Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada 2010-2011?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭tipp86

GGirl2010 wrote: »
    you on a visa for toronto or NY? . y wahts wrong with NY..?

Nah rented an apartment in Toronto for 2 months my girlfriend worked. Just down in NY now for a week i was here before aswell.

Dont get me wrong its just everything in NY is tough and Toronto is so soft and polite.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭GGirl2010

tipp86 wrote: »
    Nah rented an apartment in Toronto for 2 months my girlfriend worked. Just down in NY now for a week i was here before aswell.

Dont get me wrong its just everything in NY is tough and Toronto is so soft and polite.

ah ok!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 mysty

I have a permanent job in Ireland so thinking of packing it in to go to Toronto for a year on my own - just for the experience. the thought of going on my own is a bit scary but exciting too.

I have two questions - is it worth packing in my job in ireland and also if so what time of year would you recommend to go?

Thx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

mysty wrote: »
    I have a permanent job in Ireland so thinking of packing it in to go to Toronto for a year on my own - just for the experience. the thought of going on my own is a bit scary but exciting too.

I have two questions - is it worth packing in my job in ireland and also if so what time of year would you recommend to go?

Thx
    i packed my job in a month ago was sick of it! i dont want to be years down the road and regretting not doing this! plus irelands gone to hell!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭brianthelion

Hi Guys I have lived outside of Toronto a city called London Ontario for over 30 years,all you who are coming have nothing to fear Its a great country and you are going to love it if you allow yourself to.If you are coming just to drink and whine,do yourself a favour don,t come.But there is so much to do and to see and the only one who will stop your success will be you.A Proud Canadiaan Born In Dublin

• Advertisement

Thanks beano345. i think you are right - i dont want to regret missed opportunities either. Just reading other posts & i think the move will be harder than i first thought but sure if it doesnt work out worse case scenario i return home!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭can2011

Snooz wrote: »
    Hi,

Myself and my boyfriend are in Canada on the U35 program and we have applied to the IEC for a second year.

We both sent off our forms on 1st February. My boyf has since been accepted and sent his payment and got the email to say it's onto the 2nd phase and on its way to London. All within 10 days of posting the application from Canada.

My application has not even been received yet in Paris. Should I be getting worried? I know there's no consistency as to how long you have to wait for an email from them, everyone seems to have a different story.

But my problem is if they don't receive it by next week, I will have to apply again. But my original police cert will be gone then. It was difficult enough to get an original police cert while living in Canada.

I'll just have to wait another few days and hope that I will hear something early next week. Maybe I should look into getting another original police cert in case my application goes missing?

Yikes - did you send it registered post with a tracking number?
    Did ye include canadian police certs as i am in same situation as you.

anyone get their email today- still no luck for me :confused:
    WHat did you upload as proof?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Snooz

Can2011,

I didn't send it by registered post so I can't track it. Sent my boyf's by regular post and it got there from Canada after 7 days. I'll just have to play the waiting game for another few days.

We don't have to submit a Canadian police cert as far as I know.

As part of the requirement to provide police certification with my IEC application, do I need to provide a Canadian police certificate if I have previously participated in the initiative?
    No. You are not required to provide a copy of a Canadian police certificate with your new application if you have previously participated in the IEC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

Thanks beano345. i think you are right - i dont want to regret missed opportunities either. Just reading other posts & i think the move will be harder than i first thought but sure if it doesnt work out worse case scenario i return home!

defo do it pal, you can always come and go back home if its not for you, but 2-3 years down the line you wont know what your situation might be and you might not be able to come!! dont have regrets:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭lillieme

does any1 knöw f some1 else cn pay ur fee for u through internet banking?.

im starting to get excited!!!!!! mysty have you applied for a visa...

Yeah - I passed the first phase. Must make the payment now so that my application can be sent to London. How about you GGirl2010?

Yeah - I passed the first phase. Must make the payment now so that my application can be sent to London. How about you GGirl2010?

yes.. ah ok. yeah the application form can be a bit demanding. now as in everly littel small error counts just warning you now.. lol.. and some documents are wanted in differnet ways and that. Yeah i applied just waiting on news now.. but wont be for good while id say...

yes.. ah ok. yeah the application form can be a bit demanding. now as in everly littel small error counts just warning you now.. lol.. and some documents are wanted in differnet ways and that. Yeah i applied just waiting on news now.. but wont be for good while id say...
    well we'll keep the fingers crossed and hope for the best :)

well we'll keep the fingers crossed and hope for the best :)

yeah... i know!!!

lillieme wrote: »
    does any1 knöw f some1 else cn pay ur fee for u through internet banking?.

Ya it does not matter who pays, as long as they receive it

Snooz wrote: »
    Can2011,

I didn't send it by registered post so I can't track it. Sent my boyf's by regular post and it got there from Canada after 7 days. I'll just have to play the waiting game for another few days.

We don't have to submit a Canadian police cert as far as I know.

As part of the requirement to provide police certification with my IEC application, do I need to provide a Canadian police certificate if I have previously participated in the initiative?
    No. You are not required to provide a copy of a Canadian police certificate with your new application if you have previously participated in the IEC.

So are we classified as having participated in the IEC previously having gone on a Usit visa?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

Quick question for you guys who have applied, when filling out the first few pages of the application, do you have to fill it in electronically and then print or can you print it out and then fill it in with a pen?

jebuz wrote: »
    Quick question for you guys who have applied, when filling out the first few pages of the application, do you have to fill it in electronically and then print or can you print it out and then fill it in with a pen?
    fill it in electronically and print it apart from the parts that dont let you ie. signatures

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

beano345 wrote: »
    fill it in electronically and print it apart from the parts that dont let you ie. signatures

Thanks beano, I did that and printed it except for the passport fields because I'm waiting on my passport to be renewed. Do you think they would be picky if I filled out the passport fields with pen?

jebuz wrote: »
    Thanks beano, I did that and printed it except for the passport fields because I'm waiting on my passport to be renewed. Do you think they would be picky if I filled out the passport fields with pen?
    no i filled half of mine in with pen! i applied when it first opened and there was problems with filling the application form on computer! just make sure your writing is readable! best of luck with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭jimmybeige

Hi, quick question for anyone who payed the 110 online with AIB.

The details supplied by the embassy are:
    Transfer payable to: PIJ - AMBASSADE DU CANADA
    Bank : BRED Banque Populaire, 66 ave des Champs-Elysées, 75008 Paris

However in the online payment with AIB there is a receivers name feild but nowhere to put the Bank address that's in the second line above. Did you just leave this out? Is it needed?

Thanks!

jimmybeige wrote: »

However in the online payment with AIB there is a receivers name feild but nowhere to put the Bank address that's in the second line above. Did you just leave this out? Is it needed?

Thanks!
    just had a look at mine jimmy you dont need to put the banks address just:PIJ - AMBASSADE DU CANADA in the recievers name part!

Thanks!

yes.. i think the bank address is most important... thing..

yes.. i think the bank address is most important... thing..
    yeah but under the recievers name part it has:recievers IBAN and under that it has:recievers bank SWIFT address/ibc
    i didnt put the address in and mine was fine

Thanks for that Beano. I followed the process like that, and now my online banking has added in the bank address itself automatically I guess based on the details I added..

However it's putting the address down as: 18, QUAI DE LA RAPEE strangely and the email that the embassy sent says it's: 66 ave des Champs-Elysées, 75008 Paris.

I wonder if this is correct? I have added in the bank details as they gave them! Just trying not to mess it up!!

i just googled that first address its the same bank just a different address??:confused: i reckon you should be alrite though once you put in the recievers IBAN and recievers bank SWIFT address/bic! i did my form in the bank and didnt put any addresses on it at all just : pij ambassade du canada

Yea, quite strange. It just added the address itself after I entered the IBAN and recievers bank SWIFT address/bic.

The whole thing now is in my payment log as is currently Pending. Did you just take a printscreen of this as your proof of payment after is goes from Pending to Delivered? Thanks for the help by the way!

• Advertisement

Yea, quite strange. It just added the address itself after I entered the IBAN and recievers bank SWIFT address/bic.

The whole thing now is in my payment log as is currently Pending. Did you just take a printscreen of this as your proof of payment after is goes from Pending to Delivered? Thanks for the help by the way!
    i filled mine out in the bank then scanned it in as a pdf! from what i read on here thats what other people have done using internet banking just taken a screenshot maybe someone whos done it this way can shed some light??

Advertisement