Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada 2010-2011?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

GGirl2010 wrote: »
    em.. 3 weeks tomorow, .. em thatts the last email that i got after i payed first one was on tuesday , second was wednsday about going to the uk so i presume it is wednsday and not tuesday.. yeah they must be up to their eyes in that office... still worried about that second copy, but filling it out in pen saved the day i geuss.... haha... yeah they must be busy in that office

from what i hear off other people their not really known for their efficiency in london, but sure like you say their prob up to their eyes especialy with the mass exodus from ireland!they have the uks visas to deal with aswell.i wouldnt worry about the second copy and it being in pen its past paris now and i think thats were they rejected the likes of them things!

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭GGirl2010

beano345 wrote: »
    from what i hear off other people their not really known for their efficiency in london, but sure like you say their prob up to their eyes especialy with the mass exodus from ireland!they have the uks visas to deal with aswell.i wouldnt worry about the second copy and it being in pen its past paris now and i think thats were they rejected the likes of them things!

yeah few feilds in pen now, not many , well no people were told after they paid and was week in uk i think now, or maby it was after they paid they cheked it again... hmmm well i made amendments to the copy so prob ok.. haha..

yeah few feilds in pen now, not many , well no people were told after they paid and was week in uk i think now, or maby it was after they paid they cheked it again... hmmm well i made amendments to the copy so prob ok.. haha..

gonna be some session if i get it:D when you planning on heading over?

gonna be some session if i get it:D when you planning on heading over?

end of may... i want to get flight out of the way doh, oh yeah lol.. session. not sure what ill do,... might just be lazy not go out.

end of may... i want to get flight out of the way doh, oh yeah lol.. session. not sure what ill do,... might just be lazy not go out.

plan on going end of may meself maybe sooner! ah c'mon you'd have to celebrate after this!:D im going to be somersaulting and backflipping out the door for pints if i get it lol

• Advertisement

:eek:
    plan on going end of may meself maybe sooner! ah c'mon you'd have to celebrate after this!:D im going to be somersaulting and backflipping out the door for pints if i get it lol

haha...you a breakdancer??.... i jsut hate buying drinks in ireland tbh.... everything seems to be rip off ireland!!! and not worth it... might get a blue WKD...!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭can2011

Anyone in Canada been approved for the IEC?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 phelant4

yep 3 weeks since last thursday how long is yours in the uk?? i havent heard off anyone else been issued with letter of introduction yet

I saw a few ppl on the "Canada 2010-2011 Baby!" forum saying they have started issuing the letters of intro the past few days. I applied at the start of February but not expecting to hear much from London till the 8 weeks is up. wouldn’t worry bout it.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭den1982

anyone hear of any visa's today??????????????? :eek::eek::eek::eek:

can2011 wrote: »
    Anyone in Canada been approved for the IEC?

ya there was a few visa's last week given out..im 4 weeks thurs in london and gettin very worried..anyone get some this week ????????:eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭louisejscott

Nope seems to be quite slow at this stage. But I assuming when you get as far as London and your not a criminal you shuld be fine. They did say 8 weeks at the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 maire61

haven't heard of any being released this week yet, i'm keepin an eye on the bunac canada facebook page too. brits had nothin this week either.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

I'm three weeks in London tomorrow

Getting nervous :)

maire61 wrote: »
    haven't heard of any being released this week yet, i'm keepin an eye on the bunac canada facebook page too. brits had nothin this week either.
    another day of pressing refresh marie........hahha........ill actually probably fainting when i actually see the e-mail at this stage:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

Has anyone here been to University in the UK or anywhere else??? Reason Im asking is about the police certitifcates, not sure If im gna need one for the 3 years I spent over there. It says on their site that 'Generally you dont but they reserve the right to ask' but I reckon Id just get refused rather than them chasing me for it like. Dont really wanna go after it unless its absolutely necessary could take weeks to get it. It took 7 weeks for my Irish one!! But if I got refused simply for not having that Id be pissed off. Anybody know anything about this at all??? Thanks in advance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 obeara

maire61 wrote: »

Just read on the british expats forum that somebody in the uk got their letter in the past half hour.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?p=9210562#post9210562

Hopefully there will be another batch of them sent this evening and tommorrow like what seemed to happen last week! :D

Mine is 4 weeks in london tommorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 obeara

token101 wrote: »
    Has anyone here been to University in the UK or anywhere else??? Reason Im asking is about the police certitifcates, not sure If im gna need one for the 3 years I spent over there. It says on their site that 'Generally you dont but they reserve the right to ask' but I reckon Id just get refused rather than them chasing me for it like. Dont really wanna go after it unless its absolutely necessary could take weeks to get it. It took 7 weeks for my Irish one!! But if I got refused simply for not having that Id be pissed off. Anybody know anything about this at all??? Thanks in advance!

I was over in the UK for university last year and didnt get a UK police cert. My application has been in London for 4 weeks and haven't been asked for it yet. I think they only look for it if you dont have a clean record in Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭louisejscott

I lived in Germany for a while and I didn't submit a german police cert but I'm through to the London stage now so fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 maire61

Ok, someone just got a visa on the bunac facebook page. Hopefully another batch will be coming. :P

let us know if anyone gets it straight away !!!!! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 laura47

good luck everyone :D:D:D:Dmine went to london yest so just waiting game now lets all try and be positive im sure most people will get them as long as your not a PHSYCO killer lol!!!!!!!!!!:):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭luluslollypop

Hi all,

Still no news from me......... i hate waiting and I still have to do my medical too which is going to take even longer then the 8 weeks I think its an additional 3 weeks onto it????? Passed first stage Feb 14th so i'm only at 2 weeks now!!! AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Anyone have any idea about childcare jobs in Vancouver?

Thanks guys!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

obeara wrote: »
    I was over in the UK for university last year and didnt get a UK police cert. My application has been in London for 4 weeks and haven't been asked for it yet. I think they only look for it if you dont have a clean record in Ireland

Cool thanks for the info just gna send it off in that case only takes 2 weeks from UK actually but costs a bit! Seems to be a bit of a nightmare process from some of the comments here!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

haha...you a breakdancer??.... i jsut hate buying drinks in ireland tbh.... everything seems to be rip off ireland!!! and not worth it... might get a blue WKD...!!

Good luck buying drink in Canada then. It's way more expensive out here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭luluslollypop

Hey Zapp,
    is it a lot more expensive?? i heard beer was about 5 dollers. What is the story with Vodka and spirts??

Thanks

jeez your a cheap date lol ah prices are ridiculous here,saving everytin i can lets hope canada is cheaper living

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 laura47

quick questions

1 when we get the letter of intr do we need a return flight or can we just book 1 way

2...also where is immigration for toronto is it in dublin like the us has 1 or actually toronto i want to fly direct with air transit

Hey Zapp,
    is it a lot more expensive?? i heard beer was about 5 dollers. What is the story with Vodka and spirts??

Thanks

yeah oh ok... thought be cheaper... lol yeah vodka!! be way dearer

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Hey Zapp,

Thanks

Yup, much dearer. Don't forget you're adding a tip on top of every drink as well.

Haven't been drinking much spirits as I've just been sharing pitchers of beer with mates, but I'd assume they're also expensive (just like everything else).

I'm in Vancouver though, so beer might be cheaper in other places.

• Advertisement

Yup, much dearer. Don't forget you're adding a tip on top of every drink as well.

Haven't been drinking much spirits as I've just been sharing pitchers of beer with mates, but I'd assume they're also expensive (just like everything else).

I'm in Vancouver though, so beer might be cheaper in other places.

very good zapp... you get yourself a job you like?

Advertisement