Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada 2010-2011?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭jimmybeige

jessible wrote: »
    no it doest show anywhere pending it doesnt even come up on my payment logs. Where would it show up as pending. I dont think I did it correctly. Its showing that it has been taken out of my current account though.

What did you do exactly to transfer it online?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭jessible

jimmybeige wrote: »
    What did you do exactly to transfer it online?

Its all sorted I rang the bank! For some reason it wasnt coming under my payment logs. The girl in the bank said they could trace it and that the money is gone out of my acc checked there 10 mins ago on line and it is now coming under payment log. This whole process is so stressfull.....

Its all sorted I rang the bank! For some reason it wasnt coming under my payment logs. The girl in the bank said they could trace it and that the money is gone out of my acc checked there 10 mins ago on line and it is now coming under payment log. This whole process is so stressfull.....

Definitely is! Your statement should say pending on it? It should change to confirmed by tomorrow. I just took a screen grab of that, put it in a PDF and sent it to them.

Definitely is! Your statement should say pending on it? It should change to confirmed by tomorrow. I just took a screen grab of that, put it in a PDF and sent it to them.

It says that the status is complete.... And not confirmed or pending ..

It says that the status is complete.... And not confirmed or pending ..

Oh that's it so. Guess it went through quickly. You're good to go then!

• Advertisement

Oh that's it so. Guess it went through quickly. You're good to go then!

I hope its ok sent email of proof of funds got the receipt of proof of funds email back from YMU more or less straight away.. Hope its all ok

Yea, they then send another email after they check the money has gone through and everything is OK. I got mine about a day after I uploaded the receipt of payment. Sounds like it's in order anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 bphilis

baldbear wrote: »
    It shouldn't be a problem. You're I.D no. will have you're name assigned to it anyway Don't worry and good luck!

Cheers for the heads up! I found a number for the Canadian Embassy in France so im gonna ring them in the morn just to be sure.
    Do you know anything bout the proof of funds? I got my mum to do the third party proof of funds but do you actually need to physically prove you have them before you go or at a point of entry or anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,299 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

got my visa, and booked my flights yday. Arriving in London ON tues 8th march.
    anybody around there?

Yea, they then send another email after they check the money has gone through and everything is OK. I got mine about a day after I uploaded the receipt of payment. Sounds like it's in order anyway.

I hope so... Hope that email comes soon:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

bphilis wrote: »
    Cheers for the heads up! I found a number for the Canadian Embassy in France so im gonna ring them in the morn just to be sure.
    Do you know anything bout the proof of funds? I got my mum to do the third party proof of funds but do you actually need to physically prove you have them before you go or at a point of entry or anything?

You might need some proof when you are entering Canada but i'm not sure. But for now you are ok with the 3rd party form you're mam signed and got stamped. It's a waiting game now!

You might need some proof when you are entering Canada but i'm not sure.

FYI, no reference to proof of funds in the letter of introduction at all.
    IEC EMAIL wrote:
    Dear Sir/Madam,

Your application for a work permit has been approved under the Working Holiday program.

Upon arrival in Canada, you must present :

• Your valid passport;
    • A printed copy of this message. Your work permit will be issued to you at the port of entry in Canada.
    • Proof of your comprehensive insurance coverage valid for the duration of your stay

......thats it

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭GGirl2010

retalivity wrote: »
    got my visa, and booked my flights yday. Arriving in London ON tues 8th march.
    anybody around there?

oh very good.. heard london is nice place. have you to apply for jobs in your area when you get there. :)

I applied to a job there in LONDON ON... few there i geuss.. i wasnt looking at the proper hidden sites ... toronto and london ON, i have been looking at past few months.

yeah...getting nowhere applying in ireland, need to go knocking on doors and recruiters wheni get there

for those of you that need a medical , have any of you heard word yet? i geuss im a have to wait bit more b/c of this medical test. :cool:

retalivity wrote: »
    yeah...getting nowhere applying in ireland, need to go knocking on doors and recruiters wheni get there

yeah... better to be in the country to apply. was looking at london, and toronto for my area now, not seein much in london doh for what i do.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 bphilis

You might need some proof when you are entering Canada but i'm not sure. But for now you are ok with the 3rd party form you're mam signed and got stamped. It's a waiting game now!
    Ok we'll play it by ear. I got an email there today saying my first evaluation stage is complete and they've sent the application to the visa section in the U.K. so I guess there was no problems with the money transfer, happy days!
    Yes its a waiting game now but I heard a lot of people got their visa after only 3 weeks, at this stage.
    How far along are you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭gdmaestro

GGirl2010 wrote: »
    for those of you that need a medical , have any of you heard word yet? i geuss im a have to wait bit more b/c of this medical test. :cool:

not yet....just want it sorted now!
    think i have an other good while to wait though....my application is in london only since last friday!
    how long have you been waiting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 corky748

just got my work permit for 2011 and am stuck between going to Vancouver or Toronto, any one know which would have better job opportunities in mechanical engineering????

Any advice would be helpful.

corky748 wrote: »
    just got my work permit for 2011 and am stuck between going to Vancouver or Toronto, any one know which would have better job opportunities in mechanical engineering????

Any advice would be helpful.

when you typed your major into google . for type and number of work in your area for van and toronto, which was more prevelent in your work. maby toronto for that , not too sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭den1982

anyone 3 weeks today???????? oh my god im a ball of nerves:eek::eek::eek:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 obeara

den1982 wrote: »

I was 3 weeks in london on Wednesday and I'm still waiting.... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Jeff33

Hi guys,

It seems the granted Visas are starting to be processed. My application went to Phase 2 in London on the 8th of February so going on the 3 week waiting time I should know by Monday next week. It's nerve wracking. Anyone due around now?? Best of luck to all, it's definately worth celebrating I'f you get the good news.

Regards Jeff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

den1982 wrote: »

lol im 3 weeks today too!! my email refresh button has gone into overdrive! :D 3 weeks seems to be the timescale for people getting excepted! best of luck:D

obeara wrote: »
    I was 3 weeks in london on Wednesday and I'm still waiting.... :(

oic.... im nervous...!!! wil be 3 weeks not till another lil while for me now... ugh... lol... well i would say i doubt theyd refuse after the full waiting time... b/c last few people on threads got refused straight after a week when they paid.. lol not sure... now... oh well they could turn ... anywy.. good luck..

:eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭cybrandian

Got the mail advising it was sent to London on the 9th, so I would say at least another week for me, fingers crossed anyway! :D

I just keep going over in my head ... The ERRORS in the application form ...LOLz.. Y wouldnt i get it im not a CRIMINAL...

I just keep going over in my head ... The ERRORS in the application form ...LOLz.. Y wouldnt i get it im not a CRIMINAL...

i knew i shouldnt have robbed them apples from that orchard when i was younger lol im sure we'll all start hearing back in the next week or 2

beano345 wrote: »
    i knew i shouldnt have robbed them apples from that orchard when i was younger lol im sure we'll all start hearing back in the next week or 2

haha.. i doubt your gona get a visa now. god knows what you get up to in canada. how did you fill out your first 3 pages application fom jw. on pc or written. or copied.

• Advertisement

haha.. i doubt your gona get a visa now. god knows what you get up to in canada. how did you fill out your first 3 pages application fom jw. on pc or written. or copied.

i did half on pc the other half written none copied. when the application kit first came out it was pretty messy..parts you couldnt fill in,tick boxes that all lit up when you clicked one!

Advertisement