the eligibility to be granted a permit etc and actual determination of visa is done at the second stage....that was my understanding of it anyway

First phase means nothing really and is just administration checks...actual eligibility is determined at the second phase...

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Demo2011

FreeAnd.. wrote: »
    Isn't stage 2 not the actual stage that does the real checks on eligibility? The Paris embassy only check that all of the forms are there and filled out but the eligibility to be granted a permit etc and actual determination of visa is done at the second stage....that was my understanding of it anyway

First phase means nothing really and is just administration checks...actual eligibility is determined at the second phase...

So is it the case then that the email below is fairly meaningless because they can chuck you out any time they like saying your file is incomplete ? This whole thing is not making sense anymore at all. I just dont know what to think anymore.

We are pleased to inform you that your application to the 2011 Canada-Ireland Working Holiday category meets the International Experience Canada (IEC) criteria and has been conditionally accepted.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭den1982

Demo2011 wrote: »
    So is it the case then that the email below is fairly meaningless because they can chuck you out any time they like saying your file is incomplete ? This whole thing is not making sense anymore at all. I just dont know what to think anymore.

We are pleased to inform you that your application to the 2011 Canada-Ireland Working Holiday category meets the International Experience Canada (IEC) criteria and has been conditionally accepted.

im gettin more and more confused or maybe its stressed again.......:eek::eek:
    look lets not worry til we get an e-mail......wait til the first person gets the letter of introduction then the sh*t will hit the fan again...hahaha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Best of luck to everyone waiting on their email today!

well its hardly meaningless...it just means your application meets the conditional criteria - i.e. it is not incomplete
    We will then forward it to the Visa Section at the High Commission of Canada in the UK for the second evaluation phase.

The Visa Section will examine your application in accordance with Canadian immigration law and regulations

its the visa section in the UK that actually examine your application in accordance with Canadian immigration law and regulations

well its hardly meaningless...it just means your application meets the conditional criteria - i.e. it is not incomplete

its the visa section in the UK that actually examine your application in accordance with Canadian immigration law and regulations

That's what I thought - i.e. if you get through phase 1 so long a you are not a risk to Canada (criminal etc etc) then it will be ok. BUT Lillme was rejected yesterday having passed phase 1 & the email the embasssy sent her (which she posted) stated it was because of incomplete info etc.

I am now totally lost , slightly confused and very nervous

All we can do is wait and hope at this stage...good luck to everyone waiting for todays emails (me included :() 5pm can not come soon enough

All we can do is wait and hope at this stage...good luck to everyone waiting for todays emails (me included :() 5pm can not come soon enough

You are totally right. At this stage, unless you are a secret spy etc. there really is no point in worrying. Best of luck to everyone !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭den1982

think ill take a break from continously readin posts on this....im gettin grey hair from all of it :P if its meant to be,it will !!!!!!!

Pretty much.. however, if you passed the admin checks and you are eligible (Irish citizen and resident, under 35, no immigration problems in the past) there's no reason for them to reject you.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Jeff33

Hi guys,

I applied to go on the Usit mailing list for this years Canadian Visa. I decided after some research & checking out the treads on here to go direct through the Emabassy in Paris. Just got an Email today saying the USIT Application Route is closed & that they have reached their limit.
    I went the direct route & got confirmation that my payment fee of 110 Euro was received & that my application has being sent to stage 2 in London. I originally tried paying the fees through the AIB Bank but the teller said it wasn't sending & that there was a problem with the Codes. I decided then to send the fees by Internet Banking & It worked perfect. I'f anyone is in the process of sending the fees I would suggest sending them by Internet banking as its easy to follow & you can include 2 lines of Information on the Wire. So you can include you Name, I.D Number & Date of Birth. Once I sent the wire I had confirmation within 24 hours that they had received the payment & within 2 days of that I had being informed that my Application has passed over to London.

I hope that help people, as I know how stressfull it is.:( Best of luck to everyone applying. If anyone wants any assistance drop me a line & I will try help as best I can.:)

Best of luck, Jeff.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Jimmmy McNulty

Jeff33 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I applied to go on the Usit mailing list for this years Canadian Visa. I decided after some research & checking out the treads on here to go direct through the Emabassy in Paris. Just got an Email today saying the USIT Application Route is closed & that they have reached their limit.
    I went the direct route & got confirmation that my payment fee of 110 Euro was received & that my application has being sent to stage 2 in London. I originally tried paying the fees through the AIB Bank but the teller said it wasn't sending & that there was a problem with the Codes. I decided then to send the fees by Internet Banking & It worked perfect. I'f anyone is in the process of sending the fees I would suggest sending them by Internet banking as its easy to follow & you can include 2 lines of Information on the Wire. So you can include you Name, I.D Number & Date of Birth. Once I sent the wire I had confirmation within 24 hours that they had received the payment & within 2 days of that I had being informed that my Application has passed over to London.

I hope that help people, as I know how stressfull it is.:( Best of luck to everyone applying. If anyone wants any assistance drop me a line & I will try help as best I can.:)

Best of luck, Jeff.

Hey Jeff,

Thanks for the post! I found it really useful and I am actually at the stage where I have to pay.. When you used AIB, did you still upload a PDF using the link in the e-mail they sent you? If you did upload something, what exactly did you upload?

Also, did you choose urgent or standard? I was going to just choose urgent as I'm not sure how long either take!

Thanks a million,

Niall

Pretty much.. however, if you passed the admin checks and you are eligible (Irish citizen and resident, under 35, no immigration problems in the past) there's no reason for them to reject you.

besides medical, criminal, field of work, eligibility for a work permit...the only reasons that people actually get rejected a visa (besides incomplete forms)

Also, did you choose urgent or standard? I was going to just choose urgent as I'm not sure how long either take!

Don't choose urgent!
    It will cost €30 instead of 50c and the embassy go by the date they receive the payment confirmation (scan) rather than the date they receive the payment.

As for whether you should use the branch or online banking, if going into the branch is an available option for you I recommend it - simply because they give you an official receipt. That being said, I know a lot of people paid by internet banking and it seemed to work fine.

That's what I thought - i.e. if you get through phase 1 so long a you are not a risk to Canada (criminal etc etc) then it will be ok. BUT Lillme was rejected yesterday having passed phase 1 & the email the embasssy sent her (which she posted) stated it was because of incomplete info etc.

I am now totally lost , slightly confused and very nervous

well it does state missing info or info not in compliance with their requirements - you can read this either way i.e. based on the info supplied she does not meet the second level requirements...

I think its all pretty much guessing until people start either getting accepted or more people start getting rejected at that stage
    Unfortunately, at this point, we cannot accept your application as certain requisite information and/or documents are missing or are not in compliance with our requirements.

One other thing, is it for definite that Paris and not UK are validating the Irish Citizen, previous immigration issues, and under 35 etc? Are you sure that Paris are not just admin checking that all relevant forms are there as per the checklist but that they are not actually checking any information on the forms?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 jehstr

I have just received the same email as lillieme (rejected at stage 2).

I thought i had completed everything as requested, i double and triple checked every page before sending. Once i passed phase 1 i thought it was just a matter of time. This is a big disappointment and i can't do anything now until i receive a letter detailing what went wrong.

I hope maybe they have just made a mistake :confused:

besides medical, criminal, field of work, eligibility for a work permit...the only reasons that people actually get rejected a visa (besides incomplete forms)
    The medical is meant to be on request.
    Criminal.. the person applying should generally know if they have a criminal record.
    Field of work.. it's an open employment visa. Once again, the applicant should realise if they have anything dodgy in their employment history.
    Eligibility.. Irish resident, lives in ireland, under 35. It should not be a surprise to anyone if they are rejected when there were question marks over their citizenship or residency.
    One other thing, is it for definite that Paris and not UK are validating the Irish Citizen, previous immigration issues, and under 35 etc? Are you sure that Paris are not just admin checking that all relevant forms are there as per the checklist but that they are not actually checking any information on the forms?

You're right, it isn't clear what is involved in the stage one check. All I know is it can't be very detailed given the fast turnaround time of reviewing the applications after they are received.

• Advertisement

Hi Jimmy,

Yeah I used the AIB Internet Banking & I chose Urgent at the payment option. I just wanted to get a reply as quickly as possible. It cost 12.00 Euro to use the urgent payment option.You are allowed put in two lines of information on the Wire transfer, so I put in my name, date of birth & the ID Number. I sent the payment then & went into E-Statements in your personal banking. In the E-Statements there was a link showing the details of the transaction with the status of the payment 'Pending'. I printed out that page & then scanned it back in as a PDF. Just be aware that when you go to attach the PDF it needs to be less than 500kb. I just set the resolution lower in the scanned document. Then just hit send. Within an hour I got an Email saying they received my payment options but the status on my Wire transfer didn't change to delivered till later in the day. But it all went through fairly quickly. I'd advise you to choose the Urgent option I'f you want quick clarification, otherwise the normal route could take 3 days to go through & you could be tearing your hair out at that stage.

Best of luck, hope it works out for you.
    Drop me a line If you have any other queries.
    Jeff.

Jeff33 wrote: »
    Within an hour I got an Email saying they received my payment options but the status on my Wire transfer didn't change to delivered till later in the day. But it all went through fairly quickly. I'd advise you to choose the Urgent option I'f you want quick clarification, otherwise the normal route could take 3 days to go through & you could be tearing your hair out at that stage.

Jeff, glad your experience went well but your advice is poor about marking the transfer as urgent is poor. You just said yourself the status of the wire transfer didn't change to delivered until later in the day.

This is because they are going by receipt of the payment confirmation (the PDF) rather than when the money actually hits their bank account.

If anything, paying online can create difficulties, as some online banking services don't allow you to enter enough information and the confirmation page can look like a document you typed up manually.

Hi Techi Fan,

I don't think any advice is poor as It's up to the individual to take on-board the information & make-up their own mind. Plus I was replying to a specific question asked by Jimmy in relation to what I done & what I considered best. So from my point of view the information I provided was not poor as It worked for me & I wanted to share that with other people who may be considering to use Internet Banking. I was made aware from Email correspondance that my payment was received within an hour of sending it so the status of the payment didn't bother me after that. But thanks for you negative comments. Always appreciated.

Jeff.

so sorry to hear that- why did they reject you? Good lord nervous now.

has anyone got through yet who lived abroad for more than 6 months and didn't submit a foreign police cert. I lived in Germany for a year but I didn't submit a german cert based on the following on the website : "I have spent more than six months in another country previously to applying to the IEC. Do I need to submit police certification from this country?

Generally, you are only required to submit a police certificate from the country of which you are a citizen. However, the Visa Section at the High Commission of Canada to the UK reserves the right to ask for police certificates from other countries you have visited or resided in for more than six (6) months over the last five (5) years, should it be deemed necessary."

Gettin nervous now cause it's been over a week since I submitted proof of payment and still haven't received my email to say my forms have gone to London:confused:

People getting rejected after getting passed to London - One of you needs a medical, what about the other one?

They could have rejected it on lack of medical possibly

ok no email AGAIN and I sent proof of payment on 02 February so my money is def there- anyone got any idea how I contact them to follow up on this. This is insane- the money was sent 8 days ago.

ok no email AGAIN and I sent proof of payment on 02 February so my money is def there- anyone got any idea how I contact them to follow up on this. This is insane- the money was sent 8 days ago.

sorry to hear it Louise :(

I know I'd be pretty miffed if that were me

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Paula C

Im the same louise.i sent my money on the tues.it delivered on wed and sent my proof of purchase on thur.so its a week since they received it so i dont know..at all..when did u send ur application in originally.maybe it goes by that?they didnt receive mine til the 25th jan.mayb you get ur email based on ur position in the queue?

• Advertisement

my application was submitted on 28 Jan but so was my boyfriends and he's through to the london stages- have you got your email yet paula?

Advertisement