Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada 2010-2011?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Paula C

Nope no email yet dont worry wer in the same boat and 2of my friends sent their proof of purchase on thur and as far as i know dey havent gotten email either.its so nervewracking but i know they hav my money so wat can we do but wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭louisejscott

if I don't hear anything tomorrow I'm gonna get back on to London and see if they can enquire. It just doesn't make any sense that it's taking this long.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Paula C

Cool and if you do cud u let me know how u get on and if u find out anything?please!should hav nearly gone wit usit and saved myself this stress.its ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭lillieme

Iiv emailed London no response. Has anyone who got an email back from them got an email address i could try, I dunno wha to do, thinkin of applyin through some other way, but dont have my original Birth Cert as its with my original application FFFRRRUUUSTRATED............

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭niva*sis

Jeff33 wrote: »
    Hi Techi Fan,

I don't think any advice is poor as It's up to the individual to take on-board the information & make-up their own mind. Plus I was replying to a specific question asked by Jimmy in relation to what I done & what I considered best. So from my point of view the information I provided was not poor as It worked for me & I wanted to share that with other people who may be considering to use Internet Banking. I was made aware from Email correspondance that my payment was received within an hour of sending it so the status of the payment didn't bother me after that. But thanks for you negative comments. Always appreciated.

Jeff.

Jeff,

i did mine the exact same as u, i paid the extra bit to get it there safely, you have spot on info for people trying to go through this process. its stressful enough as it is..

and tenchi fan its each to their own! this is a site to offer information to some people who are in the darkness not to be pointing out negative views. there is no harm in discussing the various options on how to make the payment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

lillieme wrote: »
    Iiv emailed London no response. Has anyone who got an email back from them got an email address i could try, I dunno wha to do, thinkin of applyin through some other way, but dont have my original Birth Cert as its with my original application FFFRRRUUUSTRATED............

Why did you send your birth cert i can't remember them looking for that on the list ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Not_Too_Xabi

Learning that 2 posters have had their applications rejected having been forwarded to the UK - I feel physically ill.

To say that my life is riding on this visa would not be an over statement. I have been out of work now for a long time and am running out of options and mental strength.

I know there isn't much point in worrying until I get an email to say how it has swung for me but bloody hell that is easier said than done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

What's this about being negative, it isn't anything to do about negativity or positivity.. just trying to save people a few quid.

yeah Its awful but dont lose hope at least you haven heard you were rejected so maybe your still ok fingers crossed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

gustafo wrote: »
    Why did you send your birth cert i can't remember them looking for that on the list ??

They're not looking for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Demo2011

Learning that 2 posters have had their applications rejected having been forwarded to the UK - I feel physically ill.

To say that my life is riding on this visa would not be an over statement. I have been out of work now for a long time and am running out of options and mental strength.

I know there isn't much point in worrying until I get an email to say how it has swung for me but bloody hell that is easier said than done.

I feel the same way & nearly began crying. BUT you are correct, there is nothing anyone can do so try & relax. I wish I had paid for the USIT service now :(

& remember at the moment it seems that no news is good news .

Hi Jejstr,
    What did your letter say exactly just to see if we both have recieved the same letter? Im so dissapointed as you well know too. Please reply if you get my message

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Demo2011

tenchi-fan wrote: »
    They're not looking for it.

Birth cert ???!?

Lillieme , not being funny but why did you send them your birth cert ? Also, can you think of anything on the form you may have made a mistake with ?

Type error and just to claify I did NOT send birth bert I sent GARDA cert.. I dunno can I reapply now until I get my original back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 jehstr

Hi Jejstr,
    What did your letter say exactly just to see if we both have recieved the same letter? Im so dissapointed as you well know too. Please reply if you get my message

Hey.. i got the exact same email that you pasted in the forums earlier. Doesn't really contain any specific details, just tells me i will receive my application back in the post and it will have a checklist with what was wrong.

I was originally thinking it was a mistake as the rejection came from Paris and not London until i saw your post here :(

It is a complete let down, after feeling so good from passing stage 1!

I double and triple checked my app to make sure everything was in order. I am not going to work in teaching or nursing, so no medical was required.

Hopefully it will have clear guidelines on where i went wrong and if i don't request a refund i can use the same proof of payment to re-apply. I'm generally a calm person, but this is stressing me out!!

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭GGirl2010

gdmaestro wrote: »
    I did indeed....
    :confused:

didi you get an email saying FIRST PHASE COMPLETED!!.. ??

I haven clained my money back either just incase they will accept it again.. dont fancy going through the payment again.. Its shockin cos im the same dont see any reason how I was rejected. As for medical I didnt have to include it with my application so def wasn that. Cant think for the life of me what I did wrong. Cant get to talk to anyone either which makes the whole thing more frustrating

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭GGirl2010

Jeff, glad your experience went well but your advice is poor about marking the transfer as urgent is poor. You just said yourself the status of the wire transfer didn't change to delivered until later in the day.

This is because they are going by receipt of the payment confirmation (the PDF) rather than when the money actually hits their bank account.

If anything, paying online can create difficulties, as some online banking services don't allow you to enter enough information and the confirmation page can look like a document you typed up manually.

you stil working away techi-fan.. or do you have to wait on visa approval. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,300 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Paula wrote:
    has anyone got through yet who lived abroad for more than 6 months and didn't submit a foreign police cert. I lived in Germany for a year but I didn't submit a german cert based on the following on the website : "I have spent more than six months in another country previously to applying to the IEC. Do I need to submit police certification from this country?

Generally, you are only required to submit a police certificate from the country of which you are a citizen. However, the Visa Section at the High Commission of Canada to the UK reserves the right to ask for police certificates from other countries you have visited or resided in for more than six (6) months over the last five (5) years, should it be deemed necessary."

Gettin nervous now cause it's been over a week since I submitted proof of payment and still haven't received my email to say my forms have gone to London

I spent a year in Korea, put it down on my application. Have had no problems so far, my application went through paris the same day as most people on here, paid them and got proof of payment sharpish, and the email that said it was sent to london. That was over a week ago....

I too, didn't submit a foreign police cert (i have a request in for one, but won't get it til mid-March!!). If anything, i'd imagine that now it is in london, they would request one from me, if they needed one.
    I don't see the absence of one as a cause for rejection before that, or before the the application left paris.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭den1982

ok no email AGAIN and I sent proof of payment on 02 February so my money is def there- anyone got any idea how I contact them to follow up on this. This is insane- the money was sent 8 days ago.

maybe there is such a back log of forms now and plus they probably have all Usits aswell and only so many get put thru everyday.we'd our paperwork in the minute the IEC opened.i think we better the rush from usit...hold tough.ull be fine

• Advertisement

Jeff, glad your experience went well but your advice is poor about marking the transfer as urgent is poor. You just said yourself the status of the wire transfer didn't change to delivered until later in the day.

This is because they are going by receipt of the payment confirmation (the PDF) rather than when the money actually hits their bank account.

If anything, paying online can create difficulties, as some online banking services don't allow you to enter enough information and the confirmation page can look like a document you typed up manually.

myself and my friend paid thru our internet banking aswell and we paid approx 12euro extra and we'd no problem at all. upload the receipt followin day sayin complete and submit it.we'd absolutely no problem.our paperwork is in london with over a week

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭mfield

I sent my visa application off on Tuesday and received the email asking for the wire transfer this evening.

How did everyone send the transfer?

Can I just send it through on-line banking with the details they need put into the notes box or do you have to go into the bank and do it?

mfield wrote: »
    I sent my visa application off on Tuesday and received the email asking for the wire transfer this evening.

How did everyone send the transfer?

Can I just send it through on-line banking with the details they need put into the notes box or do you have to go into the bank and do it?

personally i ended up doin it thru my internet banking and i paid an extra fee(which it asks u if u like to) online to get it sent. u can go in to see the status of it and i think within 24 hrs hours it was complete and i just uploaded that and submitted it. they got it and sent an e-mail back to say they recieved it... in sayin that if u read thru this thread, other people did it different ways but we are with AIB and this is the method they suggested

den1982 wrote: »
    personally i ended up doin it thru my internet banking and i paid an extra fee(which it asks u if u like to) online to get it sent. u can go in to see the status of it and i think within 24 hrs hours it was complete and i just uploaded that and submitted it. they got it and sent an e-mail back to say they recieved it... in sayin that if u read thru this thread, other people did it different ways but we are with AIB and this is the method they suggested

Grand job, I figured that was the handiest way of doing it alright. Thanks for that.

Grand job, I figured that was the handiest way of doing it alright. Thanks for that.
    what bank are u with???

what bank are u with???

Same as your good-self - AIB.

Hi Jejstr,

can i ask ye how did ye pay the fee????

Same as your good-self - AIB.

the good aul robbers so !!!hahaha. well when me and my buddy went in to our local branch,they said there was only one way to pay it which was an international transfer but the only problem was we had to share the fees which it is clearly highlighted on forms,they were not to be charged a penny so we were totally confused cos AIB said there was no wa they could do this,i rang the embassy and they couldnt give me a straight answer so they advised me to do what my bank tell me....after the full day in and out of the bank and on the phone.they told me to do it thru internet.we did it all in the branch with a lovely lady so it was great and it seemed to have worked but like i say do a bit of research on this and go to ur bank and see what they suggest !!! best of luck
    its going to be one stress haul:D:D:eek::eek:

can i ask ye how did ye pay the fee????

I'm just about to do it now. Are you talking about the fee to send it URGENT (24 hours)?

Do you want me to lodge a few bob into your account too? ;)

• Advertisement

I'm just about to do it now. Are you talking about the fee to send it URGENT (24 hours)?

Do you want me to lodge a few bob into your account too? ;)

ive never said no to a bob yet so fire it away in...hahah.... let me know how u get on.oh ya,put it urgent;)

Advertisement