Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada 2010-2011?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 obeara

Teebco wrote: »
    WOO HOO.
    Just got my visa. So delighted!

FYI - I was waiting exactly 3 weeks today.

Congrats! Im 3 weeks today as well since sent to london. No email yet though :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭den1982

1st time.
    well done.hopefully we all start gttin them now... can i ask what time did u get the actually e-mail so i can keep checking my e-mails that time:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭niva*sis

WOO HOO.
    Just got my visa. So delighted!

FYI - I was waiting exactly 3 weeks today.

excellent news teebco

just to be completely anal about it what hour of the day did u get that email???

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Teebco

den1982 wrote: »
    well done.hopefully we all start gttin them now... can i ask what time did u get the actually e-mail so i can keep checking my e-mails that time:D:D:D

Hi,
    The email was received at:

Tue 22/02/2011 17:47

I'm sure they're all on the way now and we can start stressing over insurance, flights and where to live etc :)

Hi,
    The email was received at:

Tue 22/02/2011 17:47

I'm sure they're all on the way now and we can start stressing over insurance, flights and where to live etc :)
    thanks for that. ah u must be thrilled,ur sooooo lucky....when u thinkin of heading over

• Advertisement

obeara wrote: »
    Congrats! Im 3 weeks today as well since sent to london. No email yet though :eek:
    ull get it at 5.47 this evenin so check ur e-mail then......:D

den1982 wrote: »
    ull get it at 5.47 this evenin so check ur e-mail then......:D

Hopefully! 6 hours to wait :D

obeara wrote: »
    Hopefully! 6 hours to wait :D
    ive to wait til friday evenin to see do i get mine and by god ill hit the booze for the weekend and party if i do !!!!!!:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,299 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

I just got my letter of introduction :)

thank f*ck!!!

and I just got my letter of introduction!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭louisejscott

that's brilliant- nice to hear of people getting through

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭GGirl2010

retalivity wrote: »

thank f*ck!!!

LOL..!! will you be going out to party?

GGirl2010 wrote: »
    LOL..!! will you be going out to party?

no...ive to transfer money later for an apartment, and pay for flights and insurance.
    no partying for me til im over there

thank f*ck!!!

well done! looks like these emails are coming through any time. refreshing my email non stop now :D

no...ive to transfer money later for an apartment, and pay for flights and insurance.
    no partying for me til im over there

AH ok.. yeah money is tight!!... maby have drinks b4 your flight!! ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 shikaka

Just got my visa, 3weeks to the day since it was sent to London, time to book flights, best of luck to you guys the visa's are coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Great to hear it!

Judging by the three week timescale, I should hear word in a week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 theajaxkid

I also got my visa today. Which is lucky.. because I fly out to Toronto tomorrow morning! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 bphilis

I paid the 110 euro IEC participation fee on Tuesday on one of them ksk machines in the AIB (because I was directed to do so!) and it went through, however I didnt put down my name on the transaction as I thought it would be automatically assigned to my account. I put down my I.D No. and D.O.B though. As they asked for the name on the email they sent on how to pay im now a little worried.
    Today (Wednesday) I sent the Proof of Payment form to the IEC and they recieved it and sent me a reciept.
    Did anyone have the same problem as me at all?
    I already rang the Bank in France and they told me to ring the Embassy (in France) although im finding it hard to find any contact numbers.
    I just want to put my mind at ease and make sure everythings ok so I wont have to reapply all over again from the start!
    If anyone has any info it would be well appreciated.. thanks!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Roonbox

does anyone know if all Visas for canada have been given for 2011 already?

liam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

bphilis wrote: »
    I paid the 110 euro IEC participation fee on Tuesday on one of them ksk machines in the AIB (because I was directed to do so!) and it went through, however I didnt put down my name on the transaction as I thought it would be automatically assigned to my account. I put down my I.D No. and D.O.B though. As they asked for the name on the email they sent on how to pay im now a little worried.
    Today (Wednesday) I sent the Proof of Payment form to the IEC and they recieved it and sent me a reciept.
    Did anyone have the same problem as me at all?
    I already rang the Bank in France and they told me to ring the Embassy (in France) although im finding it hard to find any contact numbers.
    I just want to put my mind at ease and make sure everythings ok so I wont have to reapply all over again from the start!
    If anyone has any info it would be well appreciated.. thanks!:confused:

It shouldn't be a problem. You're I.D no. will have you're name assigned to it anyway Don't worry and good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭bugle

Liam, they only just started sending out letters of introduction in the last few days. All the visas cant be gone yet, if your thinking about applying though you better hurry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭jessible

Hey I transfered the money last night through aib 24 hr banking. It shows that it went out of my account but it doesnt show up in my payment logs or anything. I dont have any proof that I sent it. I think I messed up bigtime :(

Did anyone have similar problems?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

jessible wrote: »
    Hey I transfered the money last night through aib 24 hr banking. It shows that it went out of my account but it doesnt show up in my payment logs or anything. I dont have any proof that I sent it. I think I messed up bigtime :(

does it show up as pending?? it takes a day or two to clear

I just checked my aib internet banking. In "Transfers and Payments" on the left of screen; then up the top click "View my Payment Logs" and in "International Payment Log" at the bottom of screen my payment is listed.

If not there you could go into the bank and see could they print a page with the payment details

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭jimmybeige

I did it with 24 hour AIB. Used "I want to transfer money internationally" and added in all the details. Should show up in Transfers & Payments > View My Payment Logs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭jessible

beano345 wrote: »
    does it show up as pending?? it takes a day or two to clear

no it doest show anywhere pending it doesnt even come up on my payment logs. Where would it show up as pending. I dont think I did it correctly. Its showing that it has been taken out of my current account though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

no it doest show anywhere pending it doesnt even come up on my payment logs. Where would it show up as pending. I dont think I did it correctly. Its showing that it has been taken out of my current account though.
    my friend did it with internet banking and it said pending on it! he sent them a screen shot of some page as proof of payment! if its taken out of your account and doesnt show up id try ringin the bank for answers

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭jimmybeige

What did you do exactly to transfer it through the online banking?

• Advertisement

theajaxkid wrote: »
    I also got my visa today. Which is lucky.. because I fly out to Toronto tomorrow morning! :)

you mean you booked flights ... not knowing about your visa status... HMM!!... packed are we?

Advertisement