Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada 2010-2011?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Sheebs

Arrived in Vancouver 3 weeks ago with my boyfriend. Got a lovely apartment in Metrotown, Burnaby for 907 per month. My boyfriend is an electrician by trade but started working as a labourer with Pristine Labour for 13bucks an hour. First foot on the ladder for him until he can get work as an electrician.

I've been applying for jobs all day every day (must have sent about 70 resumes at this stage). So far I've had an 1 interview for a call centre in Burnaby, another for a printing assistant on East Hastings and I have my next one for a temp office assistant job in an accountancy firm on Granville next Wednesday. It's taken 2 weeks for me to even here anything back so if money's tight make sure you get on the job hunt ASAP. Hopefully I'll get some good news this week!

Liking it so far but finding it very expensive. All the tax and tipping would break your heart! Going skiing on Seymour next weekend, 100dollars for lesson, lift pass and all the gear so can't wait to do something other than drink ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Snooz

jimmybeige wrote: »
    Yea, quite strange. It just added the address itself after I entered the IBAN and recievers bank SWIFT address/bic.

The whole thing now is in my payment log as is currently Pending. Did you just take a printscreen of this as your proof of payment after is goes from Pending to Delivered? Thanks for the help by the way!

Don't worry about the address. This happened to my friend too when he made his payment with AIB online. The address just automatically goes in. The IBAN no. etc is the most important thing.

After 1 day, the status changed from pending to complete. There's no date on it when it's pending and they ask for a date to be shown on proof of payment.

Then he copied this onto Word and saved it as PDF document and uploaded that as proof of payment. He's onto second phase now so it seemed to have worked.

Hope that helps!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Snooz

can2011 wrote: »
    So are we classified as having participated in the IEC previously having gone on a Usit visa?

That's what it looks like to me. I know some people are saying it's a new visa program but how can it be new if they say 'if you have previously before participated in the IEC'. Just my opinion. Hopefully I'm wrong! If people can get 3 years out if this, then great, I'd be delighted, an extra 2 years here that I never thought possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭jimmybeige

Very helpful, thanks Snooz!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 phelant4

DanCorb wrote: »
    Thanks to everyone's help here, I figured out what to do and I've been receiving some very quick responses.
    • I sent the €110 through AIB online banking on Wednesday the 9th.
    • The payment went through on Thursday the 10th, so I took a screenshot and uploaded my proof of payment.
    • A few hours later on the 10th, I received the email saying they received my proof of payment.
    • The next day, on Friday the 11th, I received the email saying my application has been sent to London.

I haven't had any long waiting times at all.

Same as me.... no waiting times

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭louisejscott

You're both very lucky I've been waiting since 02 February and still haven't heard that my application has gone to London

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Jeff33

Hi Jimmy,

Just a note on your query about the Banking Address I'f your paying your Application Fee by Bank Wire Transfer. Once you get to the page to put in the details the Embassy provided, you throw in the IBAN number as provided which is for the Bank at 66 ave des Champs-Elysées, 75008 Paris. But once you go through to the final page the address will be listed as 18, QUAI DE LA RAPEE, different to the one listed on the form.

I was a bit worried about this also when I paid the fees online, was wondering would my payment be lost & not register at the correct bank. But I completed the transaction with the different address & got confirmation within 24 Hours that they had received my payment. So don't worry, It's just another automated part of the system that doesn't seem to be correct. But It's fine. You should hear confirmation once you send it within a day or so.

Good luck,
    Jeff.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭jimmybeige

Thanks Jeff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 phelant4

Do we know if anyone has received the visa letter of introduction yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

phelant4 wrote: »
    Do we know if anyone has received the visa letter of introduction yet.

Nobody yet

I'd say it'll be towards the end of Feb before people start getting them (at the earliest)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭gdmaestro

Hey guys!
    I've applied for the visa and have been conditionally accepted through the 1st round...i must do a medical etc still so it will take another while! I'm hoping to be in Toronto sometime in June all going well!
    My boyfriend is already over there so accommodation sorted!

I'm a nurse so any info on hospitals, agencies etc would be brill

Also anyone over there who plays trad? any good sessions that i can look forward to!!?

thanks guys,

gettin really excited!:D

anyone get their email?? I'm beginning to think I've been lost in the masses:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Paula C

No email either.im beginning to worry mines been lost in the masses aswel.i emailed them so hopefully il hear something..anything!so ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Hey louise, lots of other people who sent proof off around the same time as you are still waiting

I keep an eye on this thread from a UK forum. It's people going through the process same as us, few of them still waiting for the mail

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=700551&page=32

thanks- this is just so annoying it's an insane system. I have alot riding on this so just very very anxious, especially considering my boyf got his so soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭den1982

lillieme wrote: »
    Hi Jejstr,
    What did your letter say exactly just to see if we both have recieved the same letter? Im so dissapointed as you well know too. Please reply if you get my message

hey there. did u hear anymore back on why u got rejected?? what time did u get that e-mail.....i keep check nearly every hour to see is there summit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭lillieme

hey. no i haven heard anythng bk yet. iv jst reapplied today so fingers crossed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭lillieme

no word bk. i reapplied earlier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭luluslollypop

Sheebs,
    Hi sounds like your doing what I am about to do, applied for my visa and just waiting for my medical now. What kind of jobs are you looking for?
    I'm looking for childcare jobs so if anyone has any avdive on that it would be great. So great that your boyfriend managed to get a job so fast.

I'm heading over with my boyfriend too, so any advice would be great, he works in business and IT.
    How did you decide where to live? did u stay in a hostel for a week or so first so you could see to places?

Thanks and good luck!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭luluslollypop

Hello everyone!!

I'm heading to Vancouver in May for the year with my boyfriend!

I'm working in childcare at the moment and would love to continue that in Vancouver- anyone have any tips on this? I would prefer not to work as a nanny just because I would love to meet new people and nannying can be lonely!!!

Thanks a bunch!!!!

PaulaC you & I still in the same boat...no email :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Paula C

hey ye no email for me either ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭red menace

Just wondering have ye been checking your spam folders just in case it got marked as spam for some reason?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 jimmymorrison

Hey people,just looking for some advice concerning my visa?Im mega pissed off:mad:i sent my documents away last week hoping(and praying) that everything was in order but i got an e-mail from the embassy telling me my visa was refused due to items missing from my file.Received the file in the post yesterday and apparently it was stopped due to me sending a photocopy of my second 3 page IEC form and not a second genuine copy signed.So i taught ok il just get it done,send it away and forget about it but the BIG problem is that when i go to print out a new application kit it says its not possible because my application was received by the embassy in France already!

Anyone got any idea what i should do?I need this visa BIG TIME?

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭GGirl2010

Hey people,just looking for some advice concerning my visa?Im mega pissed off:mad:i sent my documents away last week hoping(and praying) that everything was in order but i got an e-mail from the embassy telling me my visa was refused due to items missing from my file.Received the file in the post yesterday and apparently it was stopped due to me sending a photocopy of my second 3 page IEC form and not a second genuine copy signed.So i taught ok il just get it done,send it away and forget about it but the BIG problem is that when i go to print out a new application kit it says its not possible because my application was received by the embassy in France already!

Anyone got any idea what i should do?I need this visa BIG TIME?

did you get refused on the first phase or the second phase ??.. em to get a new one.. apply from scratch.. like enter in your email address on the new application kit website for ireland. then you wil get a new one issued to your email. your not alloud to apply with same ID number from that of your first one , download certificate...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

Jimmy i think that you need a new download cert, you know the front page with that bar code thing on it.. So i'd imagine you just download another one.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭GGirl2010

jimmymorrison.. jw did you get refused for first phase or second phase??

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭TakeTheVeil

Do you guys reckon it is still worth applying for, considering its mid-February?
    5000 places sounds pretty small to me.. but I'm not sure.

I'm also wondering how long is the wait for a police cert? If its a few weeks, it could be March before my application gets sent off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

Do you guys reckon it is still worth applying for, considering its mid-February?
    5000 places sounds pretty small to me.. but I'm not sure.

I'm also wondering how long is the wait for a police cert? If its a few weeks, it could be March before my application gets sent off.

its a long shot at this stage, but ya havent got much to lose except for a few euro and ya never know

Advertisement