Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada 2010-2011?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 maire61

den1982 wrote: »
    how long are u waiting now???? i was 3 weeks last thurs:mad:

same here. would have been ok if i hadn't heard of people starting to get theirs last week. i was all set to wait for another few weeks if i counted 8 weeks from the day it was received in paris.

if anyone has got their letter of introduction today let us know.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭GGirl2010

?? .... verdicts ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 obeara

GGirl2010 wrote: »
    ?? .... verdicts ??

Another day gone.... I really thought it would be today :rolleyes:

obeara wrote: »
    Another day gone.... I really thought it would be today :rolleyes:

i see.. you waiting on verdicts from uk or to be accepted. few more days for me, and il be waiting 3 weeks. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 SarahB3

Hey everyone!
    new to this thread but its great to hear everyones applications are moving along! my application was just sent to london on friday so fingers crossed it is only a 3 week wait from now!! was just wondering if anyone has heard of applications being refused at the london stage?? ive heard of them being refused from paris but thts it! the excitement at leaving is killing me tht the thought of it being refused now would be so upsetting!!

• Advertisement

SarahB3 wrote: »
    Hey everyone!
    new to this thread but its great to hear everyones applications are moving along! my application was just sent to london on friday so fingers crossed it is only a 3 week wait from now!! was just wondering if anyone has heard of applications being refused at the london stage?? ive heard of them being refused from paris but thts it! the excitement at leaving is killing me tht the thought of it being refused now would be so upsetting!!

few days in france to be accepted and to make payments. then 3+ weeks in uk...

i see.. you waiting on verdicts from uk or to be accepted. few more days for me, and il be waiting 3 weeks. :rolleyes:

In london 4 weeks this wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭mfield

Just received an email to confirm that The First Evaluation Stage has been completed and my visa has been sent to the UK.

They received my application on the 10th of February.

In london 4 weeks this wednesday

ohh!!... do you have any medicals to do or anything

ohh!!... do you have any medicals to do or anything

No dont have to do a medical or anythin. Seems to be a few others waiting this long anyway so hopefully we hear soon

• Advertisement

No dont have to do a medical or anythin. Seems to be a few others waiting this long anyway so hopefully we hear soon

IM so nervous!!! ... YEAH there is few waiting that long,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Del007

Are there a limited amount working holiday visa's granted for Canada?

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭red menace

Del007 wrote: »
    Are there a limited amount working holiday visa's granted for Canada?

Cheers

Yep limited to ~5000 places some say more but around 5-6 K

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 laura47

SarahB3 wrote: »
    Hey everyone!

me 2 im in the same boat my application.....was sent to london today and i feel the exact same im absolutly dying to find out thats true i havent heard of anyone getting refused in london yet so thats a good thing i guess !!!!!smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif
    also im so scared incase i get refused in london but im so excited about going aghhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

pure torture until we find out
    best of luck biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6 tycon

hey, im waiting on visa confirmation as well , does anyone know if theres work for 360 deg excavator operators or if the irish ticket is valid in canada ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

tycon wrote: »
    hey, im waiting on visa confirmation as well , does anyone know if theres work for 360 deg excavator operators or if the irish ticket is valid in canada ?

think you have to do their ticket! and its not cheap from what i see! maybe it can be done for cheap with a bit of investigation.plenty of work in the oil sands region for excavator drivers serious money and serious hours! the only draw back is some places you have to fly into...do 3 weeks on 1 week off and your pretty much in the middle of nowhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 tycon

cheers beano345 like the sound of the big money, not so sure about working 3 weeks on the trot tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Mongo

Thinkin of makin' the move to Canada. What city would be best for someone looking to play as much music as possible? I heard Montreal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭gdmaestro

Hey guys, anyone heareneed a medical? or had the medical?

at what stage do you hear about it?

im soooo impatient

theajaxkid wrote: »
    Ha yeah I'm used to these sort of things so knew it would be a non-issue. That said though, it all the countries I've been to, I've never met an immigration team as rude as at Toronto Pearson.

PS. Toronto is amazing. Cold as anything.. but craic is flowing already.

oh!! i want to book flights :/.... rekon i should ?? ... oh you there already... oh they rude... hmmm... wont be rude with likes of me.. you get yourself a place/job ...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 BethQ

Hi everyone! :)

I'm Beth from the UK. hoping to get out to canada with my boyfriend in June! we heard we'd passed evaluation stage 1 and our info is being forwarded to London. We stupidly booked our flights yesterday thinking the conditional acceptace was near enough 99% but after realising stage two is the mega one we're beginning to feel a little nervous to say the least! thought i'd look on the internet for info and stumbled upon this thread and i've been glued to it for over an hour! i've read all your posts and its nice to know im not the only one confused and scared with the whole process! found this on the embassy website which has un nerved me..

PHASE 1:

International Experience Canada (IEC) section: Evaluation of Application and Declarations Form
    1. The IEC section will review your application package to verify that you are eligible to participate, and that all of the required documentation has been provided. Evaluation of your application should take eight weeks from this point.
    2. a) If your application is accepted by the IEC section:
    If your application passes the first phase of the evaluation, the IEC section will send an email advising you that your application package has been received, and forwarded to the Visa and Immigration section for the second phase of the evaluation – evaluation of the Work Permit Application Form.

PHASE 2:

Visas and Immigration section: Work Permit Assessment
    If your application is transferred to the Visa and Immigration section for the second phase, your application will be evaluated as per Canadian immigration law and regulations. Once the Visa and Immigration section receives your application, a separate work permit file is created under your name and a work permit assessment is conducted. :confused:

I feel i have booked our non refundable £1500 flights on a slight chance now! phase one sounds like a standard admin check, and thatsall! how is everyone getting on? any more refusals? acceptances? so stressful!

I feel i have booked our non refundable £1500 flights on a slight chance now! phase one sounds like a standard admin check, and thatsall! how is everyone getting on? any more refusals? acceptances? so stressful!

hey beth i know stress isnt the word for this process!!mines been in london for 3 weeks now havent heard a thing back!at the same time though i havent heard of any rejections from london yet!!best of luck with your application im sure you'll be fine:D

jules1979 wrote: »
    You will only receive an email saying that you have been conditionally accepted, then one asking you for your payment, then your letter of introduction. Unless you're like me and get a rejection email 2 weeks after I get my conditional acceptance and have paid the fee. That was over a week ago and I'm still waiting for my application form to be returned so I can find out where I went wrong

oh oh!! 2 weeks.. did you get two mails after payment?... or one.. did oyur application go to uk do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

tycon wrote: »
    cheers beano345 like the sound of the big money, not so sure about working 3 weeks on the trot tho.

they offer mad money do it for 3-4 months and live off it easily for the rest of your visa time

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18 zizuzid

Hi,

I'm a 28yr old guy from Kerry that's been living here for three years. I've noticed there is very little information available to people moving here so decided to set up a facebook page to assist Irish people with the move. From reading the forums from start to finish over the past week I'm pretty sure that everything is covered in one convenient facebook page

Check out "Moving to Vancouver", have a read and please feel free to leave comments and feedback as I would love to hear your views. It's far from being ready now, hence the low viewers, so I want some good feedback before spreading word to everyone. Please keep an eye on it as I hope to have it up and running by next week

Please 'like it' and tell your friends if you think it may be of help

Ruairi
    RuairiSpillane@gmail.com

beano345 wrote: »
    think you have to do their ticket! and its not cheap from what i see! maybe it can be done for cheap with a bit of investigation.plenty of work in the oil sands region for excavator drivers serious money and serious hours! the only draw back is some places you have to fly into...do 3 weeks on 1 week off and your pretty much in the middle of nowhere!

hi beano... any news

hi beano... any news

no nothing yet! i seem to be on the computer 24/7 waiting patiently:D its soooomme process lol any news yourself??

no nothing yet! i seem to be on the computer 24/7 waiting patiently:D its soooomme process lol any news yourself??

just cheked there .. nope nothing.. your over 3 weeks arnt ya.?

just cheked there .. nope nothing.. your over 3 weeks arnt ya.?

yep 3 weeks since last thursday how long is yours in the uk?? i havent heard off anyone else been issued with letter of introduction yet

• Advertisement

yep 3 weeks since last thursday how long is yours in the uk?? i havent heard off anyone else been issued with letter of introduction yet

em.. 3 weeks tomorow, .. em thatts the last email that i got after i payed first one was on tuesday , second was wednsday about going to the uk so i presume it is wednsday and not tuesday.. yeah they must be up to their eyes in that office... still worried about that second copy, but filling it out in pen saved the day i geuss.... haha... yeah they must be busy in that office

Advertisement