Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada 2010-2011?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭GGirl2010

jessible wrote: »
    It doesnt say newhere on my checklist about submitting 2 declaration forms this is the checklist I received:

[FONT=+CourierNew][FONT=+CourierNew]
    -
    [/FONT][/FONT]
    The Download Certificate

-
    [/FONT][/FONT]
    This Checklist, duly completed, signed and dated

-
    [/FONT][/FONT]
    The 3-page IEC application form, duly completed, signed and dated with:

-
    [/FONT][/FONT]
    2 identity photos

-
    [/FONT][/FONT]
    Clearly legible photocopy of the identification pages of your passport

-
    [/FONT][/FONT]
    The [FONT=Arial,Italic][FONT=Arial,Italic]“Additional Information” [/FONT][/FONT]2-page form of the High Commission of Canada,

duly completed, signed, and date

-
    [/FONT][/FONT]
    The “[FONT=Arial,Italic][FONT=Arial,Italic]Warning: Misrepresentation Is A Crime” [/FONT][/FONT]form of the High Commission of

Canada, duly completed and signed

-
    [/FONT][/FONT]
    Your complete and up-to-date résumé / C.V.

[FONT=+CourierNew][FONT=+CourierNew]- [/FONT][/FONT]A GARDA Police Certificate

-
    A second copy of the 3-page IEC application form, duly completed, signed, and

dated, with:

-
    [/FONT][/FONT]
    “Proof of Funds - Candidate Form” (or bank equivalent)

Or, if a third party is providing the funds, include:
    - “Proof of Funds - Third Party Form” (or bank equivalent)
    - Letter signed by this person
    - Photocopy of an identity document for this person, showing his/her
    signature
    [FONT=+CourierNew][FONT=+CourierNew]- [/FONT][/FONT]The “[FONT=Arial,Italic][FONT=Arial,Italic]Declaration Form” [/FONT][/FONT]for the IEC
    [/FONT][/FONT]

em.. see you see above here.... ^^^ declaration form for the IEC.. thats the form ... for the iec sectioning.. with all the boxes. OH have you included this form have you. sorry jessible did you mean a copy. its one of each anyways.

jessible... my appologies sorry i took you up wrong. i meant two dec forms as in one iec and one visa , missrepresentation form. gah.. i did not mean two copies of the iec . one of each. ok i owe you a drink for this.. gahh. youl get accepted. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭gdmaestro

Got my email today too to say its gone to london! woo hoo!

I have a new question now though....anyone have any idea about the medical? is it at the very end that we do that or during the london stage?....for those of us that it applies to!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Paula C

Only gettin on boards now!wooooooooooooooo yehhhhhhhhhhh got my email aswell today sooooooo happy!its a great day!my boyfriend rang me with the good news today wen i was out in the pub so i was never so happy to have a drink in my hand!!!!!!!so delighted now after 2 weeks of waiting!!!!my friends got the email aswell today so it seems like a few are getting it!happy days!delighted to hear u got it aswell Louise we can breathe easy for a while.in the same boat as everyone else!

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭den1982

beano345 wrote: »
    lol toronto is beside lake ontario not the sea although its a massive lake!:D theres an area along the lakefront in toronto called beaches it looks nice as for irish areas i dont really know! this sites helpful : http://www.boldts.net/Toronto.shtml#map
    hey beano....ya we'd a look at that area,kinda expensive but i need to be by water.loving boatin and sailing....i want to occupy myself the min i landed just in case i get home sick......lol..... and if i get home sick after all the stress ive gone thru to get him,the lads with me will bate me :P:P:eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

den1982 wrote: »
    hey beano....ya we'd a look at that area,kinda expensive but i need to be by water.loving boatin and sailing....i want to occupy myself the min i landed just in case i get home sick......lol..... and if i get home sick after all the stress ive gone thru to get him,the lads with me will bate me :P:P:eek::eek:
    i know the feeling live beside the beach meself..hard to be away from it!ah i think everyone gets a little homesick especially when things arent working out.i remeber having no money and living in a car in australia..then had it stolen on me:eek: homesick wasnt the word lol

i know the feeling live beside the beach meself..hard to be away from it!ah i think everyone gets a little homesick especially when things arent working out.i remeber having no money and living in a car in australia..then had it stolen on me:eek: homesick wasnt the word lol

i think i will get homesick, but being busy will help... aww in a car in oz.. and stolen WOW!!!. sound like alot of fun!!

GGirl2010 wrote: »
    i think i will get homesick, but being busy will help... aww in a car in oz.. and stolen WOW!!!. sound like alot of fun!!
    yeah it was great! lol i went into a shopping centre to spend my last 5 dollars on food and when i came out...gone..plane tickets and everything! seriously if the plane had of pulled up in front of me i would have got on it!:D think your right keeping busy will keep the homesickness at bay!

yeah it was great! lol i went into a shopping centre to spend my last 5 dollars on food and when i came out...gone..plane tickets and everything! seriously if the plane had of pulled up in front of me i would have got on it!:D think your right keeping busy will keep the homesickness at bay!

yup... yup... indeed... how did oyu get home...

yup... yup... indeed... how did oyu get home...
    eventually got it back long story!:D

• Advertisement

lol... ah sure.. i geuss if i was in your boat... they would have give me a free flight anyway.. and kick me out. seen as i would be an illigal alien roaming streets of oz... haha..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭luluslollypop

Oh delighted for you both, so happy you got to the London stage!! Another few weeks of a wait now!!!

gdmaestro- I'm in the same boat waiting for my medical. I think that we should get an e mail in the next couple of weeks, before we get accpeted, stating when and where we have to do the medical. I applied with 2 people who do not need medicals so i am guessing they will get accpeted around the same time I get my medical instructions, thats my take on it.

"Reminder: If a medical examination is required, you should anticipate an extra three to four week processing time, in addition to the processing time that applies to your file."

Hope that helps!! When did you apply first day? I'd love to compare with someone in the same boat as me! I applied 7/2/11.

Thanks!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭gdmaestro

Oh delighted for you both, so happy you got to the London stage!! Another few weeks of a wait now!!!

gdmaestro- I'm in the same boat waiting for my medical. I think that we should get an e mail in the next couple of weeks, before we get accpeted, stating when and where we have to do the medical. I applied with 2 people who do not need medicals so i am guessing they will get accpeted around the same time I get my medical instructions, thats my take on it.

"Reminder: If a medical examination is required, you should anticipate an extra three to four week processing time, in addition to the processing time that applies to your file."

Hope that helps!! When did you apply first day? I'd love to compare with someone in the same boat as me! I applied 7/2/11.

Thanks!!

I applied on 4/2/11 so not much difference between us!!
    thanks for the info...hopefully we wont be waiting too long!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭jessible

jessible... my appologies sorry i took you up wrong. i meant two dec forms as in one iec and one visa , missrepresentation form. gah.. i did not mean two copies of the iec . one of each. ok i owe you a drink for this.. gahh. youl get accepted. :)

phewh u got me worried there for a sec hopefully its ok just have to wait tho ... hope i get an email soon shud arrive on weds hopefully

jessible wrote: »
    phewh u got me worried there for a sec hopefully its ok just have to wait tho ... hope i get an email soon shud arrive on weds hopefully

yeah youl know by tuesday.. i hate this process, very strict, and its ony a year visa. pft. still waiting on mine. worried about small little thing i did on the copy of the iec, but i think it was ok cause i had filed in in places. hmm they possibly could have fixed it seen as it was minor. HMM anyway. its a waiting game. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,299 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

the longer this is taking, the more i'm losing the will to live.
    I dont know if its because im older, wiser, more worldly, or the current
    state of the country, i've never wanted to see the back of ireland more than I do now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭louisejscott

join the gang sooner I get out of this country the better- nothin to look forward to hear...roll on Canada:D

grrrr to phase 2....

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Jeff33

Hi guys,

I think its coming near time for the applications in phase 2 to be verified. My application is currently in phase 2 in London for the past 2/3 weeks & I haven't heard anything since it moved to phase 2. Has anyone been granted yet or got any information on the status of their application. It's been very quiet regarding any info from the Embassy, is that good? I suppose no news is good news. This waiting game is stressful stuff.

Best of luck everyone in the process,

Jeff.

Jeff33 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I think its coming near time for the applications in phase 2 to be verified. My application is currently in phase 2 in London for the past 2/3 weeks & I haven't heard anything since it moved to phase 2. Has anyone been granted yet or got any information on the status of their application. It's been very quiet regarding any info from the Embassy, is that good? I suppose no news is good news. This waiting game is stressful stuff.

Jeff.

i want my medical form !! want it now !!! GRR .. LOL...

• Advertisement

oh jesus if that happened me now it would be all over anyway :D:D i think id just throw myself out on the road and hope i got a slap of sumit.....hahaha

Jeff33 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Jeff.

ya im the same as you so hopefully we will hear summit by the end of the week.....i just want to get the letter of introduction and take it easy.its been so stressfull:D......

they cant possibly refuse us can they?? i mean if all our docs and additional identification papers were in and not many errors how can they ... hmm id say maby down to eligibility and what backround/ type of work you have ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

they cant possibly refuse us can they?? i mean if all our docs and additional identification papers were in and not many errors how can they ... hmm id say maby down to eligibility and what backround/ type of work you have ...

They can always refuse, for some strange reason they can come up with

retalivity wrote: »
    the longer this is taking, the more i'm losing the will to live.
    I dont know if its because im older, wiser, more worldly, or the current
    state of the country, i've never wanted to see the back of ireland more than I do now.
    id say we are all in tha same boat and the sooner it starts sailing the better........:D:D:D:D

TechnoPool wrote: »
    They can always refuse, for some strange reason they can come up with

yeah ...they can....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

yeah ...they can....

but sure thats not gonna happen ;)

TechnoPool wrote: »
    but sure thats not gonna happen ;)

;)... indeed!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Spiderlfc

Hi All,

I applied to the Canadian Embassy for the one year Visa and got the conditional acceptance, I than paid the €110 to the bank in Paris within the 10 days and got the proof of funds receipt.

The problem I think Im having is a friend paid the money on the same day as me and within 3 days he received an email telling him that his application had been passed to the Embassy in London for the final stage where I did not.

Im half thinking I made a mistake here or there may be a back log but obviously anxious to find out.

Has anyone else had this problem and if so did they receive a letter back from the YMU or whats the process??Its been a week and a half now. Any ida ho long it ould take for the YMU to send the letter???

Any help would be great thanks!

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 402 ✭✭C@non

Hello everyone!!

I'm heading to Vancouver in May for the year with my boyfriend!

I'm working in childcare at the moment and would love to continue that in Vancouver- anyone have any tips on this? I would prefer not to work as a nanny just because I would love to meet new people and nannying can be lonely!!!

Thanks a bunch!!!!

HEy Luluslollypop,

did you receive your visa letter yet? or did you just go ahead and book your flights anyway?

Advertisement