Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada 2010-2011?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭GGirl2010

beano345 wrote: »
    i did half on pc the other half written none copied. when the application kit first came out it was pretty messy..parts you couldnt fill in,tick boxes that all lit up when you clicked one!

oic... oh well i filled it all in in pen. haha.. and my second copy of the first 3pages was copied, but i did have parts in pen, and had needed to copy it for the photo id to be on the bottom . Well if this wasnt enough i would have done it again and on the pc haha. BUT i wasnt affected, my writing was neat anyways. i was bit wary of the copy one, but kind of the same as printing out twice from pc in a way. HAHA. well i didnt get refused anyways. yeah the pc was neater way ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

GGirl2010 wrote: »
    oic... oh well i filled it all in in pen. haha.. and my second copy of the first 3pages was copied, but i did have parts in pen, and had needed to copy it for the photo id to be on the bottom . Well if this wasnt enough i would have done it again and on the pc haha. BUT i wasnt affected, my writing was neat anyways. i was bit wary of the copy one, but kind of the same as printing out twice from pc in a way. HAHA. well i didnt get refused anyways. yeah the pc was neater way ...

how long has yours been in london??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭mistermister

Posted to Paris 29th January. Forwarded to London on the 7th February. Got the letter of introduction today at 12:27pm.

how long has yours been in london??

about 2 and half weeks... hope ill be ok...

about 2 and half weeks... hope ill be ok...

sure if we made it this far im sure we'll be fine;) really want to get flights and stuff organised so my escape is finalised lol might start looking into that today.

• Advertisement

sure if we made it this far im sure we'll be fine;) really want to get flights and stuff organised so my escape is finalised lol might start looking into that today.

yeah i know.. they would have to be fair and refuse people doh after first week in uk , to be fair. id say if i hadnt filed those feilds out gahh they prob woulda kiked my ass outta there. eeek... haha. yeah flights . i want to gtfo my face!!! asap. very good mistromister ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

too late ta apply for the Visa you reckon folks?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 maire61

woodyg wrote: »

Not at all! They might be going quickly but there has been no indication of them already reaching their limit. I also heard last week that Irealand was getting another 1000 as well.

woodyg wrote: »

i wouldnt think so..with the amount getting rejected and having to re-apply. i know someone whos application arrived tuesday and they were accepted so id say theres still time to apply!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭can2011

retalivity wrote: »
    got my visa, and booked my flights yday. Arriving in London ON tues 8th march.
    anybody around there?

I am on a visa and live about an hour from london - have you got anything set up? If not, why london?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 eire86

can2011 wrote: »
    Ya it does not matter who pays, as long as they receive it

Hey,does it it have to be aib internet banking or will ulster bank do?And wats this about printing off prove of payment if i get an email bak saying they recieved it wud that not be ok?Probley stupid questions just tryna figure out how to send this :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭louisejscott

Any back will do but as per the email they send you must include your ID number, date of birth etc on the proof of payment. The international Desk at your bank should be able to provide proof of payment. Do not rely on what the teller tells you as they have got it wrong ALOT. International desk should have no problem doing up the prrof of payment that you require

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭den1982

im three weeks in UK since yesterday and still no email !!!!! oh im a nervous wreck:eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭louisejscott

I think I was actually the chief panic person on this sight for a while. Waited nearly 3 weeks after I sent my proof of payment to get the email to say it was sent to London. But i gather from the rejection emails other people have gotten that if there is a problem with your paper work then Paris email you and London really look into if your a criminal so assuming you aren't you should be fine DEN1982. Seems to be no logic in the timing of things I know it's hard but after my weeks of pure stress and panic all I can say is it's not worth it cause it will come when it comes.

I think I was actually the chief panic person on this sight for a while. Waited nearly 3 weeks after I sent my proof of payment to get the email to say it was sent to Paris. But i gather from the rejection emails other people have gotten that if there is a problem with your paper work then Paris email you and London really look into if your a criminal so assuming you aren't you should be fine DEN1982. Seems to be no logic in the timing of things I know it's hard but after my weeks of pure stress and panic all I can say is it's not worth it cause it will come when it comes.
    true girl. no news is probably good news at this stage.....love to just get the e-mail..if i ever got rejected oh my god at this stage id freak out...hahah but fingers crossed now we will get it next week and let the partyin begin:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭jessible

Well got my email today to say that my application has been sent to London... so relieved that the money transfer went through ok. Just a waiting game from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Wanderer81

Hi jessible got my mine yesterday aswell, suprised how quick the process is.Not too long to wait now,have you any ideas what the plan is for when you get there.Will be probably fly to Toronto first i reckon and go from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,299 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

can2011 wrote: »
    I am on a visa and live about an hour from london - have you got anything set up? If not, why london?

Nothing yet. My girlfriend is studying there, so going to live with her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭jessible

Wanderer81 wrote: »
    Hi jessible got my mine yesterday aswell, suprised how quick the process is.Not too long to wait now,have you any ideas what the plan is for when you get there.Will be probably fly to Toronto first i reckon and go from there.

Hi Wanderer81, yeah Im suprised how quick the process is aswell. Just hope we wont be waiting too long for the next email:). Im hoping to go to Toronto in August/September it'll give me a bit of time to save. Im looking at getting a job more or less straight away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 theajaxkid

you mean you booked flights ... not knowing about your visa status... HMM!!... packed are we?
    Ha yeah I'm used to these sort of things so knew it would be a non-issue. That said though, it all the countries I've been to, I've never met an immigration team as rude as at Toronto Pearson.

PS. Toronto is amazing. Cold as anything.. but craic is flowing already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

how long does it take alltogether to get the visa,is it running faster than the 8 week period?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,299 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

took me 5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 FoghornLeghorn

Hi,

I'm sure this has been asked/answered before but this thread is ridiculously long so just wondering if someone can help me!
    I got the email saying my proof of payment had been received, and they were doing one last check before it was sent to London.
    Is there another email I should have received saying it was actually sent to London, or is that email the last one before the letter of introduction? Thanks in advance...:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 obeara

Hi,

I'm sure this has been asked/answered before but this thread is ridiculously long so just wondering if someone can help me!
    I got the email saying my proof of payment had been received, and they were doing one last check before it was sent to London.
    Is there another email I should have received saying it was actually sent to London, or is that email the last one before the letter of introduction? Thanks in advance...:(

Yes there is another email to say its been sent to london. Usually get it within a day of proof of payment email, but some people had to wait over a week for confirmation.

Once you do get it you could be waiting another 4 weeks like me and still not have the letter :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 jules1979

You will only receive an email saying that you have been conditionally accepted, then one asking you for your payment, then your letter of introduction. Unless you're like me and get a rejection email 2 weeks after I get my conditional acceptance and have paid the fee. That was over a week ago and I'm still waiting for my application form to be returned so I can find out where I went wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 beggarman

hi was wonderin is anyone headin to toronto round the 6th of may i am headin over round then on my own and would like to know if anyone is headin the same time

HURRY UP!!!! Ok, checking email every 30 seconds does not spell a productive day at work!

maire61 wrote: »
    HURRY UP!!!! Ok, checking email every 30 seconds does not spell a productive day at work!
    that makes two of us so girl....what a day to spend work,im goin to break the button pressing refresh on e-mails:D

den1982 wrote: »
    that makes two of us so girl....what a day to spend work,im goin to break the button pressing refresh on e-mails:D

considering just getting the IT department to block hotmail for me at work. right...i'll go make a cup of tea...i'm sure it will be in my inbox when i come back! :confused:

• Advertisement

maire61 wrote: »
    considering just getting the IT department to block hotmail for me at work. right...i'll go make a cup of tea...i'm sure it will be in my inbox when i come back! :confused:
    how long are u waiting now???? i was 3 weeks last thurs:mad:

Advertisement