Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada 2010-2011?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭GGirl2010

TechnoPool wrote: »
    i used usit alas , so was really just one phase! i got my visa about 5 weeks after applying

stick with skiing or snowbaording, it'll be very pricey to do both and ya wont really get good at either if your starting from scratch:pac:

lol.. hmm.. yeah i have to learn both haha.... yeah id imagine it woul be pricey.

waits.....

im ago work out... This time im a do the WII FIT!!!.. alllll day ....

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Jeff33

Hi Den,

I will let you know as soon as I know about whether I was acceptted or refused. My application has gone over to phase 2 in London since the start of February, so I'm hoping I should know either way by Mid March at the latest. Will keep you posted.

Good luck,
    Jeff.

Jeff33 wrote: »
    Hi Den,

I will let you know as soon as I know about whether I was acceptted or refused. My application has gone over to phase 2 in London since the start of February, so I'm hoping I should know either way by Mid March at the latest. Will keep you posted.

Good luck,
    Jeff.

Mid march.... lol.. this process is long i have to say. but i think people kind of need to know, bit sooner, to book things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Jeff33

Hi GGirl,

It is a long time to wait for verification of your Application, but the Visa website states the application process is minimum 8 weeks from the date of receiving your documents & the scheme didn't open until the 20th of Jan so at the earliest, the first applications to receive a granted visa would be 20th of March. Sorry that it's a long process but thats when we will hear of the first people getting their visas.

Thanks Jeff.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭den1982

Jeff33 wrote: »
    Hi Den,

Good luck,
    Jeff.
    cheers jeff. my paperwork is in uk two weeks tomorr.fingers crossed im safe enough now. hopefully next e-mail is the letter of introduction:D:Dbut do u seriously think it will be mid march.i was hopin to hear summit by end of next week :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 theajaxkid

Eight weeks is the standard processing time that they're officially saying to people, but I seriously doubt that it'll take eight weeks. They said it would take four weeks in the Paris YMU and it was only one. Even if it does take four weeks in London, that's only five.

The fact that they're allowing people to inquire about their application after eight weeks is clear enough that they're not expecting it to take any longer than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 skibop

Its this type of negative attitude that has Ireland in a mess. Not one visa issued yet(besides the usit ones which was 33%) and people saying its too late....................

• Registered Users Posts: 14,299 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

theajaxkid wrote: »
    Eight weeks is the standard processing time that they're officially saying to people, but I seriously doubt that it'll take eight weeks. They said it would take four weeks in the Paris YMU and it was only one. Even if it does take four weeks in London, that's only five.

^This. I would guess the first people to apply may start getting emails late next week...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Demo2011

retalivity wrote: »
    ^This. I would guess the first people to apply may start getting emails late next week...

I would like to think you are right as I have lots to arrange but why do you think that emails will start to arrive next week ?

Demo2011 wrote: »
    I would like to think you are right as I have lots to arrange but why do you think that emails will start to arrive next week ?
    im think that we should start hearin next week.they say its approx 8 weeks.average person has about 3-4weeks down now..by time a person gets the e-mail and gets their paperwork thru that'll take another week or more..... heads up lads we'll get there in time to get a bit of skiing done.:D

Demo2011 wrote: »

for the reasons given before 8 weeks in total, 4 in france, 4 in england. mine was sent to london 2 and a half weeks ago...much like a few on here. we seem to be the earliest, so hopefully will get a response next week, if not thre week after...

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Swingingdoor

for the reasons given before 8 weeks in total, 4 in france, 4 in england. mine was sent to london 2 and a half weeks ago...much like a few on here. we seem to be the earliest, so hopefully will get a response next week, if not thre week after...

Where did you read that it was 4 weeks in Paris and 4 in England? I don't remember seeing that anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭niva*sis

well lads i plan on celebrating st patricks day in toronto....

who's with me????

i'll have 4 weeks waiting done tmro :D

skibop wrote: »
    Its this type of negative attitude that has Ireland in a mess. Not one visa issued yet(besides the usit ones which was 33%) and people saying its too late....................
    people like u seriously annoy me...only joined and this is ur first post......if u dont like what people are chattin about and how they feeling, well then dont follow this thread and dont be commenting.i dont see anyone else moaning.........NO !!!!

niva*sis wrote: »
    well lads i plan on celebrating st patricks day in toronto....

who's with me????

i'll have 4 weeks waiting done tmro :D

ill be there too....yeeee haaaaaa:D

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭niva*sis

den1982 wrote: »
    people like u seriously annoy me...only joined and this is ur first post......if u dont like what people are chattin about and how they feeling, well then dont follow this thread and dont be commenting.i dont see anyone else moaning.........NO !!!!

i have to agree with den1982
    if i wasnt joined on boards and following this thread i would seriously be tipped over the edge with the stress of this visa.. its comforting to know others are in the same boat.

no ones being negative, they are being realistic, the majority of the country are lookin for these visas and they are being snapped up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭DamienH

I just got my acknowledgement of receipt email yesterday, the post only took 2 days from Ireland (registered). It says that processing time for my application is 6 weeks, is this normal? I'm using USIT cause I'm not at home but I was just wondering. Everybody here seems to be talking about 8 weeks?

The long wait has started, hope I get an email in a week saying it's going to London!

edit: I don't think that the majority of the country are looking for Canadian visas to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Demo2011

I hope you are right ! It would be great to be able to book flights etc. Mine has been in London since the 3rd so by your reckoning a response would come in the next 10-14 days. Thanks for the info.

• Advertisement

DamienH wrote: »
    It says that processing time for my application is 6 weeks, is this normal? I'm using USIT cause I'm not at home but I was just wondering. Everybody here seems to be talking about 8 weeks?
    edit: I don't think that the majority of the country are looking for Canadian visas to be honest.
    Yeah, a few people on the Brit Expats forum are saying the same thing. And aside from the different country names, British and Irish applications are essentially being processed in the same way.

hmm.. yeah 2 weeks for me... well i just think for it really should be less then 8 weeks for the people that have to apply again.. if their documents had any errors and such... LOL.. sorry im just in from the pub.. ill stop now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭jessible

hey guys just a quick q does the download certificate have to be in pdf form? when i click on the link its not in pdf form... it shows the barcode but the web address is displayed at the top and bottom of page. is this rge norm i want to make sure its perfect dont want it sent back

i think that .. for people with jobs of healthcare,working iwth kids, working with biologicals and all other jobs in that category , that need the medical form thingy done., id say this time would be 8 weeks and all other jobs would be 6. Im goiing to chek my email agian that i got, and see if it said 8 weeks.

jessible wrote: »
    hey guys just a quick q does the download certificate have to be in pdf form? when i click on the link its not in pdf form... it shows the barcode but the web address is displayed at the top and bottom of page. is this rge norm i want to make sure its perfect dont want it sent back

em... its has to have your name s, province, middle name , date of birth, type of visa, and the bar code on the bottom.

Where did you read that it was 4 weeks in Paris and 4 in England? I don't remember seeing that anywhere

ive been trying to find where i saw it, and not having any luck, so don't take it as gospel. I was banking on getting this in < 2 weeks, have flights almost ready, insurance, and an apartment in place for march as well. I'm worrying myself now that its gonna take 2,3,4 weeks more....

ive been trying to find where i saw it, and not having any luck, so don't take it as gospel. I was banking on getting this in < 2 weeks, have flights almost ready, insurance, and an apartment in place for march as well. I'm worrying myself now that its gonna take 2,3,4 weeks more....

yes id like to book things now.. b/c that way id know and also cheaper, but since their application was alot, and kind of strict, im going to wait,.....:/

GGirl2010 wrote: »
    hmm.. yeah 2 weeks for me... well i just think for it really should be less then 8 weeks for the people that have to apply again.. if their documents had any errors and such... LOL.. sorry im just in from the pub.. ill stop now!
    Haha, great. First person on the forum to be driven to alcoholism because of the immigration process. By the they actually give us the visas, we'll probably have to stage a mass intervention when we all make it to Canada.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭louisejscott

So everyone still waiting for confirmation that application has been sent to London. I have emailed London, France and Ireland with no reponse from anyone other than look on the website. I submitted my proof of payment on 02 February so this is ridiculous. Anyone got any other suggestions???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 triona10

So everyone still waiting for confirmation that application has been sent to London. I have emailed London, France and Ireland with no reponse from anyone other than look on the website. I submitted my proof of payment on 02 February so this is ridiculous. Anyone got any other suggestions???

My boyfriend and I submitted our proof of payment wednesday. Both of us this email about 10 minutes after that.
    "We hereby confirm that your proof of payment of the International Experience Canada (IEC) participation fee was received at the Youth Mobility Unit of the Embassy of Canada in France on 16-02-2011.
    We will now undertake a final verification of your file. If everything is in order, we will forward it to the Visa Section at the High Commission of Canada in the UK for the second evaluation phase.
    [/I]"

Just to note we paid with AIB online banking. I used standard payment and didn't pay the 12.50 URGENT option. So I now know the Urgent is a waste of money for anyone thinking of doing this especially because I got the notification that my file has been sent to London less than 24 hrs after I paid

The next day Thursday we both received an email
    "We are pleased to inform you that your application has been accepted by the Youth Mobility Unit.
    Your file was forwarded to the Visa Section at the High Commission of Canada in the UK today for the second evaluation phase. If your application is accepted at this stage, a Letter of Introduction will be sent to the email address that you provided on your IEC application form. (No paper copy will be sent.) If you use an anti-spam filter, please configure it to accept messages from the following address: london-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca. Please also check your spam or junk folders to ensure that messages haven’t been filtered out."

Did you get any of these emails? Even the acknowledgement of receipt of payment?

Advertisement