Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada 2010-2011?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭luluslollypop

We only got through the first stage, so they are in London now but we booked anyway we got a good deal- even if we don't get them we'll be going on a holiday!!

Hopefully it won't be a problem though.:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 402 ✭✭C@non

hehe ok..
    i'd love to do book mine as well, i just end up booking it for next week! so im holding off until i receive confirmation :)
    you can always go and stay for a bit and when it eventually comes through head to NY or bufallow for the night and activete your visa when you get back across to canada via immigration.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭luluslollypop

Ya I heard that alright so i'm not too worried!! hopefully May will be enough time to get us there but if not i'll have a nice holiday!!

I still have to do a medical too so thats gonna be an extra few weeks on top of the normal waiting time!

So exciting- I just want to be gone!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,299 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

does nobody backread?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Jeff33

Hi Spider,

There is a few posts in relation to your situation further back in the posts. But I wouldn't worry yet as from reading those posts 2 mates applied at the same time & paid the Visa fees at the same time but they were getting verification Emails at different times so you should be ok. Your Application could be dealt with a differnet Visa Officer to your mates application so that could be one reason. But keep the faith, you should hear something by the end of the week.

Best of luck Jeff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭GGirl2010

is there anybody waiting up to 4 weeks up till now for the visa ...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 shikaka

Yes, YMU recieved my application kit on the 19th of jan, it passed the first evaluation phase on the 2nd of feb and was forwarded on to London on the 2nd of feb, nearly 3 weeks now and no word back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭red menace

retalivity wrote: »
    does nobody backread?

Nope no one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

red menace wrote: »
    Nope no one!
    speaking of back reading seen this question on another thread but cant find it! does anyone know if it would be ok to pay the visa fee from someone elses bank account?

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

I paid the money from a different account than the one I used in my proof of funds document

got accepted no problem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Jeff33

Hi Beano,

I don't think there would be any problem of paying the Visa fee from a different account to the one you submit showing your proof of funds. There is no conditions in the application stating that the proof of funds & the payment of the Visa Fee have to come from the same account. I don't think they mind which account you pay from as long as they receive the fee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭jessible

Well my application was received in Paris today i seem to be behind everyone else hope i dont have to wait very long for the fee request..

• Registered Users Posts: 8 munchie

hi all my app was sent to london the 8th of feb havnt heard anything since so so stressfull

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Spiderlfc

Jeff33 wrote: »
    Hi Spider,

There is a few posts in relation to your situation further back in the posts. But I wouldn't worry yet as from reading those posts 2 mates applied at the same time & paid the Visa fees at the same time but they were getting verification Emails at different times so you should be ok. Your Application could be dealt with a differnet Visa Officer to your mates application so that could be one reason. But keep the faith, you should hear something by the end of the week.

Best of luck Jeff.

Cheers for that!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Jimmmy McNulty

Couple of my friends were granted their visa extension today! Much quicker than 8 weeks it appears! Hopeful that I get mine in the next week or so now..

Couple of my friends just got granted their visa today for an additional year! The processing time seems to be much less than 8 weeks! Goos news..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

shikaka wrote: »
    Yes, YMU recieved my application kit on the 19th of jan, it passed the first evaluation phase on the 2nd of feb and was forwarded on to London on the 2nd of feb, nearly 3 weeks now and no word back.
    Mine was forwarded on the 4th of Feb. It looks like they're starting to give out visas now though which is good. Hopefully they don't give them out to all the lads over there already first and leave the rest of us waiting a few more weeks.

Hopefully we'll all have them by the end of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 sweetlikejelly

Couple of my friends were granted their visa extension today! Much quicker than 8 weeks it appears! Hopeful that I get mine in the next week or so now..

Hi Jimmy,

Any idea of the times your friends waited? Like when they entered the second stage? That might help us figure out the wait time once it gets to London.

Hi Jimmy,

Any idea of the times your friends waited? Like when they entered the second stage? That might help us figure out the wait time once it gets to London.

O...O..o .. yeah how long jimmy ?? ...

Hi Jimmy,

Will find out the date their application was sent to London and get back to you..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Demo2011

Will find out the date their application was sent to London and get back to you..

Visa's issued already ?

Anyone else heard this ?

It would be very excellent if it were true. I only hope that I get one soon too :-)

Jimmy - please do share whatever info you have & put us all out of our misery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Birdster

Demo2011 wrote: »
    Visa's issued already ?

Anyone else heard this ?

It would be very excellent if it were true. I only hope that I get one soon too :-)

Jimmy - please do share whatever info you have & put us all out of our misery.

What stage are you at Demo?

Mine went to London last Friday so I'm hopeful by end March I'll have something to wave around :D

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Demo2011

Birdster wrote: »
    What stage are you at Demo?

Mine went to London last Friday so I'm hopeful by end March I'll have something to wave around :D

Been in Phase II since the first week of Feb & very much hoping that if Jimmy's mates were issued with something today then perhaps I will get a positive email myself later in the week or early next. Fingers crossed for everyone :D

Hey people,just looking for some advice concerning my visa?Im mega pissed off:mad:i sent my documents away last week hoping(and praying) that everything was in order but i got an e-mail from the embassy telling me my visa was refused due to items missing from my file.Received the file in the post yesterday and apparently it was stopped due to me sending a photocopy of my second 3 page IEC form and not a second genuine copy signed.So i taught ok il just get it done,send it away and forget about it but the BIG problem is that when i go to print out a new application kit it says its not possible because my application was received by the embassy in France already!

Anyone got any idea what i should do?I need this visa BIG TIME?

JW...for this in the second copy did you have any feilds in pen wrote in like, and copy of the photo id on the bottom of it. i think i was close to not having any feilds writen in , but i ended up filling some feilds in pen (not many ) but some, rest was all copy , for that of the second copy now. YIKES !!! had the photo ID copied aslo for the second copy not sure it that helped it. didnt get refused by this anyways. did oyu fix this problem inthe end.

Hey,

Sorry slow replying, was offline there for a while. I was chatting to my friend on the phone there. He says it is slightly over three since he got an e-mail saying his application was sent to London for phase II of the process.

He received an e-mail today with his name, application number, etc.. He says the e-mail is his new visa and that he expects no more correspondence from the Canadian Embassy.

I would expect an e-mail if I'm successful on 3rd March if it follows the same time scale! Here's hoping!

Jimmy

• Registered Users Posts: 14,299 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

i know have everything crossed, as my 3 weeks was yesterday...

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Teebco

WOO HOO.
    Just got my visa. So delighted!

FYI - I was waiting exactly 3 weeks today.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 munchie

well done!is this your first year visa or are u in canada already and its your seconed one

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Teebco

munchie wrote: »
    well done!is this your first year visa or are u in canada already and its your seconed one

1st time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭gdmaestro

Teebco wrote: »
    WOO HOO.
    Just got my visa. So delighted!

FYI - I was waiting exactly 3 weeks today.

well done Teebco! keep the fingers crossed for the rest of us!

Advertisement