Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada 2010-2011?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭louisejscott

lst email I got was: "
    We hereby confirm that your proof of payment of the International Experience Canada (IEC) participation fee was received at the Youth Mobility Unit of the Embassy of Canada in France on 02-02-2011.
    We will now undertake a final verification of your file. If everything is in order, we will forward it to the Visa Section at the High Commission of Canada in the UK for the second evaluation phase.
    As a reminder, the Visa Section will examine your application in accordance with Canadian immigration law and regulations. If your application is accepted at this stage, a Letter of Introduction will be sent to the email address that you provided on your IEC application form. If your application is rejected by this Section, you will receive a letter by post explaining the reason(s) for the refusal and the Youth Mobility Unit will automatically begin the reimbursement process."

Nothing since- I worried my application has simply been lost in the system

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 triona10

Ok so you've emailed all 3 places and no response. I would ring the IEC Ireland(I remember speaking to them about applying for this a few weekes ago) Number (+ 353 1) 234 4000.

They will probably try a fob you off saying that they have nothing to do with this process but explain to them that you have emailed France and London "umpteen" times and you have no response. Tell them that other people have got an email weeks ago that there application has been sent to London but you haven't heard anything and that you think your application is lost. Ask them could they please give you a number to talk to in London so you can see if your application has been lost. Try and push as much as you can so you get some contact.

Well can I just say rude does not quite descride the attitude of the Canadain Embassey in Dublin. I rang and got a guy who proceeded to scream down the fone and say there is nothing they can do, no they will not contact anyone and tough- only he didn't say it quite so nicely!!!

I have never been spoken to like that in all my life and if I had my visa already I would make an official complaint. So basically they have taken my money - as I have checked it has left my bank account and then ignored me for nearly 3 weeks so far.

Any other suggestions or should I just accept as this stage that I have actually been robbed of my application fee as any other conclusion makes absolutly no sense.

Seriously the attitude I have encountered has me considering whether Canada is really the place for me at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭luluslollypop

Sheebs,
    Thanks sooooo much for your reply really helpful info there!! We just booked our flights for 5th May so we are very excited!! :)
    Will def be looking into Burnaby as it seems to be quite reasonabley priced.
    Hope all your interviews went really well! I'm already looking on Craigslist for jobs!! A little bit too far ahead, but there seems to be a lot of childcare jobs out there so i'm keeping my fingers crossed!

How did you find the Samesun Hostel? I have been reading reveiws about it and people have said it is a bit dirty, but location wise it's meant to be great?

I really appreciate the reply my boyfrind is very excited about the thrift store and now has his heart set on doing all his shopping there!!! :p

Thanks again!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭luluslollypop

Louisejscott,
    That sound very strange after I got my fee acceptence e mail for the fee, the next day they told me it was sent to the youth mobilty unit and I applied with 2 other people and they got the same thing even though we all applied and paid seperatly.

I am also shocked about how they are treating you, you should have heard one way or another by now and it is very strange that you haven't.
    I cannot believe they will not listen to you, I feel bad and I do not know what you should do, but it is strange, and I know a lot of people in Canada and I have never heard of this problem with their visas.

Kepp us informed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 triona10

thats shocking. Sorry you had to go through that. Not sure what else to say. Maybe try the IEC london? Not sure now. I wouldn't give up though.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭GGirl2010

Sheebs,
    Thanks sooooo much for your reply really helpful info there!! We just booked our flights for 5th May so we are very excited!! :)
    Will def be looking into Burnaby as it seems to be quite reasonabley priced.
    Hope all your interviews went really well! I'm already looking on Craigslist for jobs!! A little bit too far ahead, but there seems to be a lot of childcare jobs out there so i'm keeping my fingers crossed!

How did you find the Samesun Hostel? I have been reading reveiws about it and people have said it is a bit dirty, but location wise it's meant to be great?

I really appreciate the reply my boyfrind is very excited about the thrift store and now has his heart set on doing all his shopping there!!! :p

Thanks again!!

might be a bit too soon to book flights....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭FreeAnd..

to be honest, at the beginning when they say how long processing the file takes they are pretty clear about not contacting them until that time has passed
    For your information, the processing time that applies to your file is: 8 weeks. We remind you that due to the high number of applications received, we will not respond to any questions regarding your file during this period.

no where does it state a breakdown between the steps i.e. approval, payment acceptance etc and just because everyone is different is no reason to worry and keep trying to contact the various embassies...it may be stressful but there is little you can do and I dont think constantly annoying the different depts will get you nowhere...(unless they decide to reject you for not following the correct procedures clearly laid out)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭FreeAnd..

also - i think the following is pretty clear
    In the event that you have not received an email or letter informing you of the Embassy or High Commission of Canada’s decision after the total processing time indicated in the Acknowledgement of Receipt email has passed, you may inform the Embassy of this situation by sending them an email. The address is available on the following page: www.ireland.gc.ca.

You may send an email regarding your application ONLY in this situation.

We remind you that due to the high number of applications received, we will not respond to any questions regarding your file during the processing period.

I agree however- everyone else seems to have gotten confirmation that their application has been sent to London so it seems highly unusual that I all of the sudden seem to be receiving no correspondance at all. I would assume it is an automated process and as such everyone receives indentical emails- that certainly seems to be the way so far.

I wouldn't be as concerned if people weren't receiving emails but it is very easy with so many applications going though for 1 or 2 to simply get lost in the process.

Either way all I can so now is wait and hope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Wanderer81

Only Posted my Application yesterday after the the disaster of trying to get a police cert,haven't got a hope in hell of getting a visa this late but worth a try.Good luck to everyone I'm sure youse will all be fine,I'm hopin for the best but prepared for the worst.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

Wanderer81 wrote: »
    Only Posted my Application yesterday after the the disaster of trying to get a police cert,haven't got a hope in hell of getting a visa this late but worth a try.Good luck to everyone I'm sure youse will all be fine,I'm hopin for the best but prepared for the worst.
    i wouldnt give up hope yet i know someone whos application arrived tuesday and was accepted on wednesday!best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

are you mental?

I'd say the visas aren't half gone yet

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭jimmybeige

No one really knows how many are gone so until they announce they're all gone keep trying!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭jessible

GGirl2010 wrote: »
    em... its has to have your name s, province, middle name , date of birth, type of visa, and the bar code on the bottom.

jimmybeige wrote: »
    No one really knows how many are gone so until they announce they're all gone keep trying!

^^^^^^

Her Wanderer81 Im in the exact same boat I just received my passport today which I was waiting on sent off my application there awhile ago hopefully we should be ok fingers crossed :)

Well 3 weeks later- emails in several languages and finally through to the London stage !!! Paula C good luck if your still waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

great news louise, delighted for you!

Well 3 weeks later- emails in several languages and finally through to the London stage !!! Paula C good luck if your still waiting
    congratulations louise hope the rest of yous get your email soon!:D

• Advertisement

jessible wrote: »
    Her Wanderer81 Im in the exact same boat I just received my passport today which I was waiting on sent off my application there awhile ago hopefully we should be ok fingers crossed :)

so did you have all your forms right?... all signed, two copies of 3page iec, originally signed in places. original police cert, two declaration forms, visa,IEC, additional info, all forms signed and dated in pen.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭den1982

delighted for u girl.we're all in the same boat now !!!!!!!

so did you have all your forms right?... all signed, two copies of 3page iec, originally signed in places. original police cert, two declaration forms, visa,IEC, additional info, all forms signed and dated in pen.

I only sent the one declaration form. Do you have to send two? It didnt state on the checklist that you needed two declaration forms. I had the download cert, checklist, 3pg iec with passport photos, photocopy of passport, additional info, warning misrep is a crime, cv, original police cert. Then second copy of iec with passport photos signed, wit proof of funds and declarion form. I made sure I signed everything. I just hope its ok

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭DamienH

DamienH wrote: »
    I just got my acknowledgement of receipt email yesterday, the post only took 2 days from Ireland (registered). It says that processing time for my application is 6 weeks, is this normal? I'm using USIT cause I'm not at home but I was just wondering. Everybody here seems to be talking about 8 weeks?

The long wait has started, hope I get an email in a week saying it's going to London!
    Just an update of this. I got the email above yesterday and I got the conditional acceptance today, I should get someone to go to the bank for me by Tuesday so hopefully it shouldn't take too long after that to get everything to London!

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭den1982

i know im throwing this up out of place. but does anyone know a good area to kinda head for in toronto....good irish area,not too expensive and not far from the sea????? any tips????:D

den1982 wrote: »
    i know im throwing this up out of place. but does anyone know a good area to kinda head for in toronto....good irish area,not too expensive and not far from the sea????? any tips????:D
    lol toronto is beside lake ontario not the sea although its a massive lake!:D theres an area along the lakefront in toronto called beaches it looks nice as for irish areas i dont really know! this sites helpful : http://www.boldts.net/Toronto.shtml#map

jessible wrote: »
    I only sent the one declaration form. Do you have to send two? It didnt state on the checklist that you needed two declaration forms. I had the download cert, checklist, 3pg iec with passport photos, photocopy of passport, additional info, warning misrep is a crime, cv, original police cert. Then second copy of iec with passport photos signed, wit proof of funds and declarion form. I made sure I signed everything. I just hope its ok

NO!!!!!.... jessible... yes it is strictly two.... oh ohhhhhh... jessible. its the visa and the IEC two page form that has to be tiked all the boxes one and then signed.. and the visa on is the missinterpretation one. jessible yeah i did that for mine i had copied the photo id on the bottom of the second one and yeah signe in origianl in places, you can do it on pc and places where it ont allow you to sign do it in pen. make sure it has original signatures in both first form and second copy of it. BUT JESSIBLE , about the declaration forms you are ment to have the two of them in. visa one and hte IEC one, you missed the iec one yeah. OK, go sign up from scratch for a new download kit, with a new download certificate, you not alloud to send with same pervious one, has to be new, and fil it out on the pc , the pc allows for feils if oyu want to fil out and half with pen, which ever. YOU HAVE TO DO THIS NOW THAT YOU LEFT YOUR YOUR IEC TWO PAGE FORM. OUT. do you get me..? also wait until you get your documents back as you need your original police cert. ok ?

at the end of the checklist it does say iec declaration form ...

NO!!!!!.... jessible... yes it is strictly two.... oh ohhhhhh... jessible. its the visa and the IEC two page form that has to be tiked all the boxes one and then signed.. and the visa on is the missinterpretation one. jessible yeah i did that for mine i had copied the photo id on the bottom of the second one and yeah signe in origianl in places, you can do it on pc and places where it ont allow you to sign do it in pen. make sure it has original signatures in both first form and second copy of it. BUT JESSIBLE , about the declaration forms you are ment to have the two of them in. visa one and hte IEC one, you missed the iec one yeah. OK, go sign up from scratch for a new download kit, with a new download certificate, you not alloud to send with same pervious one, has to be new, and fil it out on the pc , the pc allows for feils if oyu want to fil out and half with pen, which ever. YOU HAVE TO DO THIS NOW THAT YOU LEFT YOUR YOUR IEC TWO PAGE FORM. OUT. do you get me..? also wait until you get your documents back as you need your original police cert. ok ?

It doesnt say newhere on my checklist about submitting 2 declaration forms this is the checklist I received:

[FONT=+CourierNew][FONT=+CourierNew]
    - [/FONT][/FONT]The Download Certificate
    - [/FONT][/FONT]This Checklist, duly completed, signed and dated
    - [/FONT][/FONT]The 3-page IEC application form, duly completed, signed and dated with:
    - [/FONT][/FONT]2 identity photos
    - [/FONT][/FONT]Clearly legible photocopy of the identification pages of your passport
    - [/FONT][/FONT]The [FONT=Arial,Italic][FONT=Arial,Italic]“Additional Information” [/FONT][/FONT]2-page form of the High Commission of Canada,
    duly completed, signed, and date
    - [/FONT][/FONT]The “[FONT=Arial,Italic][FONT=Arial,Italic]Warning: Misrepresentation Is A Crime” [/FONT][/FONT]form of the High Commission of
    Canada, duly completed and signed
    - [/FONT][/FONT]Your complete and up-to-date résumé / C.V.
    [FONT=+CourierNew][FONT=+CourierNew]- [/FONT][/FONT]A GARDA Police Certificate

- A second copy of the 3-page IEC application form, duly completed, signed, and
    dated, with:
    - [/FONT][/FONT]“Proof of Funds - Candidate Form” (or bank equivalent)
    Or, if a third party is providing the funds, include:
    - “Proof of Funds - Third Party Form” (or bank equivalent)
    - Letter signed by this person
    - Photocopy of an identity document for this person, showing his/her
    signature
    [FONT=+CourierNew][FONT=+CourierNew]- [/FONT][/FONT]The “[FONT=Arial,Italic][FONT=Arial,Italic]Declaration Form” [/FONT][/FONT]for the IEC
    [/FONT][/FONT]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 obeara

Jessible has said above that he/she included the required 1 copy of IEC declaration form and the visa section misrepresentaion declaration form

• Advertisement

i done my mates application the other day the checklist has changed it is only one declaration form now! anyways he got accepted!

Advertisement